March 28, 2024, 18:12
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Skipping animation files during export  (Read 16237 times)
slurpy_commando

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2012, 12:53 »

I've been trying to extract the "HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeLeft" from the MP Quarian engineer pcc file, but I keep getting an error saying unsupported type AnimSequence. Are there certain kinds of animations that umodel won't export, or is the animation only referenced in that package, but exists some place else?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 12:54 »

It looks like you're using "-noanim" option.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 12:56 »

Or probably you've specified AnimSequence name in the command line - you should not do that, you should specify AnimSet name instead (AnimSequence is nothing without AnimSet).
slurpy_commando

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 13:04 »

Here's what I used:

umodel.exe -export -all Quarian_Engineer_MP.pcc
and I also tried

umodel.exe -export -all -3rdparty Quarian_Engineer_MP.pcc

Then it gives me this in the log:

Forced export (Quarian_Engineer_MP): AnimSequence'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeLeft'
Loading AnimSequence HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeLeft from package Quarian_Engineer_MP.pcc
Forced export (Quarian_Engineer_MP): BioAnimSetData'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_BioAnimSetData'

However, once I check the folder that the files are exported to, it's not there, as with other animations as well.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 13:24 »

AnimSequence objects are always embedded into one of the AnimSets.
slurpy_commando

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 13:48 »

Ah, so it's animset "HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade" must be located somewhere else then. The only animsets that are extracted are: HMM_BC_Melee_Engineer, HMM_CB_PistolAuto_AlternateFast, HMM_CB_PistolMelee, HMM_CB_RifleAuto_FastAlternate, HMM_DG_Flinches, WPN_ASL_Main, and WPN_PST_Main.

Back to the hay stack.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 13:54 »

If you're having problems finding the AnimSet holding particular sequence you could use the following command:
Code:
umodel -dump -nomesh -notex -nostat <package_name>
this would load all animations from the package and dump its information to the log. You should watch the log and find the name of your sequence there, after that you'll find an AnimSet without problems.
slurpy_commando

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 14:23 »

OK, so after sorting through the dump I find this: m_pBioAnimSetData = BioAnimSetData'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_BioAnimSetData'

So the file I'm looking for is "HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade.psa", and it's not in quarian_engineer_mp.pcc. There's wouldn't be a way to find out which package it's located in without going through each one at a time, would there?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 14:30 »

It's too abstract conversation ... Post your pcc file for me, I'll take a look.
slurpy_commando

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 14:50 »

http://www.mediafire.com/?jwdqupg960o455g

Hey thanks. Here's the pcc file.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 15:08 »

It appears like "HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeLeft" AnimSequence object is not referenced in any AnimSet object from this package. According to the naming scheme, AnimSet should have name "HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade". Sorry, I have no idea where to look for it. As for presence of the unlinked AnimSequence, it looks like a bug in UE3.
I can suggest you to use batch exporter to export everything from the game (it is slow and would require a lot of disk space), and then look at the BIOG_HMM_CB_A directory, probably it would contain HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade.psa file.
slurpy_commando

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 15:13 »

Ah ok. I'll have to give that a try then. Thanks for the very speedy replies.
slurpy_commando

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 05:01 »

Alright, so I've used the batch file to export all of the data files, however, the particular psa that I'm looking for still hasn't shown up, or at least not in the biog_hmm_CB_A folder, and not when doing a file search in the directory where I exported all the data files. I checked the log and here's where it shows up:

Forced export (Quarian_Engineer_MP): AnimSequence'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeLeft'
Loading AnimSequence HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeLeft from package Quarian_Engineer_MP.pcc
Forced export (Quarian_Engineer_MP): BioAnimSetData'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_BioAnimSetData'
Loading BioAnimSetData HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_BioAnimSetData from package Quarian_Engineer_MP.pcc
Forced export (Quarian_Engineer_MP): AnimSequence'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeRight'
Loading AnimSequence HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeRight from package Quarian_Engineer_MP.pcc

Forced export (Quarian_Infiltrator_MP): AnimSequence'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeLeft'
Loading AnimSequence HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeLeft from package Quarian_Infiltrator_MP.pcc
Forced export (Quarian_Infiltrator_MP): BioAnimSetData'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_BioAnimSetData'
Loading BioAnimSetData HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_BioAnimSetData from package Quarian_Infiltrator_MP.pcc
Forced export (Quarian_Infiltrator_MP): AnimSequence'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeRight'
Loading AnimSequence HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeRight from package Quarian_Infiltrator_MP.pcc

Forced export (Salarian_Infiltrator_MP): AnimSequence'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeLeft'
Loading AnimSequence HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeLeft from package Salarian_Infiltrator_MP.pcc
Forced export (Salarian_Infiltrator_MP): BioAnimSetData'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_BioAnimSetData'
Loading BioAnimSetData HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_BioAnimSetData from package Salarian_Infiltrator_MP.pcc
Forced export (Salarian_Infiltrator_MP): AnimSequence'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeRight'
Loading AnimSequence HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeRight from package Salarian_Infiltrator_MP.pcc

Forced export (Salar_Engineer_MP): AnimSequence'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeLeft'
Loading AnimSequence HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeLeft from package Salar_Engineer_MP.pcc
Forced export (Salar_Engineer_MP): BioAnimSetData'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_BioAnimSetData'
Loading BioAnimSetData HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_BioAnimSetData from package Salar_Engineer_MP.pcc
Forced export (Salar_Engineer_MP): AnimSequence'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeRight'
Loading AnimSequence HMM_CB_SalQuar_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeRight from package Salar_Engineer_MP.pcc

However, then I get this:

Loaded in 0.4 sec, 22656 allocs, 8.09 MBytes serialized in 1899 calls.
Exporting objects ...
Exporting AnimSet HMM_CB_PistolAuto_AlternateFast to C:\Users\****\Documents\umodel/BIOG_HMM_CB_A
Exporting AnimSet HMM_CB_PistolMelee to C:\Users\****\Documents\umodel/BIOG_HMM_CB_A
Exporting AnimSet HMM_CB_SniperAuto_AlternateSlow to C:\Users\****\Documents\umodel/BIOG_HMM_CB_A
Exporting AnimSet HMM_DG_Flinches to C:\Users\****\Documents\umodel/BIOG_HMM_DG_A
Exporting AnimSet WPN_PSTc_Main to C:\Users\****\Documents\umodel/biog_wpn_a
Exporting AnimSet WPN_SNP_Main to C:\Users\****\Documents\umodel/biog_wpn_a

It's being skipped again. Just for comparison, here's a file that does get exported: HMM_CB_Drell_RifleEvade.psa

Here's where it shows up:
Forced export (Drell_Adept_MP): AnimSequence'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_Drell_RifleEvade_CB_DrellKick'
Loading AnimSequence HMM_CB_Drell_RifleEvade_CB_DrellKick from package Drell_Adept_MP.pcc
Forced export (Drell_Adept_MP): BioAnimSetData'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_Drell_RifleEvade_BioAnimSetData'
Loading BioAnimSetData HMM_CB_Drell_RifleEvade_BioAnimSetData from package Drell_Adept_MP.pcc
Forced export (Drell_Adept_MP): AnimSequence'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_Drell_RifleEvade_CB_DrellMelee'
Loading AnimSequence HMM_CB_Drell_RifleEvade_CB_DrellMelee from package Drell_Adept_MP.pcc
Forced export (Drell_Adept_MP): AnimSequence'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_Drell_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeBack'
Loading AnimSequence HMM_CB_Drell_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeBack from package Drell_Adept_MP.pcc
Forced export (Drell_Adept_MP): AnimSequence'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_Drell_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeLeft'
Loading AnimSequence HMM_CB_Drell_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeLeft from package Drell_Adept_MP.pcc
Forced export (Drell_Adept_MP): AnimSequence'BIOG_HMM_CB_A.HMM_CB_Drell_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeRight'
Loading AnimSequence HMM_CB_Drell_RifleEvade_CB_EvadeRight from package Drell_Adept_MP.pcc

Then it's shown being written to the disk:
Loaded in 0.41 sec, 26329 allocs, 8.77 MBytes serialized in 1983 calls.
Exporting objects ...
Exporting AnimSet HMM_BC_MeleeVanguard to C:\Users\****\Documents\umodel/BIOG_HMM_BC_A
Exporting AnimSet HMM_CB_Drell_PistolEvade to C:\Users\****\Documents\umodel/BIOG_HMM_CB_A
Exporting AnimSet HMM_CB_Drell_RifleEvade to C:\Users\****\Documents\umodel/BIOG_HMM_CB_A
Exporting AnimSet HMM_CB_PistolAuto_AlternateFast to C:\Users\****\Documents\umodel/BIOG_HMM_CB_A
Exporting AnimSet HMM_CB_RifleAuto_FastAlternate to C:\Users\****\Documents\umodel/BIOG_HMM_CB_A
Exporting AnimSet HMM_DG_Flinches to C:\Users\****\Documents\umodel/BIOG_HMM_DG_A
Exporting AnimSet WPN_ASL_Main to C:\Users\****\Documents\umodel/biog_wpn_a
Exporting AnimSet WPN_PST_Main to C:\Users\****\Documents\umodel/biog_wpn_a

So I dunno. Maybe bioware is using space magic for more than just their endings.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2012, 08:11 »

I've looked at the Mass Effect 3 with more attention. Probably its game engine has capabilities to use AnimSequence without AnimSet ... Can't be sure.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 13:46 »

I've added support for generating AnimSet object from the BioAnimSetData. Try it.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: