March 29, 2024, 00:26
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts III  (Read 13741 times)
Vladabdf

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2019, 06:48 »

If possible, I would like umodel support for Kingdom Hearts III. Here is all the information I know of regarding the game's files:
This is the PS4 version and it appears to be using UE4 version 4.18, as umodel can extract materials just fine with that version while other selected ones give errors. The contents of the models seem to be located within the .uexp (or .ubulk?) files themselves with the .uassets just pointing to said .uexp/.ubulk files. The only things umodel can currently grab from these .uassets are materials (but not all of them) and maps. It cannot get skeletal models, animations, or character models themselves.
Here is a thread from the Xentax forum with some information on the files: https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21066
Here is an archive with some model samples, which include all their necessary .uasset/.ubulk/.uexp files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1feoncIkoE-uHn3EeQl4ck7qDkPUYx6wg
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 10:38 by Vladabdf » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 13:22 »

Added support for this game. Requires game override and selecting "PS4" platform. For command line this means: -game=kh3 -ps4.

I've successfully tested it with provided assets: there are skeletal meshes, animations and textures. Static meshes weren't in archive, so I have no idea if it works or not.

Mandalorian
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 19:23 »

fantastic work Gildor!!
Cyborg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 22:26 »

A lot of assets have problems, unrecognized or missing materials, broken animations and such, also it crashes.
******** Loading object SkeletalMesh4'n_ca201_0.n_ca201_0' ********

ERROR: Memory: bad allocation size -2136075160 bytes
appMalloc:size=-2136075160 (total=145 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty:-1105154694 x 68 <- TArray::Serialize:0/0 <- FSkelMeshSection4<< <- TArray::Serialize:4/13 <- FStaticLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/4 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'n_ca201_0.n_ca201_0', pos=1309E, ver=513/0 (unversioned), game=kh3 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:n_ca201_0 <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- CUmodelApp::ProcessKey:key=6F, down=1 <- VisualizerLoop <- Main:umodel_build=1105

I can report though that static meshes i have tried load ok, but issues remain it seems material related, or could be wrong UVs, not really sure.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 22:29 by Cyborg » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 22:40 »

For this game, I didn't do reverse engineering. Usually I'm using game executable file to find asset loading code and to understand differences. For PS4 it is not possible (at least to me). So I guessed file formats instead, tried to understand changes. It works fine with all files with I have, and I suppose it's quite possible that something else may crash. I've spent half of a day for it, and I'd prefer to not waste more of my free time for this.
Vladabdf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 09:13 »

Awesome! I'm so grateful you added in support for the game! However, I have noticed a few of things. These models tend to have up to three UV channels, and exporting via umodel doesn't carry that over. Additionally, UVs tend to be flipped vertically (they're upside down). Other than that though, it works beautifully.
Again, thank you so much for adding KH3 support!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 10:41 »

UModel doesn't have a bug with UV export - it exports things as is, without stripping 2 UVs and without any flipping.

Regarding static mesh support, I've been asked about it. If anyone could provide me a number of sample meshes (ideally with materials and textures), I could try to add support for them.
Vladabdf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 11:04 »

You're right. It appears to be a problem related to the PSK importer I'm currently using with Blender.
As for static meshes, these should suffice. There are also some things included here that umodel still cannot open fully. Viewing works for some but exporting does not. Example: ./bt/uasset/Sky/SKY_bt04PR_Cloudy_EXR.uasset
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 11:12 by Vladabdf » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 12:30 »

I see that static meshes from the provided files are fully viewable and exportable, so I've updated the compatibility table marking the game as fully supported.
Regarding crash with single texture. There was a restriction in UModel not allowing to allocate a single memory block larger than 256Mb, but this texture required 512Mb. I've increased this restriction, so texture could be exported with no problem. For testing I've exported ALL files which I have (new and old ones), no problems appeared to me.
xiao_qu

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 06:10 »

How to get PS4 games?
Sekki

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 10:06 »

fantastic work Gildor!!

Is there a tutorial, how i get the game on pc? I have the disc, but i don't know if i can dump it that easily. Or is there probably a download for the files?
Vladabdf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2020, 19:44 »

I have a .uasset file which contains SwfMovie, which I know for 100% certain has multiple font files within. I've searched and nothing I found yields any results. My command line argument is as follows:
umodel -dump "TresFont.uasset" -all -path=A:\KH3\UI\Scaleform\91_font\ -out=A:\export\
I have also replaced -all with -3rdparty to no avail. As far as I can tell, this syntax is correct, yet I am greeted with this information. What am I doing wrong?

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 20:24 »

1. I believe you'll never need "-dump" option, it is not useful for most people.
2. -3rdparty option should work, but only for UE3. For UE4 games SwfMovie class will not be loaded.
Vladabdf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2020, 09:38 »

So there is nothing I can do to extract the SwfMovie from this file? I've searched everywhere but found nothing conclusive.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2020, 11:10 »

This is a non-standard engine class with unknown content inside.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: