March 29, 2024, 03:44
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: SoulCalibur 6  (Read 19659 times)
Spectator Sly

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2019, 22:20 »

These were tested and verified using the most recent version of Umodel (22 June, 2019). I generally check the downloads page weekly to see if anything's updated.

I'll ask some others to see if they're using a recent version.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2019, 22:27 »

I'll need a sample then, I'll see if there's some core UE4 feature which I'm missed. Hopefully this is not "animation retargetting" because I'm not going to support it soon. The sample from the 2nd post is useless because it has incomplete data.
Spectator Sly

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2019, 22:58 »

Okay, here are the three pieces I used for examples: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrmj7ma21zona7q/ArmpieceSamples.zip?dl=0

It should include the saved UE4 packages and the exported materials/textures/PSK meshes in the 'Creation' folders.

Let me know if there's something I've missed and/or if you need anything else.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2019, 00:00 »

I'm checking these hand meshes. It is very hard to say if they has really bad skeleton or not, it entirely depends on animation - which is not usable (as it is custom for this game). I don't see any special data which might affect bone positions. Scales are supported, positions are correct (there's no way to make a mistake there). It is possible that the game retargets animation to a different skeleton. Or animation may be adjusted for distorted skeleton.

Regarding mesh scale. Scale is fully supported: https://trello.com/c/GqgldLy2/126-mesh-translation-rotation-scale
However, NON-UNIFORM scale shouldn't work. If this game uses different scale values over different axes, this simply won't work. It is possible that the bone has scale just for (say) X axis.

However, I've reviewed meshes in debug build of UModel, there's no scales on those meshes, which could be unsupported. So, UModel displays and exports data "as is", exactly what the game has. So I think that probably meshes has bugs themselves (even AAA game artists are not ideal developers, everyone makes mistakes). As I said before, there are many ways of fixing issues in UnrealEd itself, plus they have custom animation system which might have different solution.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 00:12 by Gildor » Logged
Spectator Sly

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2019, 01:07 »

Hmm, I see... Well, thanks for your insight and analysis on this. For the time being, I'll translate the hand bones on the x-axis back into place and see what that does.

I've talked with a few guys in the SCVI modding scene about it, and they all seem to not bother with any armpiece mods because of this, so I've just found it a bit annoying and wasn't sure what could be the root cause.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 01:10 by Spectator Sly » Logged
jones45

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2019, 01:13 »

So, the scale is uniform within each bone, however the scale is not uniform across all bones. If you look here you can see some notes about the actual scales of each bone. When these meshes are imported into 3DS Max, they are stated to have a scale of "1.0", which is inaccurate. It's why we have to scale things down by 10, or import at various scales depending on which parts of the skeleton the armor is rigged to, in order to have appropriate scale in game. This creates problems with regard to physics as well as scaling, and we are left to sacrifice one over the other.

I looked at a debug version of umodel. I think there is some error in UnAnim4.ccp where it "Adjust other bones" using "CVT(Transform.Translation).Scale(Scale);" It should set all these bones using the actual scales if you want it to fit the mesh but it doesn't. This is why it looks like it fits but the hands and other stuff are off. If I disable this scale adjustment function I can just manually input all the actual scale data like you linked to and it fits perfectly into the mesh. If this function is fixed it would output a skeleton and mesh that is perfectly skinned with all scales at 1.0.

I haven't tried modding this game but would that mean that the tiny unscaled unajusted skeleton is the correct model that should go back into the game and it you want to adjust it externally you need these debug values?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2019, 11:22 »

Some information about "debug mode" is available in readme.md. In general, building UModel from VS Code always does debug build.
jones45

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2019, 00:29 »

I believe what you are saying is correct, yes. Can you point me in the direction of utilizing umodel in the way you are so that I can access the debug mode and input the correct scale values myself to see? The model should be tiny. It would match up with the rest of the lazy practices that project soul has used-- it's literally just the SCV skeleton with some scaling on it.

Once you get the code running in VS Code you can uncomment "define DEBUG_SKELMESH 1" to see the scale for each bone or write your own print function.

I did try hardcode a few bones in Umodel but I couldn't get it to work. Bones like UPPER_SCALE__group and HAND_L_SCALE__group usually have the same scale across all models. If I could figure out how to hardcode these adjustments the function could be fixed

What I did instead is:
>Exported the unscaled tiny skeleton model into blender from 3dsMax.
>unparent the mesh
>input all the scale values for the bones in pose mode
>apply all the scales
>reparent the mesh with empty groups
This creates a binding with no problems at all. You could write a python script to do this automatically and just copy and paste the scale values umodel prints out into it.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2019, 11:14 »

I've reviewed how UModel does scaling for UE4 models (just didn't remember things).

There are 2 kinds of "scale" in Unreal. Firstly, the scale of model in 3ds Max or other modeling software. Geometry data in uasset are stored in THIS scale. However designer later may add scale for already imported mesh, which is stored in Skeleton. It allows to adjust bone scales etc. UModel does these adjustments as well, I'm not sure how correct it is - but at least for most games it's ok. The adjustment is done only to ANIMATION, i.e. mesh itself is not changed. BONE scale is applied only to position, geometry itself is not scaled. ROOT BONE scale is applied to a mesh when viewing, it is not exported at all.
Dr.Runback

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2021, 06:02 »

Quick question

How would one go about ripping a viewing and/or ripping a CAS model for a character using Umodel, UE viewer, etc. I've heard many responses ranging from "It's impossible" to "It only works with [blank] technique" and wanted to get some expert opinions

PS: Ninjaripper + Noesis would be the go-to "have you tried..." answer but I've already tried to use it. It extracts meshes and stuff as .dds files but doesn't seem to be able to combine and compile them
SCArkadia

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2022, 15:44 »

Main characters in folder SoulcaliburVI/Content/Chara
001: Heishiro Mitsurugi
002: Seong Mi-na
003: Taki
004: Maxi
005: Voldo
006: Sophitia Alexandra
007: Siegfried
00b: Isabella "Ivy" Valentine
00c: Kilik
00d: Chai Xianghua
00f: Yoshimitsu
011: Nightmare
012: Astaroth
013: Inferno
014: Cervantes de León
015: Raphael Sorel
016: Talim
023: Tira
024: Zasalamel
062: Grøh
064: Azwel
065: Geralt of Rivia
066: Lizardman aka Aeon_Calcos

Thanks Gildor for this awesome tool! Also could you set "Anim" in the UE Viewer Compatibility Table to "No" because animations are like Tekken 7 not found yet and I was hopeful to get the animations of Soul Calibur series like forever since Soul Calibur 4 ten years ago and nobody has cracked that yet, only meshes and textures. Hopefully someone will find them in the future...

Edit:
How do you extract sound from .pak, for example "SoulcaliburVI/Content/Demo/DEM_CHR_00b_010_A/Sound/E_VO_CHR_00B_A.uasset" (Isabella Ivy Valentine english voice)?
I exported via Tools > Save Selected Packages and here's a link to sample of audio files:
https://www99.zippyshare.com/v/7EXePgwH/file.html

Thanks for this list mate. Do you happen to know where 2B file is?
Seraphim1990

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2023, 10:47 »

Anyone knows how to bake the textures from SC6 or let UE viewer successful export the textures just like how they are presented in game? I was able to extract textures but they are all in grey color.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: