March 29, 2024, 02:56
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Unreal Widget extart embeded image  (Read 113 times)
Vivi02

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2021, 10:23 »

Hello,
I've been using UE Viewer for quite a while now, but one thing always annoyed me.
I've been trying to extract the custom cursor of "Code Vein". I've already dug through the entire game, extracting models, textures, etc. I ended up not finding what I was looking for.

I then started looking around the internet to find out how custom cursors were made in unreal engine. It turns out according to this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3CQgsvz8Y, you would need to use a widget. This leads me to this post.

Could someone familiar with the internals of unreal tell me. Are the images inside widget objects embeded or just referenced. And if embeded would it be possible to add support for extraction in UE Viewer if not how would I go about extracting the image myself with an hex editor.

I've attached bellow a few screenshots to make it easier for all of you to understand what I'm looking for and why I ended up on trying to extract widgets.

PS: After writing this I found out that it is possible that unreal engine temporarily changes the windows cursor image when it comes doing this sort of stuff so I might try to just grab it from RAM. In the meantime I'll keep digging through the files I've extracted to see if I missed it. Only 76'450 files (263 GB) to go through... again. YAY !

* code-vein-cursor.png (51.06 KB, 1254x424 - viewed 69 times.)

* code-vein-widget-paths.png (85.54 KB, 856x828 - viewed 74 times.)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 10:32 by Vivi02 » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 17:20 »

It's located in Game/Slate/Cursors in uModel or CodeVein/Content/Slate/Cursors in FModel, however uModel can't see this (not sure why), however FModel can.

* Screenshot 2021-10-01 231726.png (34.34 KB, 923x491 - viewed 49 times.)

* Screenshot 2021-10-01 231757.png (32.65 KB, 765x515 - viewed 50 times.)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 17:23 by Blenux » Logged

Blender + Linux User Here.
Vivi02

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 17:36 »

Oh thanks for your reply,
After posting this message I continued investigating and found another way for me to get mouse cursor.
I plan to write a guide on how I did that and then link it here for any future poor soul trying to do the same thing as I did.
The main advantage of this overly complicated method is that it pretty much applies to any program ever and is not restricted to unreal engine.

Again thanks for the help I really appreciate it.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: