March 29, 2024, 15:01
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: .PSK level of detail really low compared to .glTF in Blender import.  (Read 1844 times)
catsserver

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2021, 16:13 »

When I use umodel to export a model and I use the ActorX settings then import that model into Blender the level of detail is very low and you can see big polygons:

When I use umodel to export a model and I use the glTF 2.0 settings then import that model into Blender the level of detail is very high and everything is smooth:

I would use the .glTF version but it breaks when I import .PSA animations:

Compared to importing .PSA animations on a .PSK model:

I'm new to Blender (and all modeling software) so I do not know what to do. My ideal solution is to have the .PSK model be as smooth as the .glTF model. I did try checking the "Export LODs" option when exporting and it gave me multiple files. But the best file was the one shown in the .PSK screenshot and the rest looked even worse.

If I am misunderstanding and this is a limitation of the .PSK format how do I get the .PSA animation to work properly on the .glTF model? Any solution would be massively appreciated as I can not find results when I Google.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 16:20 by catsserver » Logged
babyjason
L2tool User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 14:21 »

delete lods
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 18:18 »

I've found differences between PSK and glTF meshes only when loaded both images into Paint.NET and switched between them. It looks like your concern is mesh normals, which aren't saved into PSK, but the part of glTF format.

Regarding animations - I've tested with a sample Paragon mesh, and see no issues there. Probably the mesh you're trying to export has something special, or you're doing something wrong on import - I don't know. The best would be if you'd upload ORIGINAL (uasset) version of the mesh + skeleton + animation and post a link here, so I could test it myself.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 18:44 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 11:45 »

Fixed some issues with glTF animations. I've tested the (old) file with 4 glTF WebGL frameworks, and everything did work only with one of them. Now it works with all four.
These issues wasn't related to LODs, so it would be nice if you'll check if your issues were fixed or not.
BLMTuan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 19:58 »

I also have the same issue with the animation
I did use the newest ver of Umodel (32) and it seems I cant google anything about how to fix it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m2TBEoRJ95eKRwI8eHW3OF58J2JBIQqC/view?usp=sharing
this is uasset for model and animation
UE 4.18
Hope someone can check it out
Thank you
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 07:55 by Blenux » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 00:25 »

@BLMTuan: Please be more specific when explaining your possible issues. You can't apply psa animations to glTF meshes. If you want "smoothed" meshes (with normals) and animations, just open the mesh in the viewer, add required animations and export current view to glTF, animations will be available as separate tracks upon import to blender, for example.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 07:53 »

You can just select the mesh (of a psk) and right click and shade smooth.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: