March 28, 2024, 17:42
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Exporting models from Bioshock Infinite  (Read 85180 times)
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2013, 21:26 »

If I install the x86 version, do I have to install the x86 Slim whatever too?
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2013, 21:29 »

If I install the x86 version, do I have to install the x86 Slim whatever too?

If you want to view 3d models then yes (I have both installed plus SDK). But if your only looking to test the audio side of things then no. I am planning on doing a x64 release with the audio, but I have to rewrite the whole audio stuff from scratch as libzplay is the only library I have found that plays the audio without hiccups and its only a x86 dll.
theoneman

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2013, 22:44 »

Can you add a way to make every model extracted have its own folder like UModel?

If there are any materials, there will be a folder called Materials.
Same with textures and meshes?

I also would love a Extract all button.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2013, 06:04 »

It might be good to use variables instead of line numbers for the config file. That way, we have some idea what each line means because we can read the variable name.

Edit: Make sure you disable editing the preview window. I accidentally grabbed the side of it and slid it slightly, making it slightly larger. Crashed again. Resizing that window at all breaks everything.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 06:21 by MegaScience » Logged
Technik_PL

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2013, 12:02 »

For me resize preview window work correctly. And x86 version is much faster than x64.
theoneman

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2013, 21:56 »

Any new updates on the Level visualizer?
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2013, 23:12 »

I can tell you from my research in me3 that you will have to wait a long time for this to happen, here an (incomplete) overview what all is connected inside a levelobject (and these are just the meshes), this will need some time to code...

greetz WV
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2013, 07:50 »

Before Level Visualization can happen, I would like animation, so I am working on the MorphemeAnimSequences.

I can tell you from my research in me3 that you will have to wait a long time for this to happen, here an (incomplete) overview what all is connected inside a levelobject (and these are just the meshes), this will need some time to code...

greetz WV

WarrantyVoider hit the nail on the head, the Levels are Complex beasts. So I am just focussing on small bits at a time. The first few versions of the Level Visualizer will be very simple display.
Technik_PL

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2013, 22:15 »

Is there any progress? Smiley
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2013, 09:00 »

Is there any progress? Smiley

Yes, I have identified the rotations and translations in the MorphemeAnimSequence nodes. Just figuring out the key blocks, and then I can write a psa exporter for it. Not sure how long it will take to get to that point. I'll provide another update at the end of the weekend
RipperOne
Sponsor

Located

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2013, 09:43 »

Good luck!
Technik_PL

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2013, 22:43 »

Hey i have got a question. On second page of this topic you paste Elizabeth screen from 3ds max I mean. Which package include this model? I look for it because it has normal eye and eyelashes. I try import few skeleton to 3ds max and they don't have eye and eyelashes. I'm sorry if that interferes with your creative process. Cool
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2013, 22:46 »

Hey i have got a question. On second page of this topic you paste Elizabeth screen from 3ds max I mean. Which package include this model? I look for it because it has normal eye and eyelashes. I try import few skeleton to 3ds max and they don't have eye and eyelashes. I'm sorry if that interferes with your creative process. Cool

The model I believe came from the package 'S_LizT_P' but I added the textures for eyes and eyelashes in 3dsmax after exporting all the different textures.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2013, 17:11 »

When I go through many files, I eventually get this error and must restart:

I was also getting ran out of memory errors I solved by running it as administrator... every time it crashes. o_o

Edit: And I still crash if I accidentally resize the preview window, without an error message. I accidentally double clicked the top part of the window instead of closing it and it full screened and crashed.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 17:15 by MegaScience » Logged
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2013, 17:20 »

When I go through many files, I eventually get this error and must restart:

I was also getting ran out of memory errors I solved by running it as administrator... every time it crashes. o_o

Edit: And I still crash if I accidentally resize the preview window, without an error message. I accidentally double clicked the top part of the window instead of closing it and it full screened and crashed.

Yeah sorry, the program doesn't cleanup when you open heaps of files, so eventually you will run out of memory, since its an x86 app, you only get about 2gb before it crashes. I am implementing a max number of open objects and it will start cleaning up older objects.

As for the preview, it may be due to your graphics card, I have only tested on Nvidia cards, if your using an AMD, I might be doing something that AMD cards do not like. I am going to rewrite the whole 3d section that will, one remove the dependency on SlimDX, and two allow you to use DX10 or DX11. That is still a while away.

Update on animation, I have figured out all the structures in the MorphemeAnimSequence's. But am having issues figuring out the formats of the rotations. So still going with it for now.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: