March 29, 2024, 19:14
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: The Quarry  (Read 3157 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2023, 16:57 »

@Fanat921: This mesh has 4 UV sets, according to screenshot. You can take a look, maybe eyes are mapped to different UV set (in umodel it's Ctrl+U and U for switching them). Also you can check linked materials (M in umodel), maybe eyes are not just simple diffuse textures.
Fanat921

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2023, 18:45 »

@spiritovod
Okay, I looked it up. (Ctrl + U)
Here is such a picture. But there's even more, you can just attach only one photo. What does this mean and how exactly to check the materials in UModel?

* Скриншот 10-02-2023 174114.png (129.98 KB, 1879x731 - viewed 108 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2023, 20:06 »

@Fanat921: You need to learn how UV channels works in general, I believe there are plenty tutorials on that in the net. Though I should note that psk import plugins for blender, which are not based on befzz's one, may produce questionable results for second and the rest of UV channels from psk exported via umodel - though if you're using 3ds max and actorX importer, it should be fine.
As for materials properties, they're available in the viewer by pressing "M" and clicking on respective material name, and also in separate txt files upon export (props and mat). But learning how materials works in general is also out of scope of this topic.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2023, 04:55 »

@Fanat921: I just took a look at the old game demo, it's combination of both UVs and materials. Eyes are mapped on second UV set for most models and also eyeShadow_mat is rendered on top of basic Eye material, that's why you can't see expected result. I've updated both builds with support for the game to exclude respective section from rendering in the viewer for better understanding (though everything will be exported in usual way). In third party software you can remove mesh section related to eyeShadow_mat and apply Eye material via second UV set to get expected result (aside from possible overlay effects from shadow material).

* Clipboard01.jpg (99.24 KB, 2544x1245 - viewed 67 times.)
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: