April 18, 2024, 15:48
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: MotoGP 21  (Read 1370 times)
adrmelandri

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2021, 02:16 »

MotoGP 21 by Milestone
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1447000/MotoGP21/

I've tried the latest version of the UE Viewer, with compatibility UE 4.27 or earlier, but still getting this "Serializing behind stopper" message, when I tried to export skeletal_mesh (Different code for different skeletal_mesh export, but same message)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 20:19 »

The game is built with 4.25. The situation is almost exactly the same as with Chivalry 2, some skeletal meshes works, some doesn't.

Here are results of brief analysis: in both games with some particular non-working meshes you're getting exactly the same "serializing behind stopper" error with A0008 data set. Also, you can get exactly the same error in some 4.26 games (like Project Morpheus) in umodel builds prior to 1504. Considering all this and that those games were created by different developers it's quite possible that Epic backported some changes from 4.26 to 4.25 without announcing it, so a few of recent 4.25 games became mid-version games even with stock engine. Though the reason may be different, it's just a guess.

Some samples: link
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 20:21 by spiritovod » Logged
adrmelandri

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 08:53 »

Thank you for the explanation.

Indeed some skeletal_meshes work, so far the skeletal_mesh that works is Ducati model, other than that, still got no luck. Based from your explanation I then try to change either the game detection with 4.25 or 4.26. I then try to open the skeletal meshes that I believe made with UE 4.25, and they always have the "serializing behind the stopper" message, but if I use the 4.26 I get the "Memory: bad allocation size" message instead. I hope it's fixable or can be solved with the newest UE Viewer
BIKER7202

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 22:32 »

Hello, sorry to bother you but I'm having an issue with umodel when trying to open meshes in the newly released MotoGP 21 game.

The game is made in Unreal Engine 4.25 and there's no problems when opening textures, skeletons, material instances, etc.
It's just the models, every time I open one I get this error:

"Memory: bad allocation size 1384278040 bytes
appMalloc: size=1384278040 (total=47 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty: 692139020 x 2 <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- FStaticLODModel4::SerializeRenderItem <- TArray::Serialize: 3/8 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'chassis102.chassis102', pos=7074C1, ver=518/0, game=ue4.25 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/assets/graphics/vehicles/bikes/cat001/chassis/chassis102/skeletal_meshes/chassis102.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- CUmodelApp::ProcessKey: key=6F, down=1 <- VisualizerLoop <- Main: umodel_build=1544"

There's one model in the game that doesn't throw this error and loads fine so I'm not sure why this errors occurs with every other one.

Is there anything that can be done to resolve the problem?

Thanks, BIKER7202
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 07:28 »

Did you even read the above comments?

Blender + Linux User Here.
adrmelandri

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 11:09 »

Did you even read the above comments?
BIKER7202's topic was actually moved by Gildor to this topic. So I doubt BIKER7202 realizes this.
BIKER7202

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 12:14 »

Yeah I didn’t see this topic so I made my own and it was moved here automatically, does make it look like I just replied though haha
adrmelandri

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2021, 03:16 »

Now it's a different message. But I was trying to access the pak files with 4.27, with 4.25 will have "serializing behind stopper" while with 4.26 will have "bad memory allocation size"
abbiyukd

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 08:54 »

I think I know whats the problem, the game uses 4.25 Plus which is a branch of 4.25 designed to be compatible with the next gen consoles which isn't available in the epic launcher. It was also BIKER7202 who told me that. And we able to replace the skeletal mesh with Source build UE 4.25-plus, so I believe that is causing the error. I hope Gildor can add 4.25 plus override in the next incoming updates
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2021, 16:43 »

I hope Gildor can add 4.25 plus override in the next incoming updates

I believe Gildor wont do in between versions or when only 1 game is effected by it....

Blender + Linux User Here.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2021, 16:46 »

Skeletal meshes and animations works fine with specific umodel build (from this topic) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version. It can be used with all games with this particular problem.

@Blenux: Please read my post above, this problem affects all 4.25 games, which are presumably build with modified branch of the engine. Currently there are 3 known games with such problems, including this one, Hood: Outlaws & Legends and Chivalry 2.

@abbiyukd: It sounds logical, considering my previous findings, but actually next-gen consoles are properly supported since release of stable 4.25 (base version). I took a quick look, apparently 4.25-plus branch is more about ray-tracing features and async optimizations. The only related to meshes commit look like this, but I failed to understand if it's even related to the issue. Despite it also has merges from 4.26 branch, umodel doesn't have related conditions, it serializes that part almost identically for 4.24-4.26.    

If anyone is curious, what the problem is - most meshes from those games suggest that LODInfo is bigger than actual LODModels data (for example 3-5 items for constant 1 LOD). While it may happen, due to specific StripFlags and bIsLODCookedOut, bInlined values upon serialization umodel is going into "if (!StripFlags.IsDataStrippedForServer() && !bIsLODCookedOut)" condition instead of skipping it along with Lod.RequiredBones for non-actual data - and crashes.
^ Not actual info. It's just a single additional bool/int variable at the end of SerializeStreamedData block.

* Clipboard03.jpg (122.5 KB, 2558x1234 - viewed 205 times.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 19:03 by spiritovod » Logged
adrmelandri

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2021, 08:48 »

Skeletal meshes and animations works fine with specific umodel build (from this topic) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version. It can be used with all games with this particular problem.

@Blenux: Please read my post above, this problem affects all 4.25 games, which are presumably build with modified branch of the engine. Currently there are 3 known games with such problems, including this one, Hood: Outlaws & Legends and Chivalry 2.

@abbiyukd: It sounds logical, considering my previous findings, but actually next-gen consoles are properly supported since release of stable 4.25 (base version). I took a quick look, apparently 4.25-plus branch is more about ray-tracing features and async optimizations. The only related to meshes commit look like this, but I failed to understand if it's even related to the issue. Despite it also has merges from 4.26 branch, umodel doesn't have related conditions, it serializes that part almost identically for 4.24-4.26.    

If anyone is curious, what the problem is - most meshes from those games suggest that LODInfo is bigger than actual LODModels data (for example 3-5 items for constant 1 LOD). While it may happen, due to specific StripFlags and bIsLODCookedOut, bInlined values upon serialization umodel is going into "if (!StripFlags.IsDataStrippedForServer() && !bIsLODCookedOut)" condition instead of skipping it along with Lod.RequiredBones for non-actual data - and crashes.

Thank you so much man! Helps a lot!
Kupretoz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 10:39 »

Is this mean that this game is supported by umodel? Because this game doesn't listed in compatibility table.
Sorry I don't understand english much
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: