March 29, 2024, 11:32
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Newbie here need help Bioshock2  (Read 136 times)
Mr.Curious

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2020, 05:23 »

I just discovered this site today and am so pleased to know that it is possible to open up Bioshock2 with this amazing tool, so let me start off by saying thank you for all your hard work.

Now I have done a fair bit of reading on here and testing with the program but I am at a point where I need help. I am having the issue with BS2 whereby I am unable to get textures beyond 64 x 64. I know this is because "umodel is unable to find tfc file (usually "textures.tfc")" (I have read the FAQ and the More info link is broken) so I still dont know how to correct this, and.....

I do not know how to run the program with CMD (or bat, CMD with arguments). I have only been using the GUI from this point, but saw several users posting help requests with this. For my problem with textures shown above, I saw something about :

set options=-export -uncook -groups

that might help. Im sorry if none of this makes sense to you. I'm totally new to modding with this tool.

Thanks!
Mr.Curious

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 05:33 »

I think I may have solved the texture issue. I had set my path the the MAPS folder but read in the FAQ I needed to go to root folder.

I would still like to know about the CMD stuff if possible.

Thanks!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 09:32 »

It's nice that you've solved it, and that at least someone have read the FAQ Smiley
BTW you can do all the job with UI, no needs to use CMD or batch.
Mr.Curious

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 09:38 »

It's nice that you've solved it, and that at least someone have read the FAQ Smiley
BTW you can do all the job with UI, no needs to use CMD or batch.

OK thanks for the speedy reply. While Im asking about Bioshock2, Id like to know if it was ever discovered possible to render the models in their in-game positions, not at 0.0.0? I did read one comment about someone wanting to extract the stages with all the models in place, and while I know this isnt quite possible by reading the models alone, I thought perhaps in all the years that have passed since people started playing this that someone may have figured out what files are responsible for model placement.

In Resident Evil 4 there is a container file that contains all the models, but also a section of the file that contains all the model position data, scale, rotation, instances etc.

Cheers, and thanks again.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 09:42 »

There are some tools exists which lets read map object positions for PARTICULAR games (e.g. Mass Effect 3). But there's no "universal" tool (like UModel) doing that.
Mr.Curious

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 09:44 »

There are some tools exists which lets read map object positions for PARTICULAR games (e.g. Mass Effect 3). But there's no "universal" tool (like UModel) doing that.

Ok so Im guessing there hasnt been one released for Bioshock2 then? This game is old I know, but its still so beautiful !
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 10:14 »

I don't think so. Even more, Bioshock has very custom engine, support of anything (even just textures) required a lot of effort for me, I believe supporting LEVEL data would be complex too. I'm not aware of any OTHER tool which does anything with Bioshock.
Mr.Curious

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 10:19 »

I don't think so. Even more, Bioshock has very custom engine, support of anything (even just textures) required a lot of effort for me, I believe supporting LEVEL data would be complex too. I'm not aware of any OTHER tool which does anything with Bioshock.

Well in any case we sure are lucky to have a dedicated person like you who makes this stuff. Thank you so much.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 10:24 »

Thanks.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: