March 28, 2024, 14:46
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: FBX exporter Smoothing Groups problem  (Read 32524 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 15:21 »

It's by design. FBX cannot hold multiple animations (that's why PSA format is still alive). By the way if you need to convert PSA into single FBX (when all tracks are concatenated into a single one) it's quite easy to modify batch converter to do so. One of purposes of this batch converter is to be an example of Max scripting using functions provided by ActorX Importer.
SABREWULF
L2tool User

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 20:43 »

What i need is all animations in single file WITH the bind pose.  I tryed to do that by fbx coz i was thinking that mayby if its a bug of actor x plugin that after read animations bind pose disapears  but  then it was  even worse coz it split all animations and i cant conect them  to one file again. Can u tell me whats wrong with the Actor x    why he distroys bilnd pose of every model after al load animations?
Is  there any way  to fix it?

Also thats not true that fbx cant handle multiple animations.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 20:53 »

Bind pose is stored in the mesh. Animation have no bind pose. There is no bug in my script.
Also thats not true that fbx cant handle multiple animations.
It's welcome to share information if you're know anything more than me. All I know is that FBX could store all tracks as a single track without holding information about separate track names, frames, and rates.
SABREWULF
L2tool User

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 20:16 »

Yes  ur right  now  about fbx   and  about bind pose  i need  it  badly with the animations   is the any way i can  have it with  animations?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 20:30 »

It is quite easy to modify importer or batch converter script to handle your situation. By the way I will not do this in the script because your requirements are very personal and useless for most of other people.
SABREWULF
L2tool User

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 12:17 »

Cry
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: