March 28, 2024, 17:19
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Guilty Gear Strive  (Read 6768 times)
gigabuster92

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2021, 11:39 »

Guilty Gear Strive has arrived on Steam
Hope that someone will find AES key and UE4 version that the game utilizes soon
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 09:50 by Gildor » Logged
ByWood

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 14:35 »

ue4 4.25
aeskey:0x3D96F3E41ED4B90B6C96CA3B2393F8911A5F6A48FE71F54B495E8F1AFD94CD73
joeyq

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 18:54 »

ue4 4.25
aeskey:0x3D96F3E41ED4B90B6C96CA3B2393F8911A5F6A48FE71F54B495E8F1AFD94CD73
Thanks ByWood!
Skel: works
Tex: works
Anim: works (use "Open > Append (add to loaded set)" and add animations for corresponding models)
Stat: works
Sound: works

* anj_body.jpg (39.91 KB, 800x600 - viewed 1130 times.)
HumanDude

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 19:32 »

I found exporting the models this way causes the vertex points to just combine in a weird way on the materials. I dont know if thats just me or im using the wrong 3d application to work on this stuff.
MilkManEX

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 21:20 »

Animation export function isn't pulling bone scale data, so animations that modify proportions look wrong once you get them back in-game.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 21:47 »

@MilkManEX: It's a bit late, but umodel can export bone scales at least to psk/psa just fine, if I remember correctly. Maybe you mistook it for retargeted animation? In that case please read this topic for more info about how umodel handles it. If you case is different, provide some samples (you can extract mesh and skeleton as-is via "save packages" option in umodel), your steps and what do you expect from the result. Also, umodel doesn't have import functions, so there is possibility that error is not related to umodel, but to importing process, considering that many games are using custom formats for various assets and umodel parse only certain data from them.
MilkManEX

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2021, 02:44 »

@spiritvod,
Appreciate the response. Due to a variety of compatibility issues, to get usable animations out of Strive I have to attach them to a mesh and export them from umodel as a GLTF, then retarget them to the rig from a mesh exported as a PSK and converted to an FBX. As far as I can tell, the position and orientation of the animated bones is preserved in the GLTF export, but the scale data isn't. For example, this is what a certain mod looks like with no modifications made to the animation:

This is the same mod with an unedited animation that's been exported and cooked:

Subtle difference, but immediately visible if you go back and forth between them.
Scale data for his hands, upper arms, thighs, etc. are all the default values of the rig.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2021, 15:33 »

@MilkManEX: Check a few last pages of this topic and that one for better understanding of your problem. I can only guess (since you didn't provide any samples yet, and picture is not a sample), but you're probably using glTF + psk combination because of the reason, explained in the second topic, which is expected behavior and is not supposed to be used like that. While in the first topic you can see a proper sample of bone scales issue before it was fixed, at least for psk/psa.

The way to prove that an issue is related to bone scales: open a mesh in umodel, add an animation, disable translation mode with Ctrl+R (you can see current state at the left bottom corner) - if it looks more or less valid, export to glTF or psk/psa - then import result into 3ds max or blender and take a look - if some parts are deformed and it can be fixed by manually adjusting bone scales. If that the case, the issue is related to bone scales and it can be investigated further. All other cases, especially re-import stages, are different - it may be related to retargeting (current umodel behavior is explained in the second linked topic, and it's not a bug) or re-import scheme itself (which is obviously out of umodel scope).     
MilkManEX

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2021, 21:18 »

Samples (i've included the mesh and skeleton and a couple animations to append to it, let me know if you need more):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iSqkAU30AXFOSTvm92WUjeqoGCQNBgBw?usp=sharing

The animation appears in umodel as it appears in Blender, which is technically deformed compared to its default appearance in-game. I can manually adjust the bone scaling to roughly approximate the in-game appearance, but there are over a hundred bones and guessing how best to scale them has been more effort than the results have been worth.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 23:18 by MilkManEX » Logged
PhantomGuard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2023, 19:46 »

anyone know where Asuka's Story mode model
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: