March 28, 2024, 18:23
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: XBox360 support  (Read 30077 times)
zardalu
Gold Sponsor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 03:27 »

Yes, it was my bad, I didn't use -notex  Embarrassed
As soon as I did, I was able to extract the .psk files  Grin
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 11:49 »

Anyway, texture export should not affect mesh export. I'll check this.
tekken57

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 12:41 »

Thanks a lot for this excellent program. I've managed to successfully export textures and models from gears of war.

I am now trying to extract models from tna impact which an xbox 360 game based on the unreal engine.  However when I try to extract the xxx file I get the following error (even with the -notex, -noanim,-all options):

******** CHR_Kevin_Nash_Model.xxx ********

ERROR: Unable to serialize data
FFileReader::Serialize <- FString<< <- FPackageFileSummary<< <- UnPackage::UnPackage:CHR_Kevin_Nash_Model.xxx <- Main

I've attached the file and would appreciate if you could take a look at it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=90902440feb62f34391d7d881749d3a7e04e75f6e8ebb871
or http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mtkjywzeuym

Thanks again.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 13:03 »

I am now trying to extract models from tna impact which an xbox 360 game based on the unreal engine.  However when I try to extract the xxx file I get the following error (even with the -notex, -noanim,-all options)
Sorry, no other xbox360 games are supported unless this game uses an unmodified Unreal Engine (I think, for example, The Last Remnant should work). Your report shows, that "tna impact" has modified package format.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:57 by esr911 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 13:41 »

I tried several packages, all with the same result. I am not able to export psk/psa from any of them, only tga. It doesn't matter if I use the -noanim flag or not, and I am not using the -nomesh option.

To test, I confirmed that SP_Leviathan_BF.xxx does have skeletal meshes in it (The Leviathan, the Leviathan Tentacle, etc), then I copied it to an empty folder, then I ran umodel -export -noanim SP_Leviathan_BF.xxx, and all I got were the low-res .tga textures.
I have fixed that. The problem was in wrong decompression of one of the textures.
Also, I fixed incompatibility with some GoW2 animations.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:58 by esr911 » Logged
tekken57

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2009, 13:43 »

I am now trying to extract models from tna impact which an xbox 360 game based on the unreal engine.  However when I try to extract the xxx file I get the following error (even with the -notex, -noanim,-all options)
Sorry, no other xbox360 games supported unless this game uses unmodified Unreal Engine (I think, for example, The Last Remnant should work). Your report shows, that "tna impact" has modified package format.

I understand. Thanks for taking a look anyways. Is there any other way to decompress this file?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009, 13:46 »

I understand. Thanks for taking a look anyways. Is there any other way to decompress this file?
I think, no other tools exists.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 12:24 »

I have published new umodel version with following GoW2 enhancements:
  • support for detailed textures (reading from textures.tfc)
  • fixed bugs in loader of new (post-UT3) animation compression algorithms
  • have support of "-path=..." directive for UE3
For full changelog check readme.txt.
veselaki
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 23:17 »

I tested the new version of umodel with textures.tfc but i ran into few errors.

First one:

******** textures.tfc ********

ERROR: assertion failed: len < ARRAY_COUNT(buf)

ReadNameTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage:Textures.tfc <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:textures.tfc <- Main

Second one:

ERROR: Too much unknown files - bad root directory?

I am sure that i type the command line and the path correctly, because when i use it for xxx file it works without problems. Not sure what im doing wrong.
bob123

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 01:31 »

I would like to thank you for this excellent program, you have succeeded where others failed. Gildor, you are the man.  Grin Grin
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 02:04 »

I tested the new version of umodel with textures.tfc but i ran into few errors.
ReadNameTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage:Textures.tfc <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:textures.tfc <- Main
ERROR: Too much unknown files - bad root directory?
I am sure that i type the command line and the path correctly, because when i use it for xxx file it works without problems. Not sure what im doing wrong.
textures.tfc is not a package, you should not open it directly. You should open *.xxx files instead, and tfc file will be used automatically.
"ERROR: Too much unknown files - bad root directory?" happens, when you have specified wrong root directory. For example, when you type "umodel -path=c:" -list some_name", program will display the same error, because it will scan whole drive c: for game files! I'm displaying error message to prevent program to perform very long scans (program will display this error when it found more than 16000 files with unknown extension in root directory)

I would like to thank you for this excellent program, you have succeeded where others failed. Gildor, you are the man.  Grin Grin
Thank you Smiley
veselaki
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 02:35 »

I thought it should be opened seperately, i just tried it and it works perfectly!
zardalu
Gold Sponsor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 02:43 »

This tool just keeps getting better and better! 

Does anyone know which package the helmets or shoulder pads for the Sniper, Palace Guard, the Butcher Boomer, the Mauler, the Flame Boomer, or the Grinder are in? I have found Boomer and Theron Guard meshes in many of the *_S.xxx packages, and the above mentioned characters are just Boomers or Theron Guards with different helmets and shoulder pads. Does GOW2 see the helmets and shoulder pads as static meshes? If not, where are they kept?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 02:47 »

Check geargame*.xxx packages. They are contains some meshes with full animsets.
I don't have all the files from GOW2, so I cannot answer your question. But I find it interesting too - which packages contains game meshes.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:59 by esr911 » Logged
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 23:20 »

Just wanted to let everyone know that I tested GOW2 with umodel and it works fine. textures extract fine, and models and animations are extracted fine too. Gildor is the man.

When I have time I will do some renders with the models, and maybe animations.

..:: ESR ::..

Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: