March 28, 2024, 23:14
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Trying to extract/view Stages from Mortal Kombat X Mobile  (Read 1710 times)
RagDas

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2019, 19:12 »

Hi all, I'm completely new to this, so forgive me for expressing everything in layman's terms.

So I've been trying to extract a particular texture from Mortal Kombat X on Mobile. Specifically, it's the background sprites of Rain and Blaze (the two ninjas in the background) seen in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kYXm_EoV1c

I have identified this stage (The Pit) in the "UDKGame" folder shown in UE Viewer as the following packages:

TP_A_Audio.xxx
TP_A_CineHid.xxx
TP_A_Design.xxx
TP_A_DynLighting.xxx
TP_A_Floor.xxx
TP_A_FX_Hi.xxx
TP_A_FX_Main.xxx
TP_A_Main_Art.xxx

When I open up these packages, I can open up meshes, albeit without textures. Textures themselves only appear as multicolored squares with the message it being a bad texture with no mipmaps. I have seen on another post that I'm missing some kind of mechanism for the Material to be assigned to a Mesh. I am not sure what the best solution is. I am stuck in trying to figure out how to view the sprites, as I feel that in order for the sprites to be visible, I need the meshes to be set in place first (I could be totally off base here). The .tga files that get extracted if I use the export feature are all 1x1 as well, if that has any diagnostic value.

I apologize if this is a question that already has a standard solution. I hope to learn how to approach this the correct way (or if this is something any of you can do with ease, that would be greatly appreciated).

Thank you all for your time.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 19:15 by RagDas » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 20:56 »

Hi.
There are several things where people doing mistakes when opening mobile version of Mortal Kombat games.
1, Overriding the game - in this case umodel will crash somewhere.
2. Using wrong version of Android game.

I'll explain a "wrong version of Android game". There are several hardware Android platforms available, with different texture formats. DXT (Tegra etc), ETC and ATI. "ATI" format is not supported because ATI never released any specifications to their algorithm. If you'll look at log with more attention, most likely you'll notice a message about unsupported texture compression format.

So, what you can do? In a place where you've downloaded the game, get files for ANOTHER platform.
RagDas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 21:08 »

Would you recommend downloading the DXT version of MKX Mobile instead? I'll see if I can get my hands on an iOS version as well. I don't have an iTunes account, but hopefully there's a way!)

As for crashes, I've not had UModel do that at any point (luckily). I'll let you know if I run into that kind of issue.

Thanks for the help so far.

EDIT: So I've done what you've asked, and achieved far more success than I have so far. What I understand from this is that the Blaze sprite is a version of the Rain sprite. The current challenge is that the Blaze sprite uses a different palette. Do you think there is a way to access this palette in some way?

https://i.imgur.com/W9VFXkk.png
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 22:20 by RagDas » Logged
Suslik

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 03:39 »

I would recommend you to download latest version from Google Play. It was ported to UE 4.19 and works perfectly with latest Umodel version.
RagDas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 15:42 »

The current version is 2.00, which I downloaded for Tegra. I can see most of what I need to, but so far my job is only halfway done, as I haven't been able to solve the issue of the palettes, nor have I been able to find out where Blaze's flames come from. I'm still going through it and trying to figure it out. I suspect there may be something in BGND_ThePit_A_Base.xxx, but for some reason, after scrolling down a few files inside the package, umodel crashes.
Suslik

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 00:10 »

Now that is strange. I have it downloaded directly from google play and it extracts perfectly. With all the textures intact. Just had to override engine settings with UE4 v4.19.
RagDas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 10:30 »

Now that is strange. I have it downloaded directly from google play and it extracts perfectly. With all the textures intact. Just had to override engine settings with UE4 v4.19.

Which version of MKX are you using (Adreno, Tegra, etc.)? I tried using the override with UE 4.19, but it crashes before I can view the results. I'll try with higher or lower versions in case something changes.

Out of curiosity, have you been able to view the Blaze sprite at all? I come across two files with the name "The_Pit_Blaze_3x3", but they're both sprites of Rain, with one having a transparent background and one having a solid black background.

EDIT: So from experimenting, I can only access the contents using UE 4.0, which gives me the same results as what I achieved beforehand. I'll see what else I can do in the meantime.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 10:44 by RagDas » Logged
Suslik

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 15:23 »

This one? As for version IDK. I have Huawei smartphone if that'll help you.

* the_pit_blaze_3x3_fx.jpg (31.23 KB, 512x512 - viewed 271 times.)
RagDas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 15:25 »

This one? As for version IDK. I have Huawei smartphone if that'll help you.

Yep, that's the one I captured. I'm just not sure how MKX gives that sprite an alternate orange palette and flame effects. None of the ones in the "TP_A" files seem to fit. The problematic package for me that I'm curious about is "BGND_ThePit_A_Base.xxx". Could you check to see if anything comes up in there at all?
Suslik

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 15:32 »

My guess is you're using old UE3 cache. New one used UE4 and called "mkmobile-android_etc2.pak" File you're mentioned is missing from it. Also if you have Skype, call me on "mad_le_zisell" (mic is necessary), i'll explain it to you personally.
vinhpt

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2019, 06:10 »

I do not know is this bug or not but UModel error with Materials .uasset or Textures files but work ok with Mesh .uasset files
I use Mortal Kombat Mobile 2.1.2 .obb (android) file with UE4 4.20

But UModel work ok with Mortal Kombat Mobile 2.1.2 .ipa (ios) file with UE4 2.19

(you can get .obb file by using https://apkgk.com/APK-Downloader)
(you can get .ipa file by using https://imazing.com/)
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: