March 28, 2024, 14:24
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Applying in-engine mesh edits on extracted and imported models  (Read 540 times)
mavverick

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2020, 20:48 »

Blender Version: 2.79a
Importer Tool: https://github.com/Befzz/blender3d_import_psk_psaBefzz's blender3d_import_psk_psa
Umodel Build: 1401 (1 October, 2020)
Game: Insurgency Sandstorm
Game Engine Version: 4.25

This game features a load of customization, and I am trying to figure out myself how to be able to extract my own custom character + their cosmetics. The thing is about this game, is that it utilizes a lot of in-engine edits to shrink and morph the meshes against each other just so that they don't clip from one another. I would like to know, if at all possible, how to apply these in-engine morphs onto my imported models in Blender. Let me show you one example.

This is what my character looks like in game.

This is the hat I have her wear.

This is what it looks like when I import it into Blender. I have the beanie itself selected to showcase the issue.

This is an issue with just about every single cosmetic in the game that I want to work with. Is there any way to apply the shrink of the hair model in Blender to be able to remove the major clipping issue?
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 08:22 »

If they are using morph targets to have the hair inside the beanie, then you will have to edit them manually until gildor adds morph target exporting to umodel (can only view inside uModel currently), for Blender Morph Targets will be Shape Keys.

Blender + Linux User Here.
mavverick

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 06:21 »

If they are using morph targets to have the hair inside the beanie, then you will have to edit them manually until gildor adds morph target exporting to umodel (can only view inside uModel currently), for Blender Morph Targets will be Shape Keys.

How could I view them in uModel? Does it record all the transformations applied to it so I could replicate it, or is it something I can just only look at?
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 12:41 »

Ctrl+[ or ] if i remember correctly (check from menu in umodel).

Blender + Linux User Here.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: