March 29, 2024, 16:18
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [TUTORIAL] How to "Uncook" assets (with some limitations for the moment)  (Read 12377 times)
Almie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 09:33 »

So I finally got around to trying it and I was able to compile the custom build successfully! Specifically I'm trying to import content from Spellbreak and as far as I've been able to tell it runs on 4.22, which is the version I compiled. However, I ran into some issues when trying to import some assets. I get this error when trying to open most assets or even place them into a level:

And then Unreal crashes. The only thing consistently working is inspecting textures which is not very useful. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could try? I'm a bit lost here.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2021, 09:37 »

You won't be able to load cooked resource if its format has been changed by game's developers. You'll need to reproduce their changes in UE4 source code.
mage200

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2021, 02:15 »

i need to understand something if you dont mind to answer me ok?
normally cooked packaged cannot import to the engine right that mean you wont see any
assets in the editor what i did before what i did by your tutorial give me in empty result
so maybe you get a totall modification ue4 editor i dont know but normally the engine wont accept.
no mattar what you wont be avilable to get assets access. sorry to disappointed you
the only way you can work with ue4 assets is by gildor tool the UModel or the quickbms
that the only way, be welcome back to the reality
Dreadfred
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2021, 04:24 »

Hello mage200, It works for me with old 4.22 BnS and V4 Paks. UModel is still needed to find/save .uassets and export textures/sound. Only works with UE4.22 and UE4.23 though  Sad

« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 21:44 by Dreadfred » Logged
mage200

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2021, 16:10 »

too bad i really hope its can work for a game based ue 4.17
its have something i really wanted Sad
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2021, 17:04 »

UE4 has built-in possibility to use cooked content in editor. Here's the official documentation:
https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.27/en-US/WorkingWithContent/CookedContent/

And it really appeared in UE4.22, I've checked the source code history for finding that.
mage200

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2022, 01:45 »

someone can confirm as i know bns now using 4.25
and they changed the client structure or something well its a thing been told
in the bns community but now after i change the vanilla engine code as the tutorial
and i try to put bns uassets and uexp from umodel after
but the engine not detect them but as i try other game for example saofb that using 4.17
he said a serial issue , i did try the V4 and its working the question is why bns not working
Dreadfred
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2022, 23:15 »

Hello mage200 what client are you trying this with? I used the 4.22 client from the Blade & Soul Complete thread in Asian games section The Link still works that Kiritomo shared.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 00:17 by Dreadfred » Logged
mage200

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2022, 02:23 »

i used the latest na client but i will try this client now , thanks a lot buddy Wink
mage200

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2022, 05:08 »

hey dear @Dreadfred

i did try and its working but from some reason its not haveing a material
in the first skeleton opening its fine but if i open another one you can see what error its bring
http://i.epvpimg.com/hkhwgab.jpg
Dreadfred
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2022, 07:19 »

You can only uncook Skeletal mesh, animations and physics assets (physics assets duplicates with the uncooker same as duplicating with right click) Anything other than simple material wil crash editor.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 00:16 by Dreadfred » Logged
mage200

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2022, 08:02 »

as for now i just open them in the editor and they crash i didnt yet uncook anything Smiley
mage200

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2022, 08:22 »

well its not kind of what i want to do its a bit diffrent
if you will scroll to the bottom you can see what i mean
https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.27/en-US/WorkingWithContent/CookedContent/

decook it not possbile this right but what i want to do is simply open the editor as a raw
what you see umodel cannot do it i can open the
Textures
Materials
Static Meshes
Sound waves
Skeleton & Animations Both Working
but didn't test the rest i know what you speak belive me but i belive i didnet explain myself very well
so hope you understand
Dreadfred
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2022, 00:11 »

Characters are linked to a character blueprint, the materials might be linked to a blueprint the animation bp will be inked to character blueprint, download any paragon character from epic and open in reference viewer in editor to see for yourself. The page you linked to is not intended for modders to open extracted content from shipped games in editor its for developers to use with own ip. short version- you cant do what you want to do.
mage200

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2022, 00:40 »

well thanks a lot appriciate your answer Smiley
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: