March 29, 2024, 15:54
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: GLTF Export Issues  (Read 435 times)
anonymousOwl

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2021, 21:14 »

Hello!

I have been using this software for a while now and I absolutely love it. Keep up the great work Gildor, thank you!

We have recently used UE Viewer to export Skeletal Meshes and Static Meshes from an Unreal Engine 3 game called Gigantic. However, the GLTF's have numerous issues according to the Kronos GLTF 2.0 validator. We are curious if this is a result of UE Viewer's GLTF exporter or something with the models inside of the game.

Thanks!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 22:17 »

Hi,
These are not true issues, validator is piece of ... I did talk with its author, he's very refractory. When float 2.0 is printed by JavaScript as 2.000000001, he wants the same number to be stored in json text.
Actually this was mentioned somewhere else on this forum.
anonymousOwl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 22:38 »

Thank you for the fast reply! From what I gathered they did not appear to be real issues and I would have ignored them, however, when trying to import the GLTF exported by UE Viewer into Godot engine, it was causing the engine to crash.

I recently put the GLTF's into https://github.com/zeux/meshoptimizer this program and they pass the validator and do not crash Godot anymore.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 22:44 »

I did try loading glTF into 3 or 4 major JS frameworks. Fixed some issues not a long time ago (probably in February or March). All issues which I can see now are "array bounds in binary data doesn't match specified in glTF text" (I don't remember the message itself), or "data out of bounds" (when 2.000001 is larger than 2.0).
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 13:24 »

If you could provide me uasset files with meshes, then I'd be able to check if there's any "true" validator issue there, and fix the problem.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: