Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Gears 5  (Read 12939 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
Re: Gears 5
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2021, 17:58 »

@nexus264: Honestly, I didn't expect that the stub will somehow work for bulk data as well. Could you share some samples of working and non-working textures here or via PM (including those with ubulk0 and without them, if possible)? I'll take a look, maybe it's possible to support them without breaking batch scan, at least partially. Thanks in advance.
nexus264

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2021, 18:13 »

@nexus264: Honestly, I didn't expect that the stub will somehow work for bulk data as well. Could you share some samples of working and non-working textures here or via PM (including those with ubulk0 and without them, if possible)? I'll take a look, maybe it's possible to support them without breaking batch scan, at least partially. Thanks in advance.

ok  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1brrdTnLrMP5ripGsnahUQ0Jge1fXm3RE/view?usp=sharing
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2021, 06:52 »

@nexus264: Specific build is updated to v3, it now supports those kind of textures. It appeared that unknown fields in textures were related to ability to skip mips - they can be addressed in bulk headers, but totally missed from actual data. Also, updated build can handle ubulk0 files directly without renaming.
Though there is still a minor issue with those textures, which may be fixed later. Feel free to report other issues like that with samples of problematic assets.

Update: Disregard that, specific build is reverted back to v2 until proper extraction with full paths and files will be possible.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 23:28 by spiritovod » Logged
nexus264

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2021, 11:52 »

@nexus264: Specific build is updated to v3, it now supports those kind of textures. It appeared that unknown fields in textures were related to ability to skip mips - they can be addressed in bulk headers, but totally missed from actual data. Also, updated build can handle ubulk0 files directly without renaming.
Though there is still a minor issue with those textures, which may be fixed later. Feel free to report other issues like that with samples of problematic assets.

Hey! Thanks for your hard work. But here are new problems.

Loading object Texture2D'hero_delarmoredg5_mat00_head_ab.hero_delarmoredg5_mat00_head_ab' ********
*** ERROR: assertion failed: Ar.Tell() == SkipOffset

UTexture2D::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject: Texture2D'hero_delarmoredg5_mat00_head_ab.hero_delarmoredg5_mat00_head_ab', pos=3F1, ver=502/67, game=ue4.11 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: Customization_CharacterSkins.b2container/Hero_DelArmoredCadet_Cine01.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- CUmodelApp::ProcessKey: key=6F, down=1 <- VisualizerLoop <- Main: umodel_build=1544 based

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uMEdDoR6LcL0zUoP4EzLtcTRPJnvuAOF/view?usp=sharing

This error occurs when trying to open the model of any character
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 14:06 by nexus264 » Logged
nexus264

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2021, 16:12 »

Full samples including model files.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z-eUkm_baJRyHgqQBFAo32brrbg7adcJ/view?usp=sharing
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2021, 18:18 »

@nexus264: Thanks for samples, I finally got idea behind textures. They can use multiple ubulk files at ones, for example ubulk0/ubulk1/ubulk2 and address them on per-mip level. umodel is not designed for such approach, so I'll revert specific build to previous version for now - when it will be possible to extract all files with proper paths, I could investigate it further. At the moment selective loading of mips depending on present ubulks seems problematic, but if all files are present, it'll be possible to load biggest mip only, like in case with Crackdown 3.   
Illian

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2022, 08:48 »

Am I the only person who has tried Tactics? It works on G5 (I got around memory allocation error on the Launch container by using older Quick BMS for some reason), and on some Tactics it works too, but not Launch where all the useful stuff is, I get the attached error.

* Untitled_error_temp.png (30.08 KB, 975x393 - viewed 158 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2022, 13:55 »

@Illian:
If you have questions about this particular script, please ask them at zenhax forum in the linked topic.
ClaimedInfinity

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2023, 09:48 »

Specific build above is updated to v2. It should now support all compatible assets, but most animations will be partially broken anyway (though maybe eventually they'll be fixed).

Sorry for necro but broken how?
I cannot even load character animations because of fatal error. It says  "unknown translation compression method". But I've seen someone open it on Discord (with wrong translations but this is easy to fix if you have maya)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 09:53 by ClaimedInfinity » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2023, 20:37 »

@ClaimedInfinity: Broken as in "they're not supposed to work". If I remember correctly, they're using two non-standard compression schemes and only stub for the first one was added back then - it may causing errors, but some animations of that type could be loaded anyway. The second scheme will crash umodel. I guess somebody found a partially working type.
ClaimedInfinity

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2023, 07:25 »

@ClaimedInfinity: Broken as in "they're not supposed to work". If I remember correctly, they're using two non-standard compression schemes and only stub for the first one was added back then

Ok, any tips on where should I start and what tools to use to figure out the compression method? Is it hard, meaning "worth the trouble"? Looking on anim names I can tell that they added some transitional animations that are absent in Gears 4.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2023, 19:49 »

@ClaimedInfinity: Considering that I hardly understand how they work in general (to try to guess something from raw data or game code), I can't help much.
GameBreaker

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2024, 20:30 »

He, so in me trying to understand how the textures work in order to get them out better and understand how the game shades everything to just be able to have something similar in Blender, I was wanting to hook into and debug the game to see if their was anything that might help in that endevour, so I looked up how to bypass the EAC protections in order to do so, and so I found this link:

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/3042#issuecomment-1046904681

I do not know how much this will help others, but it worked for me without issue, and it seems like barely anything the game does that I was messing with relies on an EAC protected connection, so if this helps dump the exe better or just debug the exe better, hopefully this helps others out.
bmsjunkie

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2024, 08:57 »

The official OST for Gears Tactics doesn't even include the best tracks, which inspired me to try quickbms and hope, but I got the same error Illian did. Scouts honor that if anyone figures it out, I'll give ya the cost of the album. I'm too stupid to even have a chance. The raw extract bms does work, and if I knew what format the songs are in, I could try and play files that seem the right size, but I don't know what format they are in. Anyone here know what they are for gears 5?
Jump to: