March 29, 2024, 03:42
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Unreal Engine 4 support  (Read 65073 times)
LumeKano

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2016, 08:05 »

srry for bump

after u update the 4.12 but..

why can't not open the Savage Resurrection model file..

Code:
appMalloc:size=-32 (total=0 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty:-2 x 16 <- TArray::Serialize:0/0 <- FReferenceSkeleton<< <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'Shaman.Shaman', pos=296F, ver=504/0 (unversioned), game=1000D <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=490

Here Simple:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rigwturk4iae2gd/Shaman.rar

« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:12 by LumeKano » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2016, 10:34 »

srry for bump

after u update the 4.12 but..

why can't not open the Savage Resurrection model file..

UE4.12 is fully supported now. However, it seems Savage Resurrection uses some pre-4.12 engine version. UModel don't have any possibility to specify "fraction" engine version at the moment, and it is not possible to detect it automatically because Epic fully erases any version information from packages during cooking.
LumeKano

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2016, 02:17 »

oh no... Embarrassed

so impossibility to get the model Savage Resurrection without older pre-4.12 engine umodel....

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2016, 09:54 »

This is what I told before:

Hi guys. I've got 4.12 version working. Almost fully. PARAGON and UT4 are both working.
Now, why "almost fully". This version have many changes in file formats, some of them were made in a way which doesn't allow UModel detect, which "sub-version" of 4.12 is actually used. Let's say, we have for 4.12 (in chronological order)
1. changed package format
2. changed serialization of basic engine's object (affects EVERYTHING what is stored in packages)
3. changed texture streaming code, with possibility to save texture data inside .ubulk files (a kind of UE3's TFC) - this is used by PARAGON
4. changed skeletal mesh, added "Recompute tangents" field (useless for UModel, but breaks mesh serialization, so I must be aware of this field). This engine sub-version is detected with some tech which is new for UE4 (i.e. not present in UE3) and called "custom versions". And of course, cooked unversioned packages entirely dropped these "custom versions" too. So I'm detecting this version just with setting "game=ue4.12", like EVERYTHING ELSE in this list.
5. changed static mesh format, to support "high-precision normals" (this feature is declared in 4.12 changelist).

Ok, version #5 is available for those who uses "UE4.12 preview release". BUT at least two Epic's games uses different sub-versions of 4.12. UT4 uses #4, PARAGON - #3. They are not compatible between each other, but all are 4.12. So, I decided to wait with #5 in UModel, and I stopped with version #4. So, to launch UModel with UT4 files, you should simply specify UE4.12 for startup, and files will be loaded.

Now, about PARAGON. It uses even older, pre-prerelease version of 4.12. At least those files I have. To load them, you should use new command line option intended to "hack" loader, and allow UModel to load this content. The option is:
Code:
umodel -pkgver=504
After this, you will be able to open PARAGON meshes.

It is normal for "Alpha" to use pre-release engine. But not normal for released game, at all. Earlier I did a hack with "pkgver". But now this option will not work - it's not enough, because UE4 now uses up to 6 version numbers at the same time, not just 1.
1212aaa

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2016, 05:59 »

can't load/export PARAGON animations,plz help.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2016, 06:22 »

First of all, version of UModel shared on gildor.org has animation support disabled because if is not finished yet. So you can't open animations with it, until I really finish animation support.
The second, your log has no errors on it. Loading of animations is very tricky at the moment even in work-in-progress UModel executable (that's why I didn't share it yet). To do so, you'll need to reproduce steps shown on video shared a few days ago in this thread.
MReaper

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2016, 01:16 »

Now we will be able to load the animations from MKX??  Huh? Tongue
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 18:25 by MReaper » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2016, 01:18 »

Are you sure this game was made with UE4??
MReaper

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2016, 20:26 »

Are you sure this game was made with UE4??

It is actually UE3 but with the current version can not open the animations, so I thought that with the new version would be supported.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 18:25 by MReaper » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2016, 20:46 »

Yeah, and all other games which didn't work suddenly started to work Grin
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2016, 10:53 »

I've uploaded UModel with animation support for Unreal engine 4.
Important: working with UE4 animation is very different from those you did for UE2 and UE3 games, so I've recorded several videos describing how to do that. You may watch these videos on youtube.
I was able to test animation with just 3 games. If you'll find that some UE4 game is fully supported, please inform me on the forum, so I could update the compatibility table.
Kanoo

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2016, 00:46 »

Are now possible to load the Spec Ops and Army of Two animations??
Ehlyon

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2016, 01:14 »

I was able to test animation with just 3 games. If you'll find that some UE4 game is fully supported, please inform me on the forum, so I could update the compatibility table.

You've to try Kanoo,
he only tested the program with those 3 games (http://gildor.org/projects/umodel/compat: here you can see under "ANIM" that ark, paragon and Unreal tournament are working)
If you'll be able to open them report it and we'll be able to have a full list of supported game! We can't expect Gildor to test/download every single game by himself  Grin
ClubOn
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2016, 04:31 »

Dude, I've been away for 2 weeks... But I knew you will make it !

Thanks man.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2016, 08:38 »

I think these games were made with UE3 engine. Is this a kind of trolling, asking here about UE3 games? (like, MKX a few posts above)
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: