March 29, 2024, 01:17
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: .UMap into Blender  (Read 5808 times)
John Spoop

Blender starter animator... yeah...

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2021, 14:45 »

Hey, me annoying you again...
So, I have seen that .umaps can be imported into Unreal Engine, but I am asking, if it can be imported into Blender?

Here is some more info of the thing:
Game: Little Nightmares 2
Path (I think it's this path): Game\Levels\Wilderness\PLVL_Wilderness.umap (or maybe)\Level Sequences\_SEQUENCES_

I am trying to export the levels to Blender so I wouldn't have to place every single piece of it...
Please help....
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 19:54 »

There is a Blender umap importer for Fortnite/valorant, not sure if it could be used for this game also.

Blender + Linux User Here.
John Spoop

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 20:02 »

Well, it wouldn't hurt at all to try, ty for telling me
John Spoop

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 20:55 »

There is a Blender umap importer for Fortnite/valorant, not sure if it could be used for this game also.

The plug-in doesn't work sadly...
FDArtZz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 18:48 »

Haay to import umap intro blender you have to use a Parse that can convert Umaps into Jsons. Fmodel also can do this. Umodel cant.

After this it would be the easy to have the full game exported and make a script that import any mesh from the json with the values (location,rotaion etc.) from the json.

This is sadly some work and every game works sadly a bit different. Also i dont know any way to port instance meshes that use instance actors.

Hope this helped you.
John Spoop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 14:16 »

Oh my, well, thanks for the info
vityaschel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2022, 01:37 »

hello to all folks coming there from google
my name is vitya im just a guy who wanted to export simple map from unreal engine for fun
i spent 20 working hours trying to figure out how to export map from unreal engine game and import it to blender, I visited hundreds of website and now I have a few more spam mails every day because I registered on every forum I visited in google
my conclusion is that it's currently impossible as there is no existing tool to do that
you can try overhyped and the only existing tool umapblender but 1) it's not supported maintained and the author is dead probably he even has no contacts 2) it only works with fortnite and no other umaps 3) i haven't sleept in a while so I can't come up with 3rd reason fuck u
with all that in mind, in my honest opinion, it's easier to recreate map yourself or write a json parser to parse FModel's output from umap files, if someone ever writes parser like this that ideally can parse assets and materials or at least can place simple geometrical figures without attaching mesh or will be able to contact the mister no support will be given but repo will stay unarchived, please contact me in telegram @vityaschel or write at my mail vityaschel@gmail.com there is a good change I will be alive next 50-70 years to catch your message
goodbye
MountainFlash

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2022, 22:39 »

try https://github.com/Amrsatrio/BlenderUmap2.git. you have to build it yourself. and the author is not dead.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: