March 28, 2024, 15:59
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Singularity  (Read 54299 times)
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2010, 08:41 »

I tested Singularity for Xbox 360, and static mesh is not supported. Animation textures SkeletalMeshes & Textures are supported. Awesome...

..:: ESR911 ::..
JohnPreston

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:01 »

Hy Guys!
Can i use umodel for extrackt models and animations and everything else from singularity?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 01:34 »

You can extract everything with exception of StaticMesh.
Dtmech

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 02:32 »

I can't seem to find anything in the model archives , and what i found most of it was with low res textures.
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:26 »

I can't seem to find anything in the model archives , and what i found most of it was with low res textures.

READ!
Hi-Rez Texture Hunting with Umodel
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,207.0.html

Dtmech

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 13:03 »

READ!
Hi-Rez Texture Hunting with Umodel
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,207.0.html

******** RT2_heli_XSA.xxx:  Material3'Base_MeshBarfSplatter' ********

ERROR: assertion failed: H.Tag == PACKAGE_FILE_TAG

FCompressedChunkHeader<<:pos=70D0004 <- appReadCompressedChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeChunk <- UTexture2D::LoadBulkTexture:File=textures_p1.tfc <- UTexture2D::Decompress:Tex=vomitReflection_d <- UTexture2D::Bind <- GL_NormalmapShader <- UUnrealMaterial::SetMaterial:Base_MeshBarfSplatter <- AppDrawFrame <- Display <- VisualizerLoop <- MainLoop <- Main

Renamed the file that suppose to be the textures.tfc and there is the outcome of it.

Note: i got pc version.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 13:11 »

Renamed the file that suppose to be the textures.tfc and there is the outcome of it.
You should not rename files. You can rename C:\WINDOWS\cals.exe to textures.tfc and umodel will crash. That's not my error.
JohnPreston

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 20:52 »

Hy!
And how can i extract it. Like what: I wana export the bridge time repaired, or ladder repaired animations, sounds and musics. But i don't know how. I write  umodel -export "and the file name".xxx but many errors and forced export etc.. and i can't found nowhere the exported things. What can i do ?  Huh?Sad
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 21:44 »

Hy!
And how can i extract it. Like what: I wana export the bridge time repaired, or ladder repaired animations, sounds and musics. But i don't know how. I write  umodel -export "and the file name".xxx but many errors and forced export etc.. and i can't found nowhere the exported things. What can i do ?  Huh?Sad

Dude stop asking stupid questions.. uModel does not export music or sound. Do some reading before you post. this is not about you not being able to find assets, look for them yourself, or PM someone. Umodel Instructions on usage is on the main website. READ IT! http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel

JohnPreston

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 02:10 »

1. I don't asking stupid question. READ YOU a little up!!! Gildor say "You can extract everything with exception of StaticMesh." And my question is  HOW. I don't care your helpless! But if somebody say YES YOU CAN Then i wanna know it how! Do you understand me? Therefore i wana talk somebody who realy can help. Gildor what do you say. Can we export the files from this game, and if we can, then how? Thank you for your help.
zardalu
Gold Sponsor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 02:43 »

Gildor say "You can extract everything with exception of StaticMesh."

umodel only supports skeletal meshes, static meshes, textures and animations.  Gildor meant that of those four things, only static meshes are not supported for this game. umodel has never supported sounds, as far as I know. I have exported all compatible files for this game with the correct textures sizes.  

To do this:
1. I had to make 4 copies coalesced.tfc and rename them to textures_p0.tfc, textures_p1.tfc, textures_p2.tfc,textures_p3.tfc. This is the only way I have been able to get it to work. Takes a lot of space but works fine. I had to do the same with 'Wolverine'
2. I made sure that those 4 files, and umodel were in the directory with all the .xxx files.
3. I made and ran a batch file with this code from that same directory:

@for /f "tokens=*" %%a in ('dir /b *.xxx') do ( umodel -all -export %%a )

Make sure you have a lot of free space and have fun sorting through all the files. Good luck.

p.s I can't take credit for that batch file code, I got it from someone else on this forum but I can't remeber who. sorry. but it works well.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:48 by zardalu » Logged
NexusElite
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 06:50 »

1. I don't asking stupid question. READ YOU a little up!!! Gildor say "You can extract everything with exception of StaticMesh." And my question is  HOW. I don't care your helpless! But if somebody say YES YOU CAN Then i wanna know it how! Do you understand me? Therefore i wana talk somebody who realy can help. Gildor what do you say. Can we export the files from this game, and if we can, then how? Thank you for your help.

I honestly have no idea what you just wrote, right there....

esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 07:15 »

Gildor say "You can extract everything with exception of StaticMesh."

umodel only supports skeletal meshes, static meshes, textures and animations.  Gildor meant that of those four things, only static meshes are not supported for this game. umodel has never supported sounds, as far as I know. I have exported all compatible files for this game with the correct textures sizes.  

To do this:
1. I had to make 4 copies coalesced.tfc and rename them to textures_p0.tfc, textures_p1.tfc, textures_p2.tfc,textures_p3.tfc. This is the only way I have been able to get it to work. Takes a lot of space but works fine. I had to do the same with 'Wolverine'
2. I made sure that those 4 files, and umodel were in the directory with all the .xxx files.
3. I made and ran a batch file with this code from that same directory:

@for /f "tokens=*" %%a in ('dir /b *.xxx') do ( umodel -all -export %%a )

Make sure you have a lot of free space and have fun sorting through all the files. Good luck.

p.s I can't take credit for that batch file code, I got it from someone else on this forum but I can't remeber who. sorry. but it works well.

Nice post, I wrote how to do that and as I have said it is here: http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,207.0.html.

Wolverine was especially difficult. extract.exe will extract everything from upk files. that doesn't mean that all the assets are usable. that n00b should not be upset at me. I am trying to make sure people don't waste Gildor's time. To extract music and sound will only work if it's unencrypted OGG, and you would need to extract it with some OGG exporter, and yes uModel only supports StaticMesh, and Skeletal Mesh, animation & textures on some games.

If more functionality is necessary a quick PM to Gildor can easily answer your questions.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 19:36 by esr911 » Logged
zardalu
Gold Sponsor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 07:40 »

Well said esr911,

Has anyone looked at the files from both the PC version and the Xbox360 version? Is there a significant difference?  I have the x360 version, but would purchase the PC version if there are higher res textures, for example.
Headshot
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 18:06 »

Well said esr911,

Has anyone looked at the files from both the PC version and the Xbox360 version? Is there a significant difference?  I have the x360 version, but would purchase the PC version if there are higher res textures, for example.

i can't extract anything from the pc version always getting a error on every package  Undecided
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: