March 29, 2024, 11:23
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [Switch] No More Heroes 3  (Read 1855 times)
Demonslayerx8

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2021, 23:57 »

Uses Unreal 4.26.
Models are fine
Normal maps are fine
Other textures such as Diffuse, emission, masks, and PBR uses ASTC_6x6, which is still swizzled.
Animations works besides for a few, gotta extract packages first and then decompress with tool located here. Thanks to spiritovod for checking.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 10:56 by Gildor » Logged
bobdol2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 05:34 »

Uses Unreal 4.26.
Models are fine
Normal maps are fine
Other textures such as Diffuse, emission, masks, and PBR uses ASTC_6x6, which is still swizzled.
Animations crashes umodel.
Is there a work around to get the textures working?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 09:15 by Gildor » Logged
Demonslayerx8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 06:18 »

Uses Unreal 4.26.
Models are fine
Normal maps are fine
To my knowledge, not at all. I can't seem to find any other tool that can fix up the ASTC_6x6 swizzle.
bobdol2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 14:42 »

Uses Unreal 4.26.
Models are fine
Normal maps are fine
To my knowledge, not at all. I can't seem to find any other tool that can fix up the ASTC_6x6 swizzle.
Darn! Hopefully someone can make one soon.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2021, 19:11 »

The game is using ACL compression for animations. Added it to the list, akderebur's tool works fine with it, except some specific animations.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 21:23 by spiritovod » Logged
Demonslayerx8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2021, 21:09 »

The game is using ACL compression for animations. Added it to the list, akderebur's tool works fine it, except some specific animations.
Gotcha, will link it in main post.
animanXPS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 05:33 »

The simple story is that it's just 6px shift. I have manually fixed it when SAMURAI SHODOWN was only available on the switch version.
However, cannot get only the corner part. It would be nice if we could at least reverse the direction of the shift...
Then, the chances of getting the original image by combining the images that are shifted to the left and right will increase.

and it does not connect perfectly. I retouched some seams myself. Please refer to it until someone fully supports ASTC.

*Update
As you can see, even if you shift 6px, you cannot get the lower right corner. This is because it extends beyond the texture area as a result of the 6px shift.

* 6px.png (381.73 KB, 507x509 - viewed 174 times.)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 19:15 by animanXPS » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 22:54 »

I wonder why there is still no noesis script or any kind of third party tools for this combination (astc + nsw swizzle). Like, noesis has functions for both those things, also PVRTexTool supports all astc schemes out of the box and there are tools for nsw textures (obviously with untiling).

It's understandable why it's hard to implement this in umodel - I once tried to do something with it, but with current implementation  rounding seems slightly different even between different games (different compression parameters?) and somehow works with manual adjustments only for 128 and 256 textures, with some mips being broken anyway, while the rest is still corrupted (sample1, sample2, sample3).    
Ulti

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2021, 00:39 »

Has anyone figured this out yet?
Pox911

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 03:30 »

The simple story is that it's just 6px shift. I have manually fixed it when SAMURAI SHODOWN was only available on the switch version.

I tried doing some tweaks and this is what i ended up getting exported from umodel.

If the pink bits can be skipped somehow, it might be possible

edit: Got umodel to extract it in this way. Not sure how to make it auto cut off the pink but it's a proof of concept

edit2: Breaks on images 256 and smaller so far. Then again it is a hacky ass way of doing things
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 10:20 by Gildor » Logged
Ulti

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2021, 01:24 »

edit: Got umodel to extract it in this way. Not sure how to make it auto cut off the pink but it's a proof of concept

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how exactly are you getting the textures to export like this? Im not sure how 6px shift works, I'm just wanting the models, haha.
Demonslayerx8

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2021, 07:23 »

I tried doing some tweaks and this is what i ended up getting exported from umodel.

If the pink bits can be skipped somehow, it might be possible

edit2: Breaks on images 256 and smaller so far. Then again it is a hacky ass way of doing things
not a bad start at least.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 10:21 by Gildor » Logged
cabalex

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2021, 12:58 »

I've been working on fixing the 6px shift + <256x256 textures for a while now, and I think it's in a relatively good state.
What's happening with the <256x256 textures is that umodel seems to separate the bottom ~1/4th to a different part of the data, regardless of resolution. While it doesn't really matter for 512x512+, you start running into "wrap-around" issues where the bottom half of the strip of data loops over to the next vertical line. See below:

Each color is a 4096 byte strip of data (each column is always 24 px wide).

I've fixed that by moving some data around on texture load, so that it fits umodel's criteria:

You can try my build of umodel here: https://github.com/cabalex/UEViewer/releases/tag/nmh3-support - See how it goes.

I'm still having trouble with the black 2px border around the bottom right, but I'm not entirely sure how to fix that. It seems the 6px shift was what was filling in those pixels, but removing the shift also removes that data. I know it exists in the file, but I don't know what umodel is doing with it.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2021, 17:58 »

@cabalex: Thanks for the contribution, your approach looks interesting. But maybe it will be more efficient to fix untiling itself. Take a look how it can be partially fixed for <256 textures (including non-square ones, but only with sizes multiple of 128) in UntileCompressedNSWTexture function (excerpt from code). Also, here is test build for those changes (link).

Update: Cabalex didn't compile his latest experimental build, here is compiled version of it for tests (link), it produces different results for some textures, for example non-square BC7 ones.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 02:06 by spiritovod » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2022, 18:55 »

Animations for the game are now fully supported with specific build from here. There may be a few unsupported animations, it would be suggested to use ACL 1.3 build for them in the logs (available here).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 00:08 by spiritovod » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: