March 29, 2024, 19:25
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: A noob.. Can't get it to run with cmd or far manager 2  (Read 3164 times)
VaeViktis

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2011, 17:46 »

I really have no idea what I am doing wrong, I searched the forums & did not find the solution.. I'll explain what I am doing & maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Ok..
1st I downloaded the win32 file, then I extracted the files within to "C:\UMOD\"   
2nd, Started "cmd" then tried opening umodel with "C:\UMOD\umodel.exe" But the only thing that happened was the screen flashed and went away just like it would if I were to click on it.
3rd, I tried running it from Far Manager 2 via "C:\UMOD\umodel.exe" but It just flashed & closed again.

I even tried Fritz' GUI & it would not let me select any file from the (Package Dir) directory. (i.e. "C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\The Last Remnant\RushGame\CookedPC\CHR")
It just stayed the same as it was before I selected the directory.

I am Using Win 7 (64x) if that makes any difference.
Sorry if I am missing something completely basic here.
I have always struggled with cmd a bit so there is probably some easy fix that I missed, but I just can not figure it out.

I am hoping to get this working because I would really love to get a hold of some animations from TLR & Hunted for my 3d work so I can get them mimicked with CAT in Max 2011.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx  Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 17:49 »

Check the 1st tutorial video
http://www.gildor.org/projects/umodel/tutorials
you'll see there how to start umodel from the command line.
VaeViktis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 18:16 »

Lol, thx Smiley I didn't realize I should of been running the folder & not the exe in cmd.. Sorry for noobing up your forums HaHa, and thanks for the quick reply. Working now Smiley
VaeViktis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 21:42 »

I got the umodel GUI working too now. After I started playing with umodel and its command lines a bit, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was going way too far in the directory.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: