Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 280469 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Fortnite
« Reply #1335 on: July 26, 2019, 17:56 »

A quick poll.

There are LOTS of requests looking like "where can I find a blue pants", "white pajama" etc. There requests appears like if they're asked once, and then nobody else can use it - at least because of the thread's size. And they're making thread much larger than it should be (I'm cleaning the thread over last 2 days, and I know what I'm talking about).

So I have a questions: how to organize "where's something" questions to keep them separate from this thread, to make such requests more useful for others, etc etc. Making a separate thread for each request is not an opportunity. Making a single thread for all requests - it's ok, because it will be easy to clean it up, BUT it won't let user locate information easily, so one day Blenux will be so tired from "where is" questions, and you'll lose someone who does the search job for you.

Personally I think that locating resources in a game is EASY, and only lazy people asks such questions here. Or at least it's easy to learn things. So, another opportunity is simply remove all "where is" requests from the forum to keep it clean.
luke11685

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: July 26, 2019, 18:50 »

What a shame. In Minecraft you can make mods,but this game always had single(I guess this is how Fortnite prototype would look like) player. Is it really complicated to make at least unofficial character modding(kind of like in case of cancelled game named Paragon) for Fortnite(they still supporting and updating this game) right now if in Epic Tencent Games not gonna make it happen in 100%?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 19:08 by luke11685 » Logged
abdumatin

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: July 27, 2019, 15:11 »

It is located at Game/Accessories/Hats/F_MED_StreetRacerWhite/Meshes/F_MED_Street_Racer_White_Helmet
and the Textures for the Red line Helmet Textures for it are located at Game/Accessories/Hats/Textures/Male_Commando_Raider_Blackops/

Many thanks.
The helmet mesh is from another skin (Street racer White) and the textures I think is not too(But im not sure at all.).
Any new idea where can find please?

Kind regards.

The Textures for it is from another stw ninja skin and the mesh too and the Red line textures for it is from the Burnout outfit
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 15:30 by abdumatin » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: July 27, 2019, 17:06 »

A quick poll.

There are LOTS of requests looking like "where can I find a blue pants", "white pajama" etc. There requests appears like if they're asked once, and then nobody else can use it - at least because of the thread's size. And they're making thread much larger than it should be (I'm cleaning the thread over last 2 days, and I know what I'm talking about).

So I have a questions: how to organize "where's something" questions to keep them separate from this thread, to make such requests more useful for others, etc etc. Making a separate thread for each request is not an opportunity. Making a single thread for all requests - it's ok, because it will be easy to clean it up, BUT it won't let user locate information easily, so one day Blenux will be so tired from "where is" questions, and you'll lose someone who does the search job for you.

Personally I think that locating resources in a game is EASY, and only lazy people asks such questions here. Or at least it's easy to learn things. So, another opportunity is simply remove all "where is" requests from the forum to keep it clean.

These probably be the best option, posted on the first page perhaps?

Fortnite ID's by DaniLecx SpreedSheet 
Fortnite ID's by King SpreedSheet
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 17:53 by Blenux » Logged

Blender + Linux User Here.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1339 on: July 28, 2019, 21:58 »

Moved animation export problem discussion to separate thread
https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,6728.0.html
abdumatin

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: July 30, 2019, 10:18 »

What is the FX texture in the copper wasp skin for? (M_MED_Cyber_Karate)
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: July 30, 2019, 17:04 »

Masks/Effects.

abdumatin

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: July 30, 2019, 17:33 »

Masks/Effects.

I see that the skin ingame has a fresnel could that be how it used?
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 01, 2019, 12:54 »

Another update, another break...

Skeletons

Static Meshs
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 13:06 by Blenux » Logged

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1344 on: August 01, 2019, 15:05 »

Wow, nice. I've expected when Epic will start to use new technology for mesh streaming.
I'm able to fix that, but can't promise that will do it soon. May be today, may be not.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 01, 2019, 16:26 »

Yeah I feel ya man, must get annoying, wish I knew how to program all this stuff would fix these myself to help out, but that would take a million years  Grin

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1346 on: August 01, 2019, 16:37 »

I'm just a bit ill since weekend, having difficulties spending more than 5 mins next to PC (spending most of time in bed). And therefore I've lost a lot of working time (I don't have paid illness, paid vacation, etc) - so when I'll get better, I'll need to compensate working hours first. Anyway, I'll check if there's something quick to fix.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 01, 2019, 17:17 »

Yeah nah take your time man, your health is far more important, anyone has a issue with that can fudge off.

Tomy73

View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 01, 2019, 18:06 »

@Gildor.

As Blenux says, first is your health.
The rest can wait, sure.
I hope you get better soon.

Kind regards.
smokeyq

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 02, 2019, 07:14 »

Hey! I have a small problem. whenever i open A uasset, the program freezes and it isn't responding. how can i fix this?
Jump to: