March 28, 2024, 12:46
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Help with SDL2.dll  (Read 896 times)
uni

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2023, 04:56 »

I apologize if this is the wrong way to ask my question, new to this kind of forum. I am trying to take a look at the dino files for Ark Survival Evolved. Each time I pull up a dinos file, I get an error that says "SDL2.dll was not found, terminating...." And under call stack the last one said "SDL.Init <- VisualizerLoop <- Main: umodel_build=1589"

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
RedBear

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 09:50 »

It looks like you are using an alternate build (like FModel) that doesn't include SDL2.dll file. Download the official build (https://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel) and take that file from it and put it in your build.
uni

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 20:05 »

The link you provided is where I downloaded the program. How do you take the file and add it to the build? Im super new at all this, and appreciate your help.
RedBear

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 04:27 »

The link you provided is where I downloaded the program. How do you take the file and add it to the build? Im super new at all this, and appreciate your help.
I don't understand, are you using the official build or the alternative?
If you are using the official one, you don't need to do anything, because all the necessary files are already bundled.
If you're using the alternative, you need to copy SDL2.dll file from the official build (from where the .exe file is) and paste it into your alternative build (where the .exe file is).
uni

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2023, 18:57 »

I am using the official build. I was saying the link you gave me was where I originally downloaded the program from.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2023, 06:15 »

@uni: Check if your antivirus / windows defender / smartscreen / browser are not blocking umodel with its libraries for some reason. Overwise unblock or whitelist them (if you're bothered with security, check this post for more info). I think it's the only possible reason for such behavior, if you have both SDL2.dll and SDL2_64.dll along with umodel executable.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: