March 29, 2024, 11:42
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Scarlet Nexus (PC)  (Read 6796 times)
temsame

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2021, 13:26 »

models are good but everyone wearing almost same cloth is kinda weird to me lol
BLMTuan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2021, 14:51 »

I dont really undersand all these data stuff
But when you save .files with "right click SAVE" it gives encrypted .uasset file not something ue4 would produce
Is there any way to make umodel save decrypted .uasset files?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2021, 15:09 »

@BLMTuan: It's not encrypted, just some data is moved from the header to other place. You can read more about this new format here. It's not possible to extract "usual" uasset from it.
BLMTuan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2021, 07:24 »

Undecided
Welp because somehow got this
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2021, 23:52 »

All the character models, some enviroment models and VO audio added <link removed>
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 00:17 by 09williamsad » Logged
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2021, 00:18 »

All the character models, some enviroment models and VO audio added <>

these are not samples -> piracy -> i'd remove the link from here

Ok, removed.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2021, 09:28 »

Actually, the whole "iOS/Android" and "Asian games" boards of this forum are flooded with links to "full clients" and "pak files". People doesn't bother much about legality of posting them here, and that my site may be under attack by lawyers. I'm just tired to clean it up all the time.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2021, 20:50 »

Most animations are now also supported with some limitations in latest specific build. You can't use search function for them, otherwise umodel will crash on unsupported blueprints - you should add them manually with "append" option. Usual animations are stored in AS_*_AL_* files, FC are for facial animations, but they should work as well (mostly). Also, animations rate is not correct, since it's artificially derived from frames count - this shouldn't be much of an issue, since you can change it in third-party tools.

Update: Small update applied with a fix for some animations and for better handling of animation rate.

What I wanted to say is that if this game was created with usual approach (without zen loader package and with usual properties instead of unversioned ones), it would be properly supported from the start in latest official umodel with a single line fix or even without it. This all is very time consuming even if you know what you're doing - which is not the case here, and amount of crappy workaround code is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 01:16 by spiritovod » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2021, 04:35 »

Please report any non-working AS_*_AL and FC animations (with latest specific build). Just don't include the whole error message, simply provide name and path for the asset (since some of them has generic names and similar asset may be present in different folders). Thanks in advance.

Update: "fix" version of both v5 and legacy builds added to base post. It should support all animations - and also in the updated version outline section removed from weapons as well.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 05:48 by spiritovod » Logged
Fauxtectual

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2021, 21:05 »

So, pulling the models through PSKs and porting them into Blender, I find they have no shape keys ( morphs ).  I only have experience pulling from Unity, and only one game that had shape keys assigned with no visible face bones.  I much prefer the shape keys, since I'm actually able to mess around with them better once I port again for MMD.

But as far as the ScarNex models go, the only way I can move their faces, it seems, is individually selecting each bone, and moving them, though they clearly have set expressions in the game that I can port as PSAs for Blender.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any advice to someone who has very mild experience with Blender to use the PSAs for shape keys, or if anyone knows how or would be able to port out vertex groups for shape keys/morphs, or something similar.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've literally only been messing around with pulling and rigging on my own for just over a week at most at this point.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2021, 01:26 »

@Fauxtectual: Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks like the game is using primitive facial animations [code vein intensifies] and there are no face morphs, because it's all done through animations themselves (including custom blueprint stuff). Take em8100 and np0400 with facial animations applied (FC) as examples. At least, I saw around the same in actual game.
Fauxtectual

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2021, 02:47 »

@spiritovod | Ah, I see.  I'm definitely not experienced in this kind of thing, haha.  Then I'll just try messing with the bone positions between the resting expression and the most dramatic end of the defaulted expressions, and try making a slider between the two points myself.  Thanks!
Fauxtectual

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2021, 09:01 »

I return with another potentially strange question. I can't figure out where to apply the CTL in Blender's shader, as I'm not entirely sure what it is?  COL is base color, AMB I've found connects to ambient color, NML is of course the normals, but CTL is a mystery to me.  Any insight would be awesome. \o/

A WIP of Kyoka chilling in Blender using one of Shiden's animations for the moment, haha.  Not too bad!

* Kyoka WIP.png (154.65 KB, 400x430 - viewed 322 times.)
floxay

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2021, 11:25 »

I can't figure out where to apply the CTL in Blender's shader, as I'm not entirely sure what it is?  COL is base color, AMB I've found connects to ambient color, NML is of course the normals, but CTL is a mystery to me.  Any insight would be awesome.

I no longer have the game downloaded so cannot check but iirc it was a 'Control Map', if you open the props.txt files for the materials you should see what each channel of that texture does.
Beta

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2021, 03:22 »

I'm pretty new to all this. Does anyone know how to get the character models working properly in blender? I got a script for importing them but on import the mesh just seems to be stretched all over the place and I don't have a clue how to fix it. I need the model converted into a working FBX basically.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: