March 28, 2024, 22:15
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Citadel: Forged with Fire  (Read 281 times)
LegnaX

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2023, 17:05 »

Game version: UE 4.21.
Extractor: Use the specific build for viewing custom materials from this post.
Working: Static Meshes, Skeleton Meshes, Textures, Animations.
Not working: Nothing. Make sure you use the correct build (thanks to spiritovod)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 20:45 by LegnaX » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 17:35 »

@LegnaX: I'd advice to use either latest official umodel or build from this topic for old games, because acl builds are not backward compatible with old games in term of animations due to additional fields for engines 4.24 and below (which are currently hardcoded).
As for materials, umodel supports only basic layouts for them, while a lot of games are using customized materials, which should be re-created in third-party software according to properties, available upon export in separate files or in the viewer in materials mode (available by pressing "M").
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 17:54 by spiritovod » Logged
LegnaX

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 17:48 »

I was using the official UE Viewer version that can be obtained from this page, and it's the one I said that works (which is version 1589). However, the material viewer version I used was outdated and didn't show the textures properly. The new version (uploaded yesterday) does work, so that's a good addition.
I have updated my post to reflect this information. The build 1579 (the one you specified here (direct download link) does work for both showing the textures correctly and loading/exporting the textures. Thank you! Version 4.21 is still needed to select to browse the materials. Otherwise, the viewer will crash.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: