March 29, 2024, 09:51
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect Legendary Edition  (Read 3170 times)
JoseCatspar

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2021, 18:05 »

That is correct, it's still unpacking.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2021, 18:07 »

Use ActorX (psk/psa) format for export. In glTF format, animation can't live alone without a mesh, so you can't export it this way.
UFAlien

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2021, 16:25 »

Hello! Thank you very much to Gildor for your work on the release, the tool and this forum.

I have what might qualify as a "dumb question," and please let me know if this is the wrong place to ask it, but my Googling abilities have failed me.

I've used UE Viewer to export some assets successfully, but I'm a bit lost in regards to using some of the texture files - a lot of them are clearly using different channels for different maps, and I haven't quite figured out all of them.

Looking at the textures for Saren, the normal map textures are obviously self explanatory, and I'm reasonably sure I've worked out that in the "Spwr_stack" textures, the Red channel is a roughness map, Green is a specular intensity map, Blue is used for tinting/effects, and the Alpha channel is an emission map.

The "Spec_stack" textures are a little bit more confusing to me. The red and blue channels are both obviously being used independently, but I can't quite work out what value or parameter each channel is supposed to represent. Similarly, the "Diff_stack" texture for his head features an Alpha channel I can't work out the purpose of, though the RGB channels are obviously just used for the base diffuse color.

I've gone ahead and put together his texture and material files as a sample here in case it's helpful for anyone:
https://mega.nz/file/Ha4zSShS#iGJPitK2qjvcbFwbgs7jXLkT5fa7jnsNIOTAEZtYGxM

If anyone could help me fill in the gaps in my understanding as to which channels do what, I'd be very grateful!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 16:37 by UFAlien » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2021, 16:40 »

Hello! Thank you very much to Gildor for your work on the release, the tool and this forum.
Thanks!

The game is using original textures and materials from "legacy" game, they were just upscaled with some commercial tool, or painted from scratch. I have no idea how channels are used there, I never took a look at materials in Mass Effect editor (I DID look, but only to understand why some materials has bugs). So, I have no idea about texture channel purpose. UModel has some logic for texture channel use, but it doesn't work for some models, and they could appear e.g. green.
Scottyus1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2021, 06:44 »

When extracting face maps they're just white.. any idea how to fix this?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 06:52 by Scottyus1 » Logged
_MaZ_TeR_

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2022, 03:48 »

Hey, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm getting this (or something similar) when extracting at least Jack or Miranda Lawson from ME2LE:

assertion failed: H.Tag == PACKAGE_FILE_TAG

FCompressedChunkHeader<<: pos=160BFE4 <- appReadCompressedChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeDataChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeData <- UTexture2D::LoadBulkTexture: File=Game/ME3/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/CharTextures5.tfc Mip=0 <- UTexture2D::GetTextureData: HMF_HED_PROJack_Scalp_Diff <- Upload2D: Texture2D'HMF_HED_PROJack_Scalp_Diff' <- UTexture2D::Bind <- GL_NormalmapShader <- UUnrealMaterial::SetMaterial: HMF_HED_PROJack_EARPIECE_MAT <- CUmodelApp::Draw3D: Obj=Material3'HMF_HED_PROJack_EARPIECE_MAT' <- CApplication::Display <- VisualizerLoop <- Main: umodel_build=1585
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2022, 13:50 »

May be broken download?
_MaZ_TeR_

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2022, 04:15 »

May be broken download?
I haven't touched the extractor in any way and I downloaded it from here:
https://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel
_MaZ_TeR_

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2022, 04:32 »

Okay so, ME2LE doesn't work, but ME3LE works. I don't get it
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2022, 04:37 »

May be broken download?
I haven't touched the extractor in any way and I downloaded it from here:
https://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel
I mean, broken game download. I suppose you've got it from Origin?

Okay so, ME2LE doesn't work, but ME3LE works. I don't get it
Actually, engines are different in all 3 games. But everything has been reported working. I've uninstalled the game just a week ago (not playing it, but it takes too much space on SSD), so can't test it myself.
_MaZ_TeR_

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2022, 05:36 »

Well, via EA Play and through that new beta EA App, but it's the same thing. It's not a pirated copy.
_MaZ_TeR_

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2022, 23:17 »

I just bought MELE on Steam and reinstalled the whole game and it's still giving me the same error with the ME1 and ME2 LE games, and only ME3 works. Out of ideas, is it because I'm running on a 64-bit machine?

The game runs just fine and verifying game files didn't give me anything.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 12:29 by _MaZ_TeR_ » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2022, 14:35 »

@_MaZ_TeR_: Could you tell exact name of the package where such error occurs? Or if there are many of them, name at least few.
_MaZ_TeR_

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2022, 12:42 »

@_MaZ_TeR_: Could you tell exact name of the package where such error occurs? Or if there are many of them, name at least few.
Seems to be happening with every single ME1 and 2 package, but for this instance, I'm trying to open up the ME2 Jack default model: Game/ME2/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/BioH_Convict_00.pcc

However, I noticed that it's trying to call assets from ME3 when I open up the ME2 Jack model.

Loading Texture2D Icon_Jack_Dead from package Game/ME2/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/BioH_Convict_00.pcc
StructProperty: unknown UTexture2D TFCFileGuidHiRes
UTexture2D Icon_Jack_Dead: dropping 4 bytes
Loading TextureCube3 CubeMap_ICE from package Game/ME3/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/Startup.pcc
Loading Texture2D Fire_Tile from package Game/ME3/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/Startup.pcc
UTexture2D Fire_Tile: dropping 4 bytes
Loading Texture2D Gradient_Wipe_Clamp from package Game/ME3/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/Startup.pcc
UTexture2D Gradient_Wipe_Clamp: dropping 4 bytes
Loading Texture2D fx_Fractal_04C from package Game/ME3/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/Startup.pcc
UTexture2D fx_Fractal_04C: dropping 4 bytes
Loading Texture2D Inky_Tile from package Game/ME3/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/Startup.pcc
UTexture2D Inky_Tile: dropping 4 bytes
Loading Texture2D Wave_Normal from package Game/ME3/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/Startup.pcc
UTexture2D Wave_Normal: dropping 4 bytes
Loading Texture2D AlphaGrad_BottomTight_Clamp from package Game/ME3/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/Startup.pcc
UTexture2D AlphaGrad_BottomTight_Clamp: dropping 4 bytes
Loading Texture2D fx_Fractal_07_B2 from package Game/ME3/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/Startup.pcc
UTexture2D fx_Fractal_07_B2: dropping 4 bytes
Loading Texture2D GBL_ARM_ALL_NormHQ from package Game/ME3/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/BIOG_Humanoid_MASTER_MTR_R.pcc
UTexture2D GBL_ARM_ALL_NormHQ: dropping 4 bytes
Loading Texture2D GBL_ARM_ALL_Black from package Game/ME3/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/BIOG_Humanoid_MASTER_MTR_R.pcc
UTexture2D GBL_ARM_ALL_Black: dropping 4 bytes
Loading Texture2D MUZZLE from package Game/ME3/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/Startup.pcc
*bunch of other text that doesn't fit here*
******** Game/ME2/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/BioH_Convict_00.pcc:  Material3'HMF_HED_PROJack_EARPIECE_MAT' ********
*** ERROR: assertion failed: H.Tag == PACKAGE_FILE_TAG

FCompressedChunkHeader<<: pos=160BFE4 <- appReadCompressedChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeDataChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeData <- UTexture2D::LoadBulkTexture: File=Game/ME3/BioGame/CookedPCConsole/CharTextures5.tfc Mip=0 <- UTexture2D::GetTextureData: HMF_HED_PROJack_Scalp_Diff <- Upload2D: Texture2D'HMF_HED_PROJack_Scalp_Diff' <- UTexture2D::Bind <- GL_NormalmapShader <- UUnrealMaterial::SetMaterial: HMF_HED_PROJack_EARPIECE_MAT <- CUmodelApp::Draw3D: Obj=Material3'HMF_HED_PROJack_EARPIECE_MAT' <- CApplication::Display <- VisualizerLoop <- Main: umodel_build=1587

By the way, I just deleted every game file last night and reinstalled everything from scratch and it's still giving me this error.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 12:45 by _MaZ_TeR_ » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2022, 13:13 »

You should point UModel to Game/ME1, Game/ME2 or Game/ME3, but not to parent. In your case, umodel see ALL 3 GAMES, and it is set up for one of them, what causes other packages to fail.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: