March 28, 2024, 12:22
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time  (Read 3060 times)
MrUncleBingo

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2020, 07:41 »

The games uses Unreal Engine 4, and the Spyro Reignited Trilogy could be seen on Umodel using the Engine Version 4.19.
I already have the game in digital, and I want to discover how can I open the files on Umodel, just to see if the program is compatible with the game.
venkman
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 08:30 »

Rightclick the game's .exe file and under "version" it should say something like 4.(X).(X)

That will tell you which version of UE4 it's using (Spyro for example could be 4.19.0).

Use that information with Umodel and it should open it.
MrUncleBingo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 08:34 »

Rightclick the game's .exe file and under "version" it should say something like 4.(X).(X)

That will tell you which version of UE4 it's using (Spyro for example could be 4.19.0).

Use that information with Umodel and it should open it.

That's it? I mean, I have the game saved in a fisical HDD, where I save other games. I never tested it on my PC since I never had to, but how does this work: I just get the game files from the HDD and copy them into my PC, see which version of UE4 is using by searching the .exe file, and that would be all?
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 09:34 »

Yes providing there is nothing custom with the game to block umodel from opening the game files etc.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 09:48 »

If someone would provide a CORRECT thread for this game, or at least a correct message - I'll split the thread and remove old messages. Currently thread is about nothing "I have the game", "it's UE4", "somebody knows".
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 13:05 »

It's PS4/Xbox exclusive for now. Considering that it is released for latest firmwares, which doesn't have public exploits, you simply can't access any game files. So, this topic will be useless until PC version (which is not officially planned yet) or some leaked build will pop up - or if PSN version is using default passcode.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 13:27 by spiritovod » Logged
venkman
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 17:42 »

Ah, god! I forgot Crash was PS4 only! If you've got the files extracted you'll have to just trial and error it unfortunately.
DillyDong

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 12:50 »

It's 4.24. Make sure to select PS4 Platform or textures will be destroyed!
Skeletons and Static Meshes work.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 13:08 by DillyDong » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 15:10 »

Yep, they're shipping the whole game within the patches with default passcode. Download latest legit patch via orbis or anywhere, merge and unpack it (instruction here) and you're good to go.  
MrUncleBingo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 08:28 »

Yep, they're shipping the whole game within the patches with default passcode. Download latest legit patch via orbis or anywhere, merge and unpack it (instruction here) and you're good to go.  

Sorry, been busy. Glad to hear about this! Thanks for the info.
Arty

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2020, 09:18 »

Thanks for this! However, when trying to do anything with the .pkgs downloaded from Orbis, I'm getting an "Invalid CNT Header" error. Don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but what do I do with this?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 15:33 »

@Arty: It seems you didn't merge them properly. Make sure you have all _0 , _1 , _2 (etc) parts in the same folder while choosing _0 part in the merging menu (PkgEditor will not let you choose any other parts anyway). You can't work with parts as is, only with complete package.
Arty

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 22:00 »

@Arty: It seems you didn't merge them properly. Make sure you have all _0 , _1 , _2 (etc) parts in the same folder while choosing _0 part in the merging menu (PkgEditor will not let you choose any other parts anyway). You can't work with parts as is, only with complete package.

It works now. However, when exporting the .paks, I keep getting an error that says "Found invalid data while decoding", and only pakchunk0-ps4.pak is exported, and when opening the .pak in Umodel, nothing shows up.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 23:22 »

@Arty: I didn't have any problems while extracting and viewing it in umodel. It can be anything - corrupted download, corrupted merged file, corrupted extracted pak. PkgEditor doesn't have verification or integrity checks, so if header is readable and correct, it will try to do things regardless of possible errors. I can only suggest to re-download pkgs with a downloader like jdownloader or idm, merge them on hdd (avoid ssd if possible) without doing anything else on pc and extract paks in the same way. 
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2020, 01:27 »

What's wrong with SSD?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: