March 28, 2024, 21:32
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Unreal Warfare (Gears of War - Prototype)  (Read 269 times)
Pepsee

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2023, 18:04 »

Hello there, Gildor! I've managed to find a build of Gears of War from back when they were branded "Unreal Warfare". (UnrealEngine3v469)
The build can be ran completely fine with only a couple visual glitches, but I was mainly interested in browsing the assets used back then.
I tried opening one of the .UPK's with Umodel however I'm getting the following error:

Code:
UnPackage::SerializeFName: pos=00003DA1 <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeUnrealProps <- UObject::Serialize <- UTexture3::Serialize <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject: Texture2D'Ephyra.Ephyra_MarbleBlock10_Normal', pos=3DA1, ver=180/0, game=ue3 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: DemoGame/Content/Packages/Ephyra.upk <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1562

Here is the link to the Build (MEGA.NZ)
The location of the assets should be in:
UnrealEngine3v469\WarGame\Content\Packages
If you have any suggestions or ideas for which Package Compression or Game Override I should use please let me know. Thank you!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 18:48 »

I've implemented UE3 support based on Unreal Tournament game, with some support for older games like Gears of War (first one). Epic has cleaned up the source code at some point, removing support for even older engine versions, which were never released - so I think this is the case.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: