March 28, 2024, 12:33
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Kena: Bridge of Spirits  (Read 3584 times)
floxay

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2021, 02:10 »

hello, regarding the animations, is there any way to export them from the umodel?, it always crashes when exporting any psa, either with the umodel mod kena or the standard one, since the skeleton with the pskx is displaced from the mesh, thanks in advance.

Animations are using ACL compression and not supported directly in umodel, but they work fine with akderebur's tool - read this topic for more info.

you cant with umodel, use the tool spiritovod linked or FModel, here's a build which should be able to export anims from pretty much any ue4 game:
FModel_VTXNORMS_-_ANIM_FIX.zip
F6 to enable animation saving, double click an animation and then it outputs .psa files.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 02:17 by floxay » Logged
crypt

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2021, 02:16 »

hello, regarding the animations, is there any way to export them from the umodel?, it always crashes when exporting any psa, either with the umodel mod kena or the standard one, since the skeleton with the pskx is displaced from the mesh, thanks in advance.

Animations are using ACL compression and not supported directly in umodel, but they work fine with akderebur's tool - read this topic for more info.

..., you can also use FModel, here's a build which should be able to export anims from pretty much any ue4 game:
FModel_VTXNORMS_-_ANIM_FIX.zip
F6 to enable animation saving, double click an animation and then it outputs .psa files.

Yes, I understand more or less the acl theme of the animations, I will try the fmodel you mention, thank you very much.
Luminary3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2021, 14:02 »

Most of the materials aren't too bad but their eye and hair shader annoy me a bit. The eyes bug me the most because i have an idea of what they are doing but i dont know the full math behind it to do the UV shenanigans to change things like pupil dilation and junk. They are great models though.
How did you get the eyes to look like that?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 10:53 by Gildor » Logged
crypt

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2021, 21:59 »

Hello, the animations with fmodel were correctly converted to psa, but it is impossible to use them, since when exporting the mesh with its skeleton, it is completely deformed, as another colleague indicates, it will be a matter of making a more manual rig, thanks.

@spiritovod: when it comes to glTF the armature is misplaced under the mesh.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2021, 22:40 »

@crypt: This happens only when exporting morphs and you can simply re-use armature from base version of a model (which was already suggested above), while animations doesn't work only for Kena and probably few other models (the reason is explained here), the rest should work fine with akderebur's tool. He will release a fix for this later.
TheDudeWhoDoesTheThing

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2021, 13:07 »

Most of the materials aren't too bad but their eye and hair shader annoy me a bit. The eyes bug me the most because i have an idea of what they are doing but i dont know the full math behind it to do the UV shenanigans to change things like pupil dilation and junk. They are great models though.
How'd you do the eyes and hair? I recently just exported the models and struggling on how to get the materials right, think you could show the node setup?
Modphex

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2021, 14:05 »

How'd you do the eyes and hair? I recently just exported the models and struggling on how to get the materials right, think you could show the node setup?

Not sure, i want to know too, but i was thinking that maybe is because there are more than one UV. I don't remember how to setup that right now, but i remember i did once in Blender.
Modphex

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2021, 14:08 »

@Modphex: Considering the forum specifics, I doubt there is any point in asking it here, most likely you will not be answered anyway. Also, I was talking about configuration files, not about unlocker, it's a different thing with more permanent effect.

Got it. Thanks.
Modphex

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2021, 14:48 »

Here you can see as i mentioned before, seems to be several UVs, and the last one it shows the 2 different size for the pupil. Might be a way to morph gradually between both to have a nice animation of the pupil dilatation.
Pox911

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2021, 08:34 »

I mostly just did uv coord edits via the mapping node. Although editing the uv directly might be the easiest way to get the pupil size and stuff right if the math for it can't be figured out
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2022, 16:05 »

Support for this game is now incorporated in "materials" build (see first post for more info), along with support for exporting morphs (only to gltf at the moment). Previously there was separate build with morphs export, it's now deprecated. Also, with the current implementation there shouldn't be those weird issues with misplaced skeleton for morphed models, like mentioned above. Morphs export is available as an additional option in export window and as command-line parameter - it should also work for any other game too, where morphs are supported in general.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2022, 03:09 »

Animations for the game are now supported in specific build, read the first post for more info. Some animations may be incorrect though, it will be investigated later. Previous post is also applied, since all ACL builds are now based on "materials" build.

* Clipboard04.jpg (94.53 KB, 2550x1236 - viewed 183 times.)
Kanbara914

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2022, 21:01 »

It seems that the anniversary update patch changed the files structure a little bit,which makes loading models crash like this

Neither the "material" or "acl" umodel works for this.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2022, 04:31 »

They've just updated engine to 4.27 in anniversary update. Game specific override is not required anymore, you can simply choose proper engine version for anniversary update in any of respective builds. Still, I'll leave that override for compatibility with older game versions (for comparison or something). First post is updated with corresponding info.
Kanbara914

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2022, 09:44 »

They've just updated engine to 4.27 in anniversary update. Game specific override is not required anymore, you can simply choose proper engine version for anniversary update in any of respective builds. Still, I'll leave that override for compatibility with older game versions (for comparison or something). First post is updated with corresponding info.

Got it! Thanks for your reply!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: