Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: [UE4] Avatar Reckoning  (Read 711 times)
IcesX

View Profile
[UE4] Avatar Reckoning
« on: January 29, 2022, 00:03 »

Platform: Android
Textures: YES
models/animations :NO

UE Version:uncertain
AES Encryption: Not present

The game is compressed in png format, I use this script https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?p=175797#p175797 to decompress and get the game file.
APK:https://files3.apkvision.com/avatar-reckoning/avatar-reckoning-v1.0.1.582.b582.apks

I have tried all kinds of specially made umodels, none of them can open the model!

spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
Re: [UE4] Avatar Reckoning
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 05:22 »

Game: Avatar Reckoning (official site)
UE4 version: 4.27

I've added support for the game to specific build, but unlike other supported games you need to use 4.27 override. Make sure you've read that post carefully, because all games from this developer are using the same approach for assets.

Update: Specific build is updated with fixes for latest game version. Also it's now possible to export morph targets, like in other recent builds.

* Clipboard03.jpg (97.63 KB, 2537x1228 - viewed 291 times.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 20:39 by spiritovod » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 17:27 »

Does anybody have the files? I missed the beta and I wasn’t able to download the game Smiley
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 20:50 »

Specific build mentioned in base post is updated with fixes for latest game version. Note that almost all errors, except for "bad allocation" ones, are related to incomplete downloads and missing files, which is explained in the post with specific build.
Lolkid654

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2024, 14:23 »

Specific build mentioned in base post is updated with fixes for latest game version. Note that almost all errors, except for "bad allocation" ones, are related to incomplete downloads and missing files, which is explained in the post with specific build.

Any idea on how to fix these issues? At the end of the beta of 2023 they updated some stuff and now i get a "Seek" issue. The other issue from the "cannot read byte" is from the next beta in 2024 but sadly i couldn't download the rest of the data since it got cancelled and i wasn't able to download it. I extracted the APK to see if i could extract some new models but i get that error. I know without the rest of the data i can't do much but... i still wanted to try.

Files below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aAqTOj3_E1th7AOS-o6obSSRpeNqMMCz/view?usp=sharing (Causes byte error)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NYTeL4Bnn3Pjd8DN-wxjE_DHDZjCIBDy/view?usp=sharing (causes Seek error)

* Screenshot 2024-04-01 061751.png (25.35 KB, 532x364 - viewed 23 times.)

* image.png (21.61 KB, 532x232 - viewed 10 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2024, 22:41 »

@Lolkid654: The first error is caused by downgrade, which appeared after last update of the build for different game (Life Makeover). It should be fixed now in the updated build. The second error is caused by missing file(s), it's not an umodel issue. I can only suggest to perform full scan on extracted files in umodel and sort assets by type and size - for example, skeletal mesh with properly paired files can't be smaller than 10-20KB. It may help with selecting only complete assets, though there are obviously some exceptions.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 22:43 by spiritovod » Logged
Lolkid654

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2024, 14:58 »

I managed to extract some models as you said by scanning the files. The "seek" error got fixed however i did get another error now trying to get some animations.

Files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15HsoJvO6TNY9WoZ_UrpYQyzF_5FdYxvp/view?usp=sharing

* Screenshot 2024-04-02 065816.png (22.18 KB, 532x232 - viewed 8 times.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 15:02 by Lolkid654 » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2024, 16:53 »

@Lolkid654: I've checked latest beta version of the game and all other issues are related to missing files. Particular errors can be different - for example in this case an animation has linked reference animation for retargeting purposes, but since reference animation doesn't have all files, it crashes along with original animation. The only way to bypass such errors is to remove problem assets completely (see error message). Not sure it can be automated, but upon opening extracted assets there are warnings in cmd window about missing files for assets.
Lolkid654

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2024, 00:40 »

Got it, yhea cause i was extracting the previous beta (which i have the full data) and i got that one error about the stopper, like 10 different errors related to materials, something about a wrong name index, others about deletion of something and a few other stuff. They were mainly fixed by temporarily removing the materials folder when i got the error. So when i was extracting i just removed those and kept on extracting, then after i finished i placed them all back. If you ever want the full files to check them out let me know. I have literally every single bit of update/patch Avatar Reckoning got right up the last 30 minutes before the beta shut down on August 11, 2023.

* Screenshot 2024-04-02 163652.png (30.12 KB, 733x318 - viewed 13 times.)

* Screenshot 2024-04-02 163750.png (31.92 KB, 841x290 - viewed 7 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2024, 02:25 »

@Lolkid654: Aside from missing files, there is another possible issue mentioned in the post with specific build - it's merging order and improper combination of files for an asset (which is also not umodel's issue). From what I know, this game didn't have "complete download" feature or something similar, like in other games from this developer, which means any kind of already mentioned inconsistencies are possible, because even if you played the game, some files could be still not downloaded.

As for the game files, you can provide them if you want, I'm sure there are other people who would be interested in them too (since the game was discontinued before release). But there is nothing else can be done from umodel's side.
Jump to: