March 28, 2024, 22:03
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Exporting models from Bioshock Infinite  (Read 85182 times)
Technik_PL

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2013, 21:28 »

I have AMD card and BIExplorer work correct.
I'm looking forward to the next information about your progress. Good luck.  Wink
Veritas

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2013, 13:43 »

Wow! sooo cool tool!
I tried new umodel, but I couldn't extract all resourses(((
and I read this topic, but I have a stupid question, sorry (I'm not a profi in this theme, I'm just a fan)
Please. tell me how to use this tool?
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2013, 13:50 »

Wow! sooo cool tool!
I tried new umodel, but I couldn't extract all resourses(((
and I read this topic, but I have a stupid question, sorry (I'm not a profi in this theme, I'm just a fan)
Please. tell me how to use this tool?

What specific do you need help with?

It can only extract StaticMesh, SkeletalMesh, Texture2D objects at this time, it can also preview some Sounds (Others in weird codec, suspect Xbox XMA codec). Currently working on Animation, Kismet Viewing and Level Viewing. (Animation is taking longer than I had hoped)

To use the application, you need to choose the directory that contains all the .XXX files. On the left hand side tree view will populate with all packages found, in which you can drill down to find resources. The drop down box can be used to filter based on a type. Some pre filled selections are there, but you can also type in another format ie. XAKAudioEvent (Will filter on all audio events).
Veritas

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2013, 14:03 »

What specific do you need help with?

It can only extract StaticMesh, SkeletalMesh, Texture2D objects at this time, it can also preview some Sounds (Others in weird codec, suspect Xbox XMA codec). Currently working on Animation, Kismet Viewing and Level Viewing. (Animation is taking longer than I had hoped)

To use the application, you need to choose the directory that contains all the .XXX files. On the left hand side tree view will populate with all packages found, in which you can drill down to find resources. The drop down box can be used to filter based on a type. Some pre filled selections are there, but you can also type in another format ie. XAKAudioEvent (Will filter on all audio events).
Thanks for the quick reply!

I need only StaticMesh, SkeletalMesh and Texture2D objects.
Hmm.. I downloaded BIExplorer_v0.4.0_x86.rar and unpack the archive.. and I have installed .NET 4.0 and 4.5

And I don't need to put the tool in the folder with .xxx, right?
Well... I run it, but it is crashed:

Maybe I need something else or I've done something wrong...
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2013, 14:06 »

No it doesn't need to be in the same directory as the .XXX files. Did you install SlimDX? Included in the zip file. Your using Windows 7 right? I will do some testing and see if I can replicate. Since a number of people seem to have issues starting the tool.
Veritas

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2013, 14:10 »

Yes, I using Windows 7 32-bit
And, yes, I've installed SlimDX.
interdpth

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2013, 19:24 »

Is there a chance of a property editor or source for this?

Much needed for some experiments. Cheesy

Mainly a property editor Tongue
Technik_PL

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2013, 16:07 »

How much You do? Any progress? Give some informations please Cool
grub

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2013, 07:29 »

Is there any chance of exporting parts of maps? I'd like to export Booker's office.
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2013, 10:06 »

Sorry for not updating or responding for a while. Have been very busy.

No I am not planning on doing anything relating to changing the game. Only visualizing.

Unfortunately not much to report. As I said I have been busy (Outside of this project). The animation is an absolute pain. I have pretty much put that on the back burner to focus on other aspects.

Is there any chance of exporting parts of maps? I'd like to export Booker's office.

Not yet. And even with visualizing the map, you will not be able to export the maps. (Unless I write a map to obj exporter)

I have had a number of requests to release the source code for this tool, and I am currently considering doing so to certain individuals, since I have less and less time to actually work on this project. So let me know if that is something you would be interested in.
interdpth

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2013, 21:38 »

Please release it!
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2013, 19:50 »

Yeah, don't mass release it. I'd rather not see like 50 different versions of your program floating around with varying changes, bugs, features, etc.
grub

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2013, 23:34 »

Sorry for not updating or responding for a while. Have been very busy.

No I am not planning on doing anything relating to changing the game. Only visualizing.

Unfortunately not much to report. As I said I have been busy (Outside of this project). The animation is an absolute pain. I have pretty much put that on the back burner to focus on other aspects.

Not yet. And even with visualizing the map, you will not be able to export the maps. (Unless I write a map to obj exporter)

I have had a number of requests to release the source code for this tool, and I am currently considering doing so to certain individuals, since I have less and less time to actually work on this project. So let me know if that is something you would be interested in.

I'd love to see someone write a map to obj exporter. If you think you won't have time, I'm sure there are programmers in the community more than willing to step up and help!
interdpth

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2013, 06:17 »

Any possible update on releasing the source?
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2013, 00:16 »

An update is required for Clash in the Clouds DLC. I wanted to see if it'd still work, but nope - Crashed.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: