March 28, 2024, 23:59
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Terminator Resistance  (Read 1092 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2020, 22:15 »

Game: Terminator Resistance (steam page)
UE4 version: 4.25 (current version), 4.22+ (previous versions)

All works fine - including meshes, textures and animations - with the latest umodel build (1437 at the moment). Some materials are custom. Tested on latest game version from steam (on 09.06.2021, with build 1556).

P.S. All game versions were not encrypted so far, including current build. If you have problems, it's probably something else. For quickbms don't forget to use 4.25 UE4 script from here.

* Clipboard02.jpg (147.69 KB, 2554x1231 - viewed 604 times.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 17:51 by spiritovod » Logged
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 23:52 »

The games encrypted if you try to unpak the files. Would like to know what the AES key is.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 00:35 »

@Conformist: If I remember correctly, that "P.S." in the first post was created for you, because you've already asked the same thing in old topic. But situation still didn't change, because the game was not updated since then and first post is still valid. It's hard to provide something that doesn't exist - like aes key for non-encrypted archives.
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 06:17 »

Yeah was wondering what happened to the old thread, went to check up on it. At any case, not sure myself how its encrypted if it is not. Just wanted to unpak the files for modificaitons to the game, but asks for an AES oddly. So not sure, tried to grab it on my own with no luck.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 16:21 »

@Conformist: Considering that there is no UWP version of the game and it works fine with umodel, your problem is definitely due to outdated script for quickbms, hence the solution in PS. Vanilla UE4 script doesn't support 4.25 games and it will throw you key request even for non-encrypted stuff. And your problem with DBD was also because of this. 
I wonder why you're complaining about it here and not on zenhax, where all quickbms related questions should go.
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 22:37 »

Well my original question was if anyone knew what the AES was, but you educating me on the fact that the script for UE4 BMS may just be out of date throwing me a key request when no AES is present. That's why I asked here, also ZenHax usually just delete your thread if you ask for a key, thinking youre a leech or some. Had it happen, you either share AES key information or you don't, no skin off my back.
WeyYu91

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 18:32 »

Is anyone having problem opening meshes? I used to be able to view and rip Friday the 13th and Terminator Resistance models, and I'm using the game engine number they use, but they're not working anymore. It's still able to view and rip Predator Hunting Ground models, but I can no longer rip Friday the 13th and Terminator Resistance models, I keep getting error messages and it crashes, and the only explanation I can find is that the latest version of Umodel doesn't work like the previous version, and I already threw out the old version that worked for me. I even tracked down an old version of Umodel from when Friday the 13th came out, and I can rip Friday the 13th models with that version, but not the new one. Is anyone else having this problem, one second they work, and then they stop working with the latest version?

At least I can still rip Predator Hunting Grounds, because I need those models for a project, but I think I'm gonna keep the current version next time it updates in case this happens.

Sorry if I'm in the wrong topic, please forgive me, I don't fully know how message boards work, I don't use them often. I just wanna know why it's worked before and I'm not doing anything different and it's not working anymore.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 23:05 »

I'll just move my answer from different topic, since WeyYu91's post in the right place now:
"Latest Terminator Resistance steam version (with Infiltrator Mode update) works totally fine with latest umodel build. If you have any particular problems with your game(s), provide more info about the issue and also samples of problematic assets. For now it looks more like user error."
Without the full error message (umodel has "copy" button at the crash screen) and sample assets, on which your umodel crashes (they can be extracted via "save packages" option), along with details about used game version (platform, store, etc), it's nearly impossible to tell something specific. Errors like "bad allocation" are too common and are not related to any particular problem in most of the cases.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 23:09 »

I'll just move my answer from different topic, since WeyYu91's post in the right place now:
He didn't. I've moved his question to this topic, and removed all of other copies. I decided to not remove everything (as I usually do).
WeyYu91

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 00:58 »

"Latest Terminator Resistance steam version (with Infiltrator Mode update) works totally fine with latest umodel build. If you have any particular problems with your game(s), provide more info about the issue and also samples of problematic assets. For now it looks more like user error."
Without the full error message (umodel has "copy" button at the crash screen) and sample assets, on which your umodel crashes (they can be extracted via "save packages" option), along with details about used game version (platform, store, etc), it's nearly impossible to tell something specific. Errors like "bad allocation" are too common and are not related to any particular problem in most of the cases.

Give me a break, I avoid message boards for this reason because I don't know how they work and people give me a hard time, and its worth noting I'm autistic.

This is the error I got on Terminator Resistance:
Memory: bad allocation size -176180868 bytes
appMalloc: size=-176180868 (total=12 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty: -88090434 x 2 <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- FSkelMeshSection4::SerializeRenderItem <- TArray::Serialize: 0/15180 <- FStaticLODModel4::SerializeRenderItem <- TArray::Serialize: 2/4 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'SK_T800.SK_T800', pos=15205F, ver=518/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.25 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Meshes/Characters/T800/SK_T800.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1556

This is the message I got with Friday the 13th:
Memory: bad allocation size 1831605180 bytes
appMalloc: size=1831605180 (total=9 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty: 1831605180 x 1 <- FString<< <- FPackageFileSummary::Serialize4 <- FPackageFileSummary<<: Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage: /Game/Characters/Killers/Jason/J9/Mesh/Skeletal/LOD_0.uasset, ver=514/0, game=ue4.18 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage(info): /Game/Characters/Killers/Jason/J9/Mesh/Skeletal/LOD_0.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1556

I just know it worked back in December 2019, because I ripped a lot of Terminator models which I used to make a whole animated Terminator movie, and I know that the updated Umodel version I currently have on my old computer is from March 2021. It's not from changing to a new computer, because I tried the March 2021 Umodel on my old computer and I still got the error. And again, I tracked down an old version of Umodel before Terminator Resistance and it opened Friday the 13th models without an error.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2021, 01:39 »

@WeyYu91: This info is not enough, please read my post carefully. The mesh you've mentioned works fine in the latest umodel build (screenshot). Maybe you have outdated game version, which is using different UE4 version.
WeyYu91

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2021, 10:56 »

Yes, that appeared to be the issue, that the version of the game I have uses an older game engine number. I went back to Unreal Engine 4 numbers below the current 4.25 until it worked, which was 4.22. I didn't realize that the latest versions of the games changed game engine numbers. Note to self, if this happens again, just do the numbers below until I don't get an error. Sorry I bothered everyone, and thank you.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: