April 18, 2024, 22:37
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [UE3] Lost Ark  (Read 66084 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2023, 21:07 »

@andrewdesi09: You can check page 6, where sylvester334 provided some explanation about packages names.
Druid4

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 04, 2023, 11:32 »

Newbie Here,

Tried to open the steam version but get this error when I try to open with the specific Umodel Tool linked in this thread.

When I search the Steam files, it only has a SDL3.dll

What am I doing wrong?
pb2233

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2023, 10:25 »

It seems non-asian versions of the game didn't change since that post (except the encryption key). I've managed to implement changes, explained by h4x0r (Ekey), but it seems the upk structure changed a lot since CBT1, so I can parse import table at best in the latest game version. Unless someone is willing to provide decrypted CBT1 client for comparison, I doubt something else can be done.

Also, the game is suffering from floating bug in stable lz4 versions prior to 1.9.3, when lz4_decompress_safe could fail due to non-standard literals at the end of compressed chunks (expected 5 zero bytes, but could be 6 upon compression). Updating to 1.9.3 resolved most of decompression issues.

hi

I am currently researching the data files of the Lost Ark game, specifically the .epf and .loa files. I understand that these files may contain various data and resources for the game, but I have not found any tools that can directly open or parse these files.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to open these files, or if there are any tools or methods available for parsing these files? I have some basic knowledge of programming and reverse engineering, so any technical suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help!

andrewdesi09

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2023, 07:45 »

So just curious. Are we seeing all the files in the game?
This is vykas

And this is her sword. From the viewer

I tried to find the textures of the sword, and couldn't found it even flipping through the entirety of the game's files.
It seems like it was meant to be between the vykas model/texture piles, but it just didn't get extracted properly
And therefore we can't see it/export it?

Just thought it was weird because there are lots and lots of models with not texture in the viewer that I also can't find the textures anywhere I look.

Edit: It could also just be that the game package file doesn't have the sword texture in it ... ?
I'm so confused.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 07:51 by andrewdesi09 » Logged
GDL

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2023, 08:16 »

The game recicles paths for a lot of files to avoid repeating textures, for instance the player's faces are located in jus one place and most faces point to that path (with a few exceptions) so some character files show up with no textures in the viewer, once extracted you can texture it manually if you manage to find the path where the weapons textures are located, the same happens for hair textures and eyes textures among other few.
andrewdesi09

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2023, 18:17 »

This is a long shot but does anyone know where is beatrice's file in the western client? I looked through the entire packages folder and I didn't find her. I'm exhausted.

I just need the name of the file containing her models/textures.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2023, 05:26 »

Specific build is updated with fix for some textures, which couldn't be loaded properly.

It affects latest game versions from all regions, except russian one. The point is that crunched textures were originally implemented into ru version, and while other versions doesn't seem to use this compression, they now have respective flag, probably as leftover from general engine upgrades. Therefore support for crunched textures is now limited to ru version only to avoid related issues (when compression flag is set, but not actually used). If you'll notice something weird with separate textures while using updated build, please let me know, preferably with samples.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 05:51 by spiritovod » Logged
rays

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2023, 19:37 »

Hello, is the issue of textures appearing black in the KR version for recently updated files, as shown in the provided image, due to the fact that the updated uemodel version does not support crunch textures?

* exa.png (44.44 KB, 869x652 - viewed 68 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 21, 2023, 20:44 »

@rays: Could you provide some sample packages, here or via PM? Both korean and chinese versions are currently region locked.
GDL

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 21, 2023, 21:57 »

This is a long shot but does anyone know where is beatrice's file in the western client? I looked through the entire packages folder and I didn't find her. I'm exhausted.

I just need the name of the file containing her models/textures.

A few pages back user "sylvester334" has a chart to decode the files names, but even then it wont help because the files are not names after the ingame characters, Beatrice file is inside "GU1MUX4F1BZZE7TERW64SSP" and that translate to "NP  PABS  00" which is her filename (np_pabs_00_sk_loc_int)
GDL

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 21, 2023, 22:24 »

@rays: Could you provide some sample packages, here or via PM? Both korean and chinese versions are currently region locked.

I have the same problem with v5 for the Steam version, check the GU1MUX4F1BZZE7TERW64SSP model, the textures are all black, it doesnt happen with v4.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2023, 23:28 »

Well, I guess they're using some kind of fallback after all instead of proper usage of respective flag for textures. I've added something similar to updated build, most textures should work now. Though it may require some additional tests.

Update: I probably got the idea behind all this. Apparently they're processing compressed images (DXT) through crunch decoder according to respective flag, while uncompressed data (RGB) would be loaded directly, even if it has flag for crunch compression. Not sure what benefits you can get from such approach though.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 00:58 by spiritovod » Logged
jericho777

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 30, 2023, 01:07 »

Sir, i quite confuse which version of the extractor from spiritovod is the latest. can someone send a link of the latest link? thanks
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2023, 21:30 »

@jericho777: If you mean custom umodel, latest build is always available in the same post (in this case the one from the first page). It works like that for all topics where I provide custom builds to ensure that people wouldn't be confused with multiple different links, at least within the same topic (and also for this reason I encourage people to not provide direct links to download, but links to original posts due to possible updates).
If you mean related quickbms scripts and such, they're now available at rin forum instead of zenhax (look for "other scripts for UE games"). I'm planning to update all my related posts with actual info in the next few days.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 18:13 by spiritovod » Logged
Bearkuku

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 04, 2023, 05:09 »

It seems non-asian versions of the game didn't change since that post (except the encryption key). I've managed to implement changes, explained by h4x0r (Ekey), but it seems the upk structure changed a lot since CBT1, so I can parse import table at best in the latest game version. Unless someone is willing to provide decrypted CBT1 client for comparison, I doubt something else can be done.

Also, the game is suffering from floating bug in stable lz4 versions prior to 1.9.3, when lz4_decompress_safe could fail due to non-standard literals at the end of compressed chunks (expected 5 zero bytes, but could be 6 upon compression). Updating to 1.9.3 resolved most of decompression issues.

hi

I am currently researching the data files of the Lost Ark game, specifically the .epf and .loa files. I understand that these files may contain various data and resources for the game, but I have not found any tools that can directly open or parse these files.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to open these files, or if there are any tools or methods available for parsing these files? I have some basic knowledge of programming and reverse engineering, so any technical suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help!

Hello, may I ask if you know how to open the EFTable_GameMsg.db file obtained by unpacking Lost Ark with BMS? I've tried using DB Browser and SQLiteStudio, but neither of them seems to work. I would appreciate your assistance. Thank you very much.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: