March 28, 2024, 18:28
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Alice: Madness Returns  (Read 26029 times)
Bigchillghost

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2017, 10:24 »

Hair in the game is material and script. No meshes found

Weird...The screenshot recorded by ninja ripper shows that there's no hair mesh in the game, however I did find one when imported tons of .rip files into Max. Somebody can explain why...?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:12 by Bigchillgolst » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2017, 22:04 »

Probably face is a morph target.
Bigchillghost

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2017, 08:26 »

Probably face is a morph target.

You're right. I did an experiment to validate that by hitting the ripping button when the hair bounced and when it was stable. Here the result:

I found hair bones in AliceGame.u but didn't find any corresponding static meshes there. Wondered where they could be located.

John Spoop

Blender starter animator... yeah...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2021, 14:14 »

Hi, I have downloaded Alice Madness Returns but I can not find the right file to add in UModel path, could someone please help?
Kino

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2023, 17:44 »

Hello people!
I'd like to save some models from the 2012 PC game "Alice Madness Returns". However, I'm not familiar with modelling in general, and I don't really know how to convert the files I extracted from the game into something useable.
So the game is based on the Unreal Engine (3 I think), and i used Umodel to export a bunch of various assets from the game files, but i have no idea what to do next. I have .spk files that are (please correct me if i'm wrong) the model files, and i can open them in blender. I also have .png files that are obviously textures, and .txt, .mat and .props.txt files that are, I suppose, used to apply the textures on the models, but I don't know how to make all of those into a coherent whole that would allow the complete, textured model to be visualized.
I've checked a bit everywhere on somilar models and noticed that models, in similar circumstances, come with a .mtl file that does exactly that, ie containing all the information about how each textures is supposed to be applied. So, does anyone know how i can import or convert the original files (blender is the 3D editor i'm using so far) to make them usable?

The folders and files related to one specific model are organized as following :

- "Animset" folder, containing, i assume, informations about animation. I suppose i can skip those
- LightMapTexture2D, containing .pgn files
- "MaterialInstanceconstant" folder, containing .mat and .props.txt files. I don't know what those are
- "SkeletalMesh3" folder, containing .psk and .props.txt files. The .psk is the 3d model
- "Texture2D" folder, containing, you guessed it, the textures under .png form.

Could someone advice me on this, or redirect me to where i could find some answers? Feel of course absolutely free to ask me for more details.
Thanks in advance y'alls!

Kino
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: