March 29, 2024, 16:46
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: State of Decay 2  (Read 6617 times)
dantesai
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2018, 06:11 »

a new problem
serializing being stopper (4EAB12+1>4EAB13)
FPakFile::Serialize:file=/StateOfDecay2/Content/Art/Driveables/SUV_Modern_Apoc/SUV_Modern_Apoc.uasset <- TArray::Serialize:42244/196608 <- FSkelMeshSection4<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/65536 <- FStaticLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize:1/3 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'SUV_Modern_Apoc.SUV_Modern_Apoc', pos=4EAB13, ver=505/0 (unversioned), game=sod2 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:SUV_Modern_Apoc <- ExportPackages <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenu::Popup <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2018, 08:24 »

I've asked a few questions and didn't get an answer. I don't have the game to try it myself, so I'm asking to be able to understand what could be wrong - game update, lose of compatibility with umodel's update, etc.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2018, 08:49 »

I'll repeat my questions.
1. Was the game updated? Did umodel work well before game's update?
2. Does error happen with ANY assets, or just with several of them?
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2018, 12:54 »

I've notice if one doesn't have the original Microsoft main folder which at the time I had (Microsoft.Dayton_1.3160.34.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe), the shotgun_breacher mesh or any other weapon/characters/vehicles will fail to open, however vehicles (SUV_Modern_Avoc) will fail to open regardless of having this, seems it could be a corrupted mesh

Static Mesh/Textures are unaffected and work fine, without material assigned though.

Animations work also*

So to get it working with skeletons is like so,

From this, (or what ever you may have it has)
X:\Games\Installed Games\StateOfDecay2\Content\Paks

To this, (X:\Games\Installed Games\ is my preferred game install location, you don't need to put this)
X:\Games\Installed Games\Microsoft.Dayton_1.3xxxx.xx.x_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\StateOfDecay2\Content\Paks
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 13:43 by Blenux » Logged

Blender + Linux User Here.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2018, 15:08 »

This makes sense. The game may have multiple pak files, and those paks may have assets made for older engine version. Umodel "hides" older assets when another pak overrides them, pak with "larger" name (ex. "assets_10.pak" vs "assets_1.pak"). So, if Blenux right, then if assets_10.pak is missing, then some assets will be picked from assets_1.pak, and umodel will fail them to load because the engine differs. Honestly, the GAME itself will fail to load them too, because there's no way to identify which version is used, so such older assets are rather garbage and wasting disk space.

I've noticed such things with Gears of War 4 - it also had assets with different versions, and I had to download all pak files in order to make game working.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2018, 15:48 »

Yeah even there pak file names are confusing lol, but probably reasons why.

They seem to be using this with their Materials also, which is like 99% of the models come with no materials applied perhaps?, besides from a few that use some form of UE4 standard Materials found in most UE4 games.

UassetImportData UE4 Doc

Blender + Linux User Here.
Pepper
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2020, 04:42 »

The game (or at least, the steam release) has a newer version engine now? Build.version info still says 4.13, but it seems something has changed with the steam release.  

consistent error: ERROR: Unable to read 1 bytes at pos=0x18D3203B6 on all pak files.

files are not UWP encrypted as far as I can tell, game is not a UWP app for steam, and other files in the directories of the steam version are plaintext readable/viewable.

I can supply samples if needed.

edit:
https://gofile.io/d/uaACB5

Can provide more if needed, I appreciate it even if this goes unsolved, this isn't a particularly popular or relevant game today, so people's time might not be worth fixing it.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 04:47 by Pepper » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2020, 11:04 »

I've made some research and updates for this game. You can open pak file now. However, UModel will crash on every second file decompression, at the very end of LZ4 compressed block - when just ~10 bytes left till the end of compressed block. I've updated LZ4 library to the recent release, this didn't help: still crashing. It seems compressed data are intentionally corrupted to prevent extraction.

I can only suppose the game has some protection against digging into the data, especially taking into account other changes I had to make to open pak files. In other words, developers says: "keep away from our data".
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2020, 16:12 »

You can extract the game with the corresponding quickbms script from specific scripts bundle, available here (tested on the archive above, the format is still the same). For more info read sticked topic.

Can't remember my thoughts about the problem (it was about 3 months ago), but aside from bloated pak version and compression type flags, I also forced chunk offset calculation method (relative one, when chunk offset += offset), despite suggested absolute offset approach. Kind of blind fix, but at least it works ._.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 18:48 by spiritovod » Logged
DivyaMeena

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2021, 15:49 »

Hey guys! i am new here so please i am sorry if I am in the wrong section, but I wanted to extract a few models from state of decay 2 juggernaut edition, i opened it in umodel viewer i found the models i wanted too but when i try to extract them it gives me random error, can someone please help me about this? what version should i put in there when i try to extract models from this game??
currently i used State of decay 2 as the option to open it and view the files
Thanks!

* Screenshot 2021-01-07 171803.png (27.8 KB, 603x320 - viewed 179 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2021, 19:15 »

@DivyaMeena: Read two posts above yours. In short, you should extract all assets from paks with quickbms script, then open extracted files in umodel and use override game detection option. Also, you're using outdated umodel build, which may bring you some problems eventually (not in this case though).
DivyaMeena

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2021, 07:27 »

@DivyaMeena: Read two posts above yours. In short, you should extract all assets from paks with quickbms script, then open extracted files in umodel and use override game detection option. Also, you're using outdated umodel build, which may bring you some problems eventually (not in this case though).

Hey! thanks for the reply! i updated umodel and now that error is gone, i used the quickbms script and extracted all of the files from both SOD2 and SOD2JE

and now i have those .uassets files in two seperate folders

Now when i try to use umodel to extract files from SOD2 it gives me this error[in attachment]

and when i try to extract from SOD2JE it gives me this error[second attachment]
i am trying to rip this sword model, echo-1 wraith from the game but just cant extract all these files
can someone help please D:

* Screenshot.png (31.29 KB, 543x509 - viewed 199 times.)

* ScreenshotJE.png (33.47 KB, 548x525 - viewed 131 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2021, 03:30 »

@DivyaMeena: It seems not all assets are supported properly. If you need some specific model, you better try to find it manually without exporting all assets at ones, and then export only that required model.

It's kind of strange though, that asset with error seems like skeletal mesh, but common skeletal meshes are working fine even with  latest game version, but this particular mesh is not. I'll upload it and some working mesh for future references: link
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 03:32 by spiritovod » Logged
DivyaMeena

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2021, 06:15 »

@DivyaMeena: It seems not all assets are supported properly. If you need some specific model, you better try to find it manually without exporting all assets at ones, and then export only that required model.

It's kind of strange though, that asset with error seems like skeletal mesh, but common skeletal meshes are working fine even with  latest game version, but this particular mesh is not. I'll upload it and some working mesh for future references: link

i actually wanted to just export the ones i needed only but as i couldn't find them i tried to export all and was stuck here, THO! right now i randomly searched for the keyword *sword* and a few new category appeared named DLC_theName i exported them just to see mayeb they're the one and omg they were the one, once again tysm for your help! finally done with this project Cheesy

* echo_01_02.png (41.81 KB, 710x668 - viewed 209 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2023, 03:45 »

The following issues should be fixed in specific build from this topic with existing override option (tested only on steam version of the game):
- Loading assets from packages without extracting them, including full scan / batch export
- Some skeletal meshes, which previously crashed
- Proper loading of hi-res textures and some materials

* Clipboard01.jpg (100.65 KB, 2549x1242 - viewed 56 times.)

* Clipboard02.jpg (130.65 KB, 2538x1237 - viewed 34 times.)
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: