March 29, 2024, 17:18
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time  (Read 3068 times)
Thunderous

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2021, 22:19 »

@spiritovod: Hey there! I'm ShiftSike's friend, the guy she mentioned earlier who had the pak files. I'm so sorry for not including the skeleton and some animations for the mesh, that's my bad. I updated the drive to include them. If you need me to include anything else just tell me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1zPyxAxIDvZXPdJ_3ILNgIGsvk2SvatVZ
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2021, 00:42 »

@Thunderous: You need to provide original animation assets, not exported ones.
Thunderous

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2021, 01:56 »

@spiritovod: Here ya go. I extracted a few animations from the games pak files. I hope these are enough.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zPyxAxIDvZXPdJ_3ILNgIGsvk2SvatVZ?usp=sharing
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2021, 16:21 »

Actually, there is a problem, but it's quite different.

@Gildor: Latest umodel is exporting scaled bones in a wrong way to gltf. Viewer and psk/psa export results are identical and seems fine, but in gltf scaled bones are set incorrectly. Tested with 2.90 blender and official gltf plugin. Here is properly organized sample from the game (link), the problem part is left eye, as explained in previous posts.

@ShiftSike, @Thunderous: If you're using psk/psa export for re-import routine, your problem is most definitely related to export from blender or Unreal Editor and cooking settings. umodel is producing correct results for viewing and psk/psa exporting now, so I don't see what may be fixed even theoretically.
Or maybe you need seemingly incorrect parameters (like gltf results at the moment), so they would look correct in-game. But that's out of umodel's scope.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 16:49 by spiritovod » Logged
Pon Pon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2022, 20:51 »

I'd like to report an error that seems to be due to Umodel. When exporting the Coco mesh Characters\Player\CP3704_Coco, the right eye (her right), is not animating properly after making the mod.

This seems to be an issue for everyone, and you can see it appear on Coco mods: NexusMods.com

"Penelope Potoroo", "Alice Coco", "Mack Coco" are some mods where this issue can be seen. The upper eyelash of the right eye is not visible (likely located inside the head). The mesh looks perfectly fine in Uviewer and other software like Blender. Playing an animation (A_CP3704_A_CP3704_Death_Charred or A_CP3704_Buddy_Path_Dance), the blinking plays just fine. But then gets messed up in the game. -- Some of the mods, like "SJ2 Wumpa Squad Coco" or "NEW Warped Biker Coco Skin" does not feature this error, because the modder has mapped the eyelashes to the bone root-eye bone instead. While it looks fine, there will no longer be any blinking.

I don't know exactly what is wrong. A wild guess would be that it interprets something wrong, but assumes it's correct, so it plays fine in Uviewer, but it gets wrong when adding it back into the game. I can provide necessary files as requested.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 20:53 by Pon Pon » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2022, 02:31 »

@Pon Pon: This issue was already explained previously in this topic in details. I suppose it happens because umodel is applying scale to the bones - this way you can see and export visually correct version, at least to psk/psa, but in the same time you're modding already modified rig. So if you'll bake it back as-is with default UE4 engine settings, you get the issue, because game expects original non-scaled bone with particular scale settings or other adjustments. Basically, it's not an umodel issue.

I can only guess, but if you'll export rig to gltf and import it to blender, you get visually deformed version, but if it's baked back with default engine of the same version, you'll get proper version in-game? Just a guess though, since game engine may have other modifications, not covered upon export.
Pon Pon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2022, 12:37 »

@spiritovod: Thanks. I've read through it again, and do understand it better now.

The only request I guess would be to have a Crash 4 "compatibility" mode, that exports incorrectly, to compensate for this error.
lamwz

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2023, 14:34 »

Yep, they're shipping the whole game within the patches with default passcode. Download latest legit patch via orbis or anywhere, merge and unpack it (instruction here) and you're good to go.  
I can't find the key, can you tell me what the key is?
lamwz

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2023, 14:35 »

I can't find the key, anyone who knows please tell me what is the key?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: