March 29, 2024, 01:36
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Gears of War: Ultimate Edition  (Read 4858 times)
spider91

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2016, 23:41 »

Gildor, please add Gears of War: Ultimate Edition support to your tools. Structure seems to be the same, but compression is lz4. Here are some samples:

http://www108.zippyshare.com/v/Zb9GprCq/file.html
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 02:33 »

1. Sorry, I'm very limited in time. I'll definitely support it one day, but it's unlikely that this would happen very soon.
2. Why do you think here's some non-standard compression ("lz4")?
3. Please read the FAQ to see list of required files.
spider91

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 03:18 »

I guess it's the first game on UE3 using lz4, but it's lz4 for shure, cause i've dumped and successfully decompressed some chunks containing game sounds from .xxx files with lz4. Sorry for wrong files, here are files mentioned in faq

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/Fbx0PRpL/file.html

and report from pkgtool

Code:
Found 2436 game files (750 skipped)
Version summary:
Ver        LicVer     Count   Filename
835 (343)   56 ( 38)  2407    Wargame/CookedWinUAP/...
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 03:24 »

Usually UE3 uses LZO compression algorithm.
I've checked the executable - unfortunately it is encrypted, so I can't work with it.
spider91

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 03:40 »

Yeah, i know, lz4 not even mentioned in UDK (it's lzo, lzx and zlib), so i was surprised to see it in game.
Bad news that .exe is encrypted, maybe it'll be able to debug it when game will be cracked.
Firblind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 20:32 »

I really wish we could get the files from this game, has anybody had any progress it? We've currently been able to export GoW 4 assets. For Ultimate Edition, Trying to load the .xxx is fine, but the second you try to preview or export, I get the error:

Memory: bad allocation size -259995008 bytes

appMalloc:size=-259995008 (total=0 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty:789056680 x 16 <- TArray::Serialize:0/0 <- FPackageFileSummary::Serialize3 <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=835/56 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:CookedWinUAP/10_2_CrashSite_CineLevel.xxx, ver=835/56, game=ue3 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:CookedWinUAP/10_2_CrashSite_CineLevel.xxx <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1105
DarthDoodles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 06:28 »

I would love to be able to view the files for this game!! I come back each week to see if its been added. I hope so soon  grin
VerySecretiveMan
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 10:34 »

Hello! I'd love to see support for this game if possible. I have all the files and a .exe that appear to be not encrypted and have the requirement you stated in the FAQ.

As for the .exe version, this is what I got from pkgtool
Code:
Version summary:
Ver        LicVer     Count   Filename
835 (343)   56 ( 38)    24    Wargame/CookedWinUAP/...

Here are some samples: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3c993koj7s19l8x/Samples.rar/file

If you need any other files, I'll be more than happy to send them.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 11:13 »

I have full game at Steam, and exe IS encrypted - what makes research impossible. The bottleneck here is b2container format which is too complex to try to "guess" the format.
Firblind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 23:20 »

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition isn't on steam. The game I assume you're talking about is Gears of War 5, which is not the game we're talking about. Please look at the files he sent, I think he's got something, and it fits the FAQ exactly like you want it.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 23:53 »

Yes, sorry - my mistake. I talked about Gears 5. Anyway, All Gears 1-3 games are supported - XBox360 versions, so there's not much point supporting remaster with same assets but probably better shaders (which has no impact on export).
Firblind

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 23:55 »

Wrong, the game was a complete remaster of the assets. But I can see what you mean if you think it's just another shader reskin, but this game isn't lol.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2020, 00:01 »

May be you're right. However, I'm too busy now with my job, and at the same time I have own plans for UModel (mainly for making following research for Sea of Thieves easier) - which I'd prefer to not delay because of other games (I hope Fortnite update won't interrupt my work again).
I'd suggest reminding me in a month - it's unlikely I'll finish my improvements sooner, and that I'll remember about THIS game.
Firblind

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2020, 00:05 »

Hey man, I respect the work you do for Umodel, and I can understand the amount of demand for something like Sea of Theives, and Fortnite. And this game has been out since 2016 and a lot of fans like myself have been checking this forum to see your progress on it, and you atleast giving it a chance helps a lot. Good luck on updating umodel, it can understand how hard of a project it is to maintain for almost a decade.
VerySecretiveMan
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2020, 00:08 »

Hi, thanks for the reply. It's understandable that your job keeps you busy. And I'll come back to this thread later on. Thanks again!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: