March 28, 2024, 14:17
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Build system fails (Windows sdk)  (Read 345 times)
Martinn

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2021, 20:53 »

The build system fails to find the windows sdk headers. Any help to get this working would be appreciated

visual studio version:
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019
Version 16.11.2

Windows SDK versions installed:

When I click F12 in the IDE it manges to find the correct header.

My goal was to merge in this to make a more recent version of the software compatible with rocket league packages:
https://github.com/AltimorTASDK/UModel/commit/3dae13f10afb0df0c95a4045c4d6251ce71e2129

Build Log:

Code:
>------ Build started: Project: umodel, Configuration:  ------
  Visual Studio Community 2019 toolset 142 (14.29.30133) [64 bit] found at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community" ...
  Generating makefile from UmodelTool/umodel.project ...
  ./libs/oodle/lib/Win64/oo2core_win64.lib doesn't exist
  jom ./obj/umodel-vc-win64.mak
  SDL2Loader.cpp
C:\Projects\UEViewer\libs\SDL2\SDL2Loader.cpp(1): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Windows.h': No such file or directory
  ExportMd5.cpp
C:\Projects\UEViewer\Core\Core.h(8): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
  ExportGLTF.cpp
C:\Projects\UEViewer\Core\Core.h(8): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
  GameDatabase.cpp
  ExportMaterial.cpp
  ExportSound.cpp
  Exporters.cpp
  ExportTexture.cpp
C:\Projects\UEViewer\libs\nvtt\nvcore\Debug.h(13): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
  jom: C:\Projects\UEViewer\./obj/umodel-vc-win64.mak [.\obj\libs-win64\SDL2Loader.obj] Error 2
  Export3D.cpp
  ExportPsk.cpp
  ExportThirdParty.cpp
  TypeInfo.cpp
  jom: C:\Projects\UEViewer\./obj/umodel-vc-win64.mak [.\obj\umodel-win64\Export3D.obj] Error 2
  jom: C:\Projects\UEViewer\./obj/umodel-vc-win64.mak [.\obj\umodel-win64\ExportPsk.obj] Error 2
  jom: C:\Projects\UEViewer\./obj/umodel-vc-win64.mak [.\obj\umodel-win64\TypeInfo.obj] Error 2
  jom: C:\Projects\UEViewer\./obj/umodel-vc-win64.mak [.\obj\umodel-win64\ExportThirdParty.obj] Error 2
  jom: C:\Projects\UEViewer\./obj/umodel-vc-win64.mak [.\obj\umodel-win64\ExportMd5.obj] Error 2
  jom: C:\Projects\UEViewer\./obj/umodel-vc-win64.mak [.\obj\umodel-win64\Exporters.obj] Error 2
  jom: C:\Projects\UEViewer\./obj/umodel-vc-win64.mak [.\obj\umodel-win64\ExportGLTF.obj] Error 2
  jom: C:\Projects\UEViewer\./obj/umodel-vc-win64.mak [.\obj\umodel-win64\ExportMaterial.obj] Error 2
  jom: C:\Projects\UEViewer\./obj/umodel-vc-win64.mak [.\obj\umodel-win64\ExportSound.obj] Error 2
  jom: C:\Projects\UEViewer\./obj/umodel-vc-win64.mak [.\obj\umodel-win64\ExportTexture.obj] Error 2
  jom: C:\Projects\UEViewer\./obj/umodel-vc-win64.mak [.\obj\umodel-win64\GameDatabase.obj] Error 2
  Build time: 0.4 sec

Build failed.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 22:08 »

BuildTools (vs32tools script) is looking for Windows 10 SDK at "Program Files/Windows Kits/10". It looks for highest SDK version which has "Include" subfolder. If SDK is not found, the error will be displayed.

This is how CURRENT version of UModel/build.sh and vc32tools works. The repository you're pointing at is 4 years old. I'd suggest trying to build current state of my repository just to find the place where the problem exists: VS installation, vc32tools, build.sh in old repository etc.
Martinn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 22:27 »

https://imgur.com/a/wWrAI5X

it should detect these folders just fine then?
Both sdk folders have a um folder which contains a windows.h

I did fork the current repo and tried to build that.
Once I had that working my plan was to start debugging why the current repo fails for the rocket league packages (after decrypting them), while that ancient repo still works.
Martinn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 22:51 »

Looking at the script. it seems to be picking the wdf folder. So that would be my issue

hacky solution as I don't really know bash at all
Code:
if [[ $d > $win10sdk_ver && $d != 'wdf' ]]; then
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 22:59 by Martinn » Logged
Martinn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 00:03 »

I made a pull request with the required changes
https://github.com/gildor2/UEViewer/pull/245
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 00:08 »

This PR contains a very strange and hacky solution for the game which is probably not supported by "vanilla" UModel for a long time.
Martinn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 00:43 »

Fair enough. The decryptor doesn't modify the header of the package at all, so the modified name is really the only way of detecting those that I can think of. If you don't want that hacky solution in your repo, I'll just have to maintain my fork.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: