March 29, 2024, 16:52
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: The Isle: Assertion failed  (Read 5285 times)
Phoenix

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2017, 17:43 »

Hi, so a while ago (back in april) I used to be able to extract models from a game called The Isle on steam. However, now it keeps giving me this error upon extraction and I have no clue what it means.  

assertion failed: Pos >= 0 && Pos < Info->UncompressedSize

FPakFile::Seek <- UnPackage::SetupReader <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'SK_Allosaurus.SK_Allosaurus', pos=1018, ver=510/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.15 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:SK_Allosaurus <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=624

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 19:42 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 01:07 »

Please try umodel.exe from this page:
https://github.com/gildor2/UModel/commits/master/umodel.exe
It has many versions, try "Commits on Oct 1, 2017".
If you're having troubles understanding how Github Web interface works, here's a direct link to THIS version:
https://github.com/gildor2/UModel/raw/97055ff8d9cee50e400853868bea90f8dcde3730/umodel.exe

Please let me know if this will work for you.
Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 04:41 »

Hello, thanks for the response. I'm still getting the same error however, so I tried overriding with a newer version of UE4, now I'm getting this error

Code:
Serializing behind stopper (1E9A+4 > 1E9A)
FPakFile::Serialize <- TArray::Serialize:0/4 <- TArray::Serialize:0/2 <- USkeleton::Serialize <- LoadObject:Skeleton'SKEL_Baryonyx_Adult.SKEL_Baryonyx_Adult', pos=2B88, ver=513/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.17 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:SK_Baryonyx <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=621

I'm not sure what's wrong since a few months ago I was able to extract the files perfectly. Did the game become unsupported after a certain update? Is that even possible?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 11:29 »

There are all UModel.exe versions in that list on Github. If you could get down and find a version which worked fine, this may help me to identify the problem (will greatly save my time).
Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 12:59 »

"Commits on Apr 9, 2017" is the umodel version that used to work for me. It was right when UE4 4.16 was added and I could extract the files just fine using 4.15.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 13:05 »

Understood. So, this is mid-air engine again.
Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 16:29 »

So um any news?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 16:35 »

What kind of news are you expecting here?
Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 16:38 »

I'm still unable to extract the files, but nevermind. The game probably became unsupported.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 16:46 »

I believe you found the UModel version which still supports this game, isn't it?
Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 17:08 »

Ah then it's a misunderstood. I found the Umodel version that used to work with the game, but it suddenly stopped letting me extract files for some reason. Probably after a certain update that made it unsupported.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 19:40 »

Sorry, I didn't understand. Old UModel worked with The Isle. After some update (when I've supported release version of the game engine) UModel stopped working. 2 weeks ago you found the UModel version which still worked with the game. What's now? Did you occasionally lost the UModel which worked (I believe NOT) or the game got an update breaking compatibility with OLD UModel?
Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 03:58 »

The game got an update breaking compatibility with the old Umodel as well. No version works now.

Whenever I try to extract using UE 4.16+ I get this error:

Serializing behind stopper (2082+4 > 2082)
FPakFile::Serialize <- TArray::Serialize:0/4 <- TArray::Serialize:0/2 <- USkeleton::Serialize <- LoadObject:Skeleton'RexSubadult_Skeleton.RexSubadult_Skeleton', pos=2DB2, ver=514/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.18 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:SK_Albertosaurus <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=634

And when I try to extract using UE 4.15 (which used to work before) I get this:

FPakFile::Seek <- UnPackage::SetupReader <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'SK_Albertosaurus.SK_Albertosaurus', pos=1031, ver=510/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.15 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:SK_Albertosaurus <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=634
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:08 by Phoenix » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 08:30 »

This means that the game gets updates to the engine, so making any special changes to umodel for it could be broken in the future.
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 01:30 »

Just checking if anyone has had any luck in extracting the models recently. I can view the texture and static assets but not able to view any skeletal meshes.

******** Loading object Skeleton'SKEL_Acro_Adult.SKEL_Acro_Adult' ********

ERROR: Serializing behind stopper (2B88+4 > 2B88)
FPakFile::Serialize <- TArray::Serialize:0/4 <- TArray::Serialize:0/2 <- USkeleton::Serialize <- LoadObject:Skeleton'SKEL_Acro_Adult.SKEL_Acro_Adult', pos=393D, ver=513/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.16 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- CUmodelApp::ProcessKey:key=6F, down=1 <- VisualizerLoop <- Main:umodel_version=622

The game got an update breaking compatibility with the old Umodel as well. No version works now.

Whenever I try to extract using UE 4.16+ I get this error:

Serializing behind stopper (2082+4 > 2082)
FPakFile::Serialize <- TArray::Serialize:0/4 <- TArray::Serialize:0/2 <- USkeleton::Serialize <- LoadObject:Skeleton'RexSubadult_Skeleton.RexSubadult_Skeleton', pos=2DB2, ver=514/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.18 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:SK_Albertosaurus <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=634

And when I try to extract using UE 4.15 (which used to work before) I get this:

FPakFile::Seek <- UnPackage::SetupReader <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'SK_Albertosaurus.SK_Albertosaurus', pos=1031, ver=510/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.15 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:SK_Albertosaurus <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=634
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: