March 28, 2024, 21:21
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Gears of War 3 beta  (Read 32588 times)
Danny J

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 03:41 »

How did you extract those? What package are they in? Everytime I try to extract a package I only get some useless (for me anyway) static meshes.

I dont exact know what packages because i forget it but theyre from the packages

MP_Checkout
MP_COMMON_SF
MP_Trenches
GEARGAMECTL_SF
GEARGAMEKOTH_SF

still cant find the player weapon models

I tried extracting all of those and I don't get any files what-so-ever. Just that notify notepad file pops up. Not entirely sure what's up with that. I'm just using the command line -export -all [package name]. I've also tried just using -export and got the same result.
Ziegel

Anya

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 03:42 »

Use the GUI'd extension fritz made for umodel http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,330.0.html

I dont use the commandline ether the GUI works perfect for browsing but cannot mass export

For some that wanto know wich online chars we get already
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:47 by Underpantz » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 12:28 »

Gears of War 3 beta is now supported. Some screenshots are available on the facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.195705120473296.45682.176350295742112

There are a few issues:
  • most human animations has wrong head position - I will fix this later
  • additive animations are not working (these animations has "ADD_" prefix in their names)
  • GOW3 skin textures sometimes has UV scale, this could produce wrong picture (for example - emissive channel sometimes mapped incorrectly)
Danny J

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 21:07 »

Gears of War 3 beta is now supported. Some screenshots are available on the facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.195705120473296.45682.176350295742112

There are a few issues:
  • most human animations has wrong head position - I will fix this later
  • additive animations are not working (these animations has "ADD_" prefix in their names)
  • GOW3 skin textures sometimes has UV scale, this could produce wrong picture (for example - emissive channel sometimes mapped incorrectly)
Thank you so much for making the Gears 3 beta compatible! However for some reason when I extract the packages I don't get any skeletal meshes. Would it be possible to send me the download link Underpantz sent you? Just to see if it's because of my files or something. No idea why it's not extracting the skeletal meshes for me.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 21:19 »

Look at the screenshots, you can find package names in onscreen information.
Danny J

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 21:49 »

Look at the screenshots, you can find package names in onscreen information.

I did, but for example when I export the MPCH_COGAnya_SF.xxx package I only get Animset and Texture2D. With GearGame.xxx I get all but skeletal meshes.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 21:53 »

I suppose your command line has "-nomesh" option, isn't it?
Danny J

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 22:04 »

C:\Users\Danny\Desktop> umodel -export GearGame.xxx or -export -all is what I use to export. All I've ever done with umodel is what it said in the tutorial I watched when I first found out about umodel. Which is the command line it told me to use. I'm not sure if that's what you meant by that question, if it's not sorry.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 23:43 »

GearGame has skeletal meshes. But only if you're really using GOW3 Beta. I will explain: there was about 60Mb GOW3 distribution from the Bulletstorm DVD, this distribution has no skeletal meshes inside. Its purpose is to download the full game using Xbox Live connection. Downloaded content is about 500Mb of size and it has all necessary meshes.
Danny J

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 01:36 »

I'm aware of that. In fact I stated I used the update and extracted that in my original post. I'm just confused to why you're capable of getting skeletal meshes and it's not coming up for me. My folder with the extracted update comes to 503MB.
coopmaster

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 08:35 »

can someone please help me as i have the data0000 files but im lost i cant get the files that everyone has like the .xxx ones. please help
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 08:53 »

I'm aware of that. In fact I stated I used the update and extracted that in my original post. I'm just confused to why you're capable of getting skeletal meshes and it's not coming up for me. My folder with the extracted update comes to 503MB.
Please upload your GearGame somewhere ...
Danny J

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2011, 09:48 »

PM'd you the link.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 09:55 »

The file is correct. Probably umodel is crashed on something during export. Check the notify.log file.
Also you could try to start umodel in a viewer mode.
Danny J

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2011, 10:46 »

I got the GearGame to extract Smiley. It seems that since I had to copy the package to my desktop and then extract it there caused some error. So I moved the folder with all the packages on from my D:\ drive to my C:\ drive. Then extracted it from there and it worked fine. Not sure what that was about since I've copied files to my desktop and extracted them fine before in the past. Oh well, thanks for helping with that. I really appreciate it.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: