March 19, 2024, 06:16
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: ActorX Importer for 3ds Max  (Read 79636 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2014, 22:07 »

Version 1.27
  • added option "Don't conjugate root bone"

Version 1.28
  • added "mesh translation" options to settings
  • "advanced settings" are not stored to the ini file anymore
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 23:21 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2014, 18:48 »

Version 1.29
  • ActorX Imported now could be bound to toolbar, keyboard or menu - use "Customize user interface", category "Gildor Tools", and then use "ActorX Importer" as you like
  • reordered controls, separated some options to own rollouts for easy reordering etc
  • preserving dialog position, scroll position and rollout "open" state during 3ds Max session (until Max closed)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2014, 19:04 »

More information regarding last version.

Layout settings are not stored to ini file, so they're preserved until you'll exit from 3ds Max.

How to install menu option/keyboard shortcut/toolbar button. Go to "Customize | Customize user interface". Choose a page which corresponds to action you'd like to add - for example, "Menus" to add a menu item. Select a category "Gildor Tools". There'll be only one item - "ActorX Importer". Drag it to menu wherever you like (or assign a shortcut etc).

Installation process is very similar to "Pivot Painter" tool from UE4, which you may watch here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Content/Tools/PivotPainter/index.html#installation.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2015, 22:39 »

Version 1.30

The option "import at slider position" would allow you to concatenate animations. Disable "update animation length" checkbox, set time range to some large value, set time slider to desired position, enable "import at slider position" and then import any animation track - it will be imported into selected position without cleaning up existing animation.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 22:41 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2015, 23:11 »

Version 1.31
  • trying to detect and repair bad vertex weights for imported psk file

Sometimes Max will bind wrong bones to vertices. This happens when vertex is weighted to some bone, but another one bone is close enough to that vertex. Now ActorX Importer tries to detect this case and doing repair. In that case it works a bit slower (depending on number of vertices to repair), but at least it produces much better mesh.

An example: one mesh is a man who holds (in bind pose) his hand close to his face. In this case some vertices of hand will be bound to head bone, and some face vertices - to hand. Awful and unexpected behavior of MaxScript.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2015, 22:45 »

Version 1.32
  • allowing psa import to work with any mesh, i.e. without previously imported psk file
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2015, 16:17 »

Version 1.33
  • saving bind pose information inside bone objects, this information will survive saving scene to a max file

Some notes about this update. With older versions of importer, if you'll load a psk file into Max, save it to the .max file, restart Max and load that scene - you wasn't able to load animation unless you'll reload that psk file again. Now all necessary information is stored within bones, and it survives saving to .max file. So, you may load any animation immediately after loading .max file.
rroobboo

I am the Great Cornholio! Hhh...Hhh...

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2015, 11:14 »

Version 1.33
  • saving bind pose information inside bone objects, this information will survive saving scene to a max file

Some notes about this update. With older versions of importer, if you'll load a psk file into Max, save it to the .max file, restart Max and load that scene - you wasn't able to load animation unless you'll reload that psk file again. Now all necessary information is stored within bones, and it survives saving to .max file. So, you may load any animation immediately after loading .max file.

That's is a very very useful feature man! Thanks a lot!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2016, 14:15 »

New version of the script got a feature for conversion of PSA animation into a single FBX file. Earlier, batch converter was able to convert each animation track into a separate FBX file - in my example run, the conversion took a few minutes and used nearly 700Mb of disk space. Now I've added "Save multi-take FBX file" option (see under "Animation" rollout). When this option is enabled, all animations will go into the single FBX file. Such conversion for me took just a few seconds, and resulting file was just 20-30Mb of size. I've tested result in UE4, and everything works well.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2017, 17:04 »

Version v1.34
  • added possibility to select and open multiple psk files at time
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2017, 08:01 »

Hey Gildor, just downloaded the 1.34 version and for some reason the psk/pskx files won't show up, worked fine on 1.33 not sure if it just for me or everyone.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 08:05 by Blenux » Logged

Blender + Linux User Here.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2017, 11:42 »

Fixed, thank you for report.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2017, 13:28 »

No worries man, that tool is useful to batch convert all them to FBX Cheesy

Blender + Linux User Here.
John83

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2017, 17:52 »

Hi!
I have a such problem in 3ds max 7-8 when i press "Import PSK":

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2017, 20:22 »

It seems you're using too old version of Max. I used one function which allowed me to select multiple psk files at once. It is not new, but newer than your Max. I've added fallback for old Max, however I can't properly test it. Please try an updated importer.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: