March 29, 2024, 01:06
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 15525 times)
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2019, 16:44 »

How exactly did you separate them out? All the gun parts for say DHAL smg are bunched up together in a single file :-( It is a pain to figure out separate parts. Has anyone figured this out?

For textures, it is the same. Single texture contains the data for every possible part of the gun type per manufacturer. Are you not bale to extract the textures? I can extract the textures for e.g. (jacobs)

Texture2D'/Game/Gear/Weapons/Pistols/Jakobs/_Shared/Model/Textures/T_PS_JAK_C.T_PS_JAK_C
Texture2D'/Game/Gear/Weapons/Pistols/Jakobs/_Shared/Model/Textures/T_PS_JAK_N.T_PS_JAK_N
Texture2D'/Game/Gear/Weapons/_Shared/Textures/Inks/T_Weap_Inks_C_2.T_Weap_Inks_C_2

I finally managed to get the DAHL smg part cluster exported and separated manually, but now I really want to texture them since the uv maps are still in tact. I have had no luck getting the textures though. I keep crashing no matter what texture I am viewing.

So has anyone had any luck exporting those yet or do I have to wait more for that?
Redotix99

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2019, 17:07 »

OH yeah I did manage to extract them. I was using the wrong unreal version so it kept crashing. So to answer your question: I used blender to separate the parts. I am not sure if theres another plugin that can do this but I personally used the CATS plugin (a plugin with a bunch of tools for importing models for VRchat). The plugin can separate the model by "loose parts" (pretty much makes every thing thats not connected on the uv map a new model. This separates the model in to 300 or so parts that I had to merge together again in to all the parts. ( for example one stock was made out of 10 models like screws and details like that).
RedBear

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2019, 18:24 »

Hi, guys.
Are you talking about that all the gun parts was separeted in Umodel Viewer,
but all of them was bunched up together in a single PSK file after exporting?
If so, you can easily separate them again through Noesis (video).
If not, I apologize for interfering in your conversation. Smiley
Redotix99

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2019, 20:18 »

Actually. They are always just a cluster in umodel viewer or after exporting. so it has to be done manually to my knowledge
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2019, 00:21 »

You are right on topic :-) I watched the video and tried using Noesis to open the psk file. Unfortunately Noesis can't preview the file and when I try to export it gives me

'Detected file type: Unreal ActorX Model
ERROR: PSK did not contain any valid geometry chunks.'

Umodel exports the weapon models as .pskx (even though they have a skeleton?) I rename them as .psk (I can then import them to Blender). But as I mentioned earlier in Blender everything shows up as a single object with all the parts bunched up. Was hoping that the Noesis export to FBX will seperate the meshes out...

Hi, guys.
Are you talking about that all the gun parts was separeted in Umodel Viewer,
but all of them was bunched up together in a single PSK file after exporting?
If so, you can easily separate them again through Noesis (video).
If not, I apologize for interfering in your conversation. Smiley
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2019, 00:28 »

Thanks mate! that worked....now like u said I have 100s of parts to sort through to 'assemble' the gun! lol

OH yeah I did manage to extract them. I was using the wrong unreal version so it kept crashing. So to answer your question: I used blender to separate the parts. I am not sure if theres another plugin that can do this but I personally used the CATS plugin (a plugin with a bunch of tools for importing models for VRchat). The plugin can separate the model by "loose parts" (pretty much makes every thing thats not connected on the uv map a new model. This separates the model in to 300 or so parts that I had to merge together again in to all the parts. ( for example one stock was made out of 10 models like screws and details like that).
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2019, 07:44 »

If yous use Blender, can do the same in that (separate by loose parts).

Blender + Linux User Here.
Redotix99

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2019, 10:28 »

oh great, I wasnt aware thats its a feature in blender. I am too used to using that plugin for everything lol
Obsyden

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2019, 11:52 »

Has anyone successfully extracted audio yet?
Brochacho

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2019, 16:27 »

Does anyone know where Mouthpiece is? I can't find his mask or shield anywhere
Brochacho

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2019, 16:48 »

I found the Mouthpiece mask but trying to open/export the mesh just gives a fatal error and closes everything, is there any way to fix this?
Vulcan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2019, 20:16 »

I found the Mouthpiece mask but trying to open/export the mesh just gives a fatal error and closes everything, is there any way to fix this?

Both his shield and mask are static mesh files, as of right now umodel can't view or export those.
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2019, 11:44 »

Thanks for pointing that out! I use separate by selection quite a lot but never noticed the option to separate by loose parts!

If yous use Blender, can do the same in that (separate by loose parts).

mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2019, 17:49 »

Both his shield and mask are static mesh files, as of right now umodel can't view or export those.
It seems that we will never wait for the support of static BL3 meshes, as well as from the sequel and KF2.

MARK2580
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2019, 03:19 »

It seems that we will never wait for the support of static BL3 meshes, as well as from the sequel and KF2.

Y'know I want the static meshes as much as anyone else, but uh, gildor does have a life, you know. It's not like this is all he ever does. He'll get to it when he gets to it, just be patient.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: