March 29, 2024, 15:07
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [PS4] Days Gone  (Read 9483 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2021, 22:55 »

@VendorX: Almost all consoles are using their own algorithms for texture swizzling. So you should decompress and unswizzle them. You can take a look at current implementation for PS4 in umodel by looking for "SUPPORT_PS4" in UnTexture.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2021, 08:36 »

Textures are exported in ExportTexture.cpp, see CTextureExportWorker class. It has different callback functions, depending on target format - e.g. ExportPNG_Worker. The function loads the texture from disk, performs unswizzling when needed (e.g. for PS4 texture) - this is done in class' "operator()()" - it opens the file, calls "TexData.Decompress" (if not saving the compressed DDS), then executes callback "Func()" for encoding the destination file and saving it to disk. Texture loading and unswizzling is done in UTexture2D::GetTextureData(), the function is shared between UE3 and UE4 (UnTexture3.cpp file).
VendorX

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2021, 22:11 »

Thx guys. I've checked your source code and end up with the same conclusion.
Anyway, I found a second app to export DG textures and exported image doesn't have artifacts like from your app.
So I assume, PS4 is using some kind of coustom swizling - not the regular one. Cause from the looking at those two images (attachement) you guys are using two different code for unswizzling.

BTW: why PNG? TGA isn't better? ... or even (faster) strade back to DDS.

* moss01_co_bc7.jpg (122.82 KB, 512x512 - viewed 176 times.)

* moss01_co_png.jpg (167.54 KB, 512x512 - viewed 177 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2021, 00:37 »

@VendorX: No issues with exporting BC7 textures from the game to png or tga with latest umodel here (samples). Maybe it happens only with some particular textures - if so, you can submit them for better understanding (extracted/saved assets, not exported ones).
Basically, umodel can export to dds as well, but it doesn't work for swizzled textures, they can be exported only to png/tga. Not sure if it's by design or just unimplemented feature.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 00:44 by spiritovod » Logged
VendorX

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2021, 03:13 »

Engine Version: 4.13.34
moss01_co.uasset

Having an option to which format can be extracted (PNG or TGA) would be great.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2021, 03:57 »

@VendorX: Use proper override settings (Unreal 4 -> Days Gone + Platform: PS4). And you can choose desired format for exported textures in the export options.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2021, 08:57 »

BTW: why PNG? TGA isn't better? ... or even (faster) strade back to DDS.
TGA is not widely supported in software, PNG is more common. PNG takes much less space. DDS is better - fastest export (no transcoding), no quality loss, but you can't import it into UE4.
VendorX

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2021, 22:54 »

I've broke down the guys app and d end up with unswizzle for PS3 PS4 and Switch code, so if you guys need I can share it. Have also for Xbox (ARGB) ...

BTW: DDS is already lossy, so turning it to PNG will go even further with quality degradation. TGA in contrary, will keep 1 to 1 DDS quality ... and nowadays, most of the apps can load it - Unreal Engine include (it could from the beginning).

cya
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2021, 18:14 »

PC version works fine with latest umodel build and specific override option. Some materials are custom. It's highly recommended to open "paks" and "sfpaks" folders separately in umodel, otherwise there will be issues with proper textures loading in many cases.

Update: Fix for some umaps is added to specific build from this topic. Use it with existing game specific override, if you want to perform full scan or animations search on the whole folders/packages.

* Clipboard02.jpg (157.84 KB, 2552x1235 - viewed 335 times.)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 01:19 by spiritovod » Logged
lolwat
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2021, 05:10 »

PC version works fine with latest umodel build and specific override option. Some materials are custom and you can't scan/export whole  packages, since particular assets will crash umodel (some umaps). If you want to preview animations, you can simply add them with append option and they'll work just fine.

I just figured out the game came out to PC and you already tested it. hahaha
Did you notice any improvements from the PS4 version? Like texture size or model quality?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2021, 13:35 »

@lolwat: PC version obviously has better textures, but the rest seems the same as in console version. I doubt there is real difference between those versions except effects, particles and such, which is not covered by umodel.   
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2021, 13:25 »

Liking the PC port, I get easily a average of 80fps @ 1440p at High Settings, finally get to play it since I don't own a Playstation Cheesy.

Now might be able to re-attempt the material setups in Blender, since I can actually see the models ingame now, and Photo Mode ftw!.

Blender + Linux User Here.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2021, 13:25 »

Regarding the PC version of the game: so that there are no texture reading errors (for example, a 64x64 texture on a model). You must run umodel from the folder with the main game archive i.e. BendGame-WindowsNoEditor.pak then the textures are read correctly and will already be 1024x1024 or more. Good luck.

MARK2580
Tosyk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2021, 03:24 »

what's going on with animations here? how to solve this?

Umodel  |  3ds max  |  Blender

here's the files (head and animation):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vzJJp8-gJ6mrAjt5R9faqTd4aNG0rVJa/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 03:28 by Tosyk » Logged

Коллекционирую игровые модели.
my blog - http://cgig.ru
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2021, 10:41 »

This model exported to glTF looks fine. Can't verify psk export - I don't have any modeling software installed.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: