March 29, 2024, 03:53
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Sea of Thieves  (Read 29496 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 12:56 »

Seems key is really correct (why not posting it here?) - otherwise you'd get a error like "wrong package tag" etc.
The reason of error is just like with other games - custom compression, custom package format, protection from unpacking and/or modification etc.
mq1r2

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 13:02 »

Every valid aes key gives me that error, doesn't matter if I change it completely. Also, is there a known way to bypass the custom compression?

Thanks
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 13:05 »

Nope. I prefer to avoid adding new compression libraries to umodel, especially doing that just for one game (of indie quality).

EDIT I was wrong, this is Microsoft Game Studios. But according to Wikipedia, the game wasn't released yet.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 13:07 by Gildor » Logged
mq1r2

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 13:16 »

You're right, it's still in closed alpha / beta.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 13:18 by mq1r2 » Logged
TrumpetPro

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 03:59 »

It's out now (-:
Turfea33

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 15:18 »

Bump, I'm interested too !
TrumpetPro

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2018, 17:06 »

The biggest issue I'm seeing is getting permissions to open the files. I can't even copy and paste them somewhere else.
Chuy505

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2018, 20:11 »

try using UWPDumper  https://github.com/Wunkolo/UWPDumper

g4tv4life

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2018, 22:24 »

I managed to us uwpdumper to get to the pak files (I also had to use  a application called process hacker to suspend the sea of thieves process while it ran to prevent it from crashing).

Now I'm stuck on the AES encryption part. Can anyone post the working key?
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2018, 11:49 »

The biggest issue I'm seeing is getting permissions to open the files. I can't even copy and paste them somewhere else.
This....This is my biggest issue with the Microsoft Store. I mean it doesn't even allow me to open the folders for the games that I own. Heck they even make it so convoluted that you can't even figure out where the games are installed. And every time you try to open something it gives the infuriating 'You don't have permission/rights' message. No wonder ppl hate on MS...
TK-Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2018, 17:34 »

This....This is my biggest issue with the Microsoft Store. I mean it doesn't even allow me to open the folders for the games that I own. Heck they even make it so convoluted that you can't even figure out where the games are installed. And every time you try to open something it gives the infuriating 'You don't have permission/rights' message. No wonder ppl hate on MS...

Read above man.. this is not the problem, you can decrypt ms store files using UWPDumper.

Problem is we don't have the AES key to open the pak files (that is another encryption used by the engine, nothing to do with MS).
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2018, 12:02 »

Yes I am aware of that. It was a general comment about how files are manged by MS. Hopefully someone will publish he AES. Probably some folks on Facepunch or Xenhax might be able to help

Read above man.. this is not the problem, you can decrypt ms store files using UWPDumper.

Problem is we don't have the AES key to open the pak files (that is another encryption used by the engine, nothing to do with MS).
suueegN

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2018, 01:52 »

Here are a few examples of model/material/texture uassets I was provided. https://mega.nz/#!85gklKgB!LyU10ikXHFdwuh6sPrwVDR-lVKICHkD3BqU2pTe2IGo
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2018, 18:58 »

Has anyone been able to extract models from Sea of Thieves since it went live? I as super excited about the game but the Beta game play experience kind of put me off.
Lordlard01

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2018, 20:33 »

I've been trying to find the AES key for days now... but nothing. If anyone can share some insights.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: