March 28, 2024, 22:59
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Aliens: Fireteam Elite  (Read 1449 times)
venkman
Sponsor

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2021, 16:07 »

Hey there, Gildor!

I was hoping this might make some sense to you. I've just tried looking into the new ALIENS game and the skeletal meshes are throwing this error at me. Statics work fine on 4.25, as do pretty much all the human characters and weapons, but when I try to look at the Alien creatures themselves I get messages like these...

Memory: bad allocation size -2108240394 bytes
appMalloc: size=-2108240394 (total=107 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty: -1054120197 x 2 <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- FStaticLODModel4::SerializeRenderItem <- TArray::Serialize: 3/4 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'SK_Xeno_Brute.SK_Xeno_Brute', pos=1623D0, ver=518/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.25 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Characters/Critter/Xenos/Brute/Mesh/SK_Xeno_Brute.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- CUmodelApp::ProcessKey: key=6F, down=1 <- VisualizerLoop <- Main: umodel_build=1570

Serializing behind stopper (1140CE+A0008 > 19148B)
FPakFile::Serialize: file=/Game/Characters/Critter/Synths/Working_Joe/Mesh/SK_Synth_WorkingJoe_Var1.uexp <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- FStaticLODModel4::SerializeRenderItem <- TArray::Serialize: 2/4 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'SK_Synth_WorkingJoe_Var1.SK_Synth_WorkingJoe_Var1', pos=1160B1, ver=518/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.25 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Characters/Critter/Synths/Working_Joe/Mesh/SK_Synth_WorkingJoe_Var1.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- CUmodelApp::ProcessKey: key=6F, down=1 <- VisualizerLoop <- Main: umodel_build=1570

Thanks for reading, man!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 16:08 by venkman » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 16:40 »

Game: Aliens: Fireteam Elite (steam page)
UE4 version: 4.25
AES key: in the same place as usual (link)

Static meshes, most of skeletal meshes, textures and animations works fine with the latest umodel build (1570 at the moment). For non-working meshes use specific build from this topic (it should be compatible with all supported assets). Most materials are custom.

* Clipboard10.jpg (136.79 KB, 2552x1233 - viewed 276 times.)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 16:57 by spiritovod » Logged
venkman
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 16:48 »

Game: Aliens: Fireteam Elite (steam page)
UE4 version: 4.25

Static meshes, most of skeletal meshes, textures and animations works fine with the latest umodel build (1570 at the moment). For non-working meshes use specific build from this topic (it should be compatible with all supported assets). Most materials are custom.

You are a dead-set legend, Spiritovod! Thank you!
SporeAltair

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 12:01 »

I downloaded umodel for Hood.
But even he does not see the textures of static objects (BaseTexture files) and some meshes of static objects are broken.

Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 12:36 »

I downloaded umodel for Hood.
But even he does not see the textures of static objects (BaseTexture files) and some meshes of static objects are broken.

uModel can only shows basic material info, rest is custom and one needs to recreate manually (press M key for me Material Info).

Blender + Linux User Here.
guidkal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 11:59 »

Hi all,
i am currently trying to reverse the game's models, namely to bring them over to  UE4 editor and make them look like in the game. For that i extracted the meshes and textures with umodel which worked fine. Now i'm trying to recreate materials in UE4, using the extracted textures. If you look at the extracted texture maps you can see, that for many assets there is no diffuse or albedo texture but one texture map which is called "xyz_WGAD.png" and one which is called "xyz_Tint.png". The WGAD maps contain different textures in the red, green and blue channels, representing (i assume) maps like for roughness, metalness and so on. However there are two issues i have.
1. I can't really identify, which of the red green and blue channels represents which map like whcih one is for roughness, which one for ambeint occlusion and so on.
2. The extracted textures coming from umodel appear to be really low res, so the WGAD ones are 512x512 whcih seems really too small.
So i thought if anyone else was also looking at the textures yet and might be abled to give me a hint on this i'd really appreciate it. Also if anyone was able to extract larger texture versions i'd also appreciate a hint on that.
As an example i attached a WGAD map (T_Hub_door_Big_A_WGAD) and the extracted maps from the three channels.

Thanks for any help guys!

* T_Hub_Door_Big_A_WGAD.png (237.4 KB, 512x512 - viewed 78 times.)

* T_Hub_Door_Big_A_blue.png (76.91 KB, 512x512 - viewed 75 times.)

* T_Hub_Door_Big_A_green.png (82.2 KB, 512x512 - viewed 69 times.)

* T_Hub_Door_Big_A_red.png (73.44 KB, 512x512 - viewed 76 times.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 12:04 by guidkal » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 14:35 »

For what I could work out, a WGAD texture is,

W = Weathering
G = Grudge (Dirt etc)
A = Ambient Occlusion
D = Diffuse

however I could be wrong.

Blender + Linux User Here.