Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Retargeting extracted animations  (Read 2378 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Retargeting extracted animations
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2021, 10:55 »

I'm working on this over past 2-3 days. No progress. I've improved retargeting (added older retargeting modes), but it didn't help. Looking at data I can say that there's L_leg_EX bone which corrupts the pose. This bone is NOT animated, i.e. it's always in T-pose. Probably it is animated in a different way, e.g. with additive animation or procedurally.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2021, 11:17 »

It also appears that data is corrupted in some way. For instance, if I'll select the mesh you mentioned, and press Ctrl+A - UModel will crash when loading one of the animation tracks. Trying to bypass the crash - it will crash in another place.
RedBear

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2021, 12:21 »

It also appears that data is corrupted in some way.
Do you think the data was corrupted while extracting with QuickBMS?
I can try to extract the data you want with your UModel, if you need it.
Just write the names of the files you need for the tests.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 12:22 by RedBear » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2021, 12:26 »

Do you think the data was corrupted while extracting with QuickBMS?
Probably there are multiple pak files, and QuickBMS script just extracts them in a wrong order, so OLDER file overwrites the NEW one.
I can try to extract the data you want with your UModel, if you need it.
You can just open that player mesh (using UModel + pak files) and press Ctrl+A, then see if it will crash or not.
RedBear

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2021, 12:37 »

Probably there are multiple pak files, and QuickBMS script just extracts them in a wrong order, so OLDER file overwrites the NEW one.
There is only one file here which is called HeroGame-WindowsNoEditor_0_P.pak (6,93GB)
You can just open that player mesh (using UModel + pak files) and press Ctrl+A, then see if it will crash or not.
Right now I opened the model, which is in my screenshot above, pressed Ctrl+A and UModel found and loaded 5101 animations. No crashes.

PS: I started uploading files extracted with UModel to my cloud. It may take a day. Sad
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 13:50 by RedBear » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2021, 15:33 »

It would be much easier and faster if you'd upload just Content/Character/Player, and there - only Pl12 and Common.
RedBear

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2021, 13:08 »

Ok, files extracted with UModel are uploaded. The link is the same. I hope that now UModel will not crash.

It also appears that data is corrupted in some way. For instance, if I'll select the mesh you mentioned, and press Ctrl+A - UModel will crash when loading one of the animation tracks. Trying to bypass the crash - it will crash in another place.
Strangely, I compared both SK_pl12_000.uasset and SK_pl12_000.uexp files extracted with UModel and QuickBMS and they are absolutely identical. It turns out that the files extracted with QuickBMS are not corrupted or am I looking in the wrong place?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 13:21 by RedBear » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2021, 09:36 »

For me, at011_AttackAir1 is corrupted. May be some other assets too. Also, when extracting the 20Gb zip file, some files were signaled to have wrong CRC.
Dreadfred
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2021, 21:54 »

Old but good (for original question or anyone else).
Jump to: