March 28, 2024, 18:33
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 15474 times)
Kabalstein03
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2020, 00:14 »

I hope it is not too late to bring this up, but lot of people might've noticed that the Main Playable Characters haven't been ported out anywhere, because 1, we have to paint them up with their respective colors and 2, anyone who has tried to do so has come across this problem.

So there are this "Colorize_Array" textures that for some reason, cannot be viewed, or extracted. I have managed to save them on a folder, and even tried to put them through "Rawtex", but at the end they always come out very bad.

I'm gonna provide them here if Gildor or anyone would like to check them out:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/n7bdxeewef934vh/Beastmaster_Colorize_Array.zip/file

I know it's been quite a hassle to provide support for this game, but i hope there is something that can be done.

* Capture.PNG (50 KB, 751x585 - viewed 241 times.)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2020, 01:47 »

I've inspected the provided assets. They have Texture2DArray objects. Seems these are collections of textures. UE4 has Texture2DArray support, however it appeared only in UE4.24, while Borderlands 3 is based on UE4.20. So, their implementation is non-standard, and doing support this for just one game will cause a lot of mess.
Kabalstein03
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2020, 07:25 »

I guess you would only do it if, any other game does a similar thing then?
If it helps, i would be happy to donate to your cause, i really appreciate how much you have done over the years with this program, and i hope to see more for games to come.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2020, 09:41 »

I guess you would only do it if, any other game does a similar thing then?
Exactly.
If it helps, i would be happy to donate to your cause ...
I do not work for donation. The donation should be only the kind of "thank you", but not "I paid you for your work".
Kabalstein03
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2020, 11:16 »

Well, my apologies, i thought it could motivate you to do this one thing, but i understand if it's too difficult, or, whatever reason you might have.
I'll still give you a donation regardless.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2020, 15:36 »

Thank you for understanding, and for donation.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2020, 17:05 »

Yes, I myself came across this problem. The only way to use Rawtex but, as mentioned above, this program very mediocre understands the local format. But many do not stop the absence of masks and they are painted manually by the screenshots of the game.

MARK2580
Umutkrdgg

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2020, 15:21 »

I am trying to export some static and skeletal mesh but cant work for me
-I just checked static and skeletal meshes
-tryed 4.16-4.19-4.20-4.24 on ue version
this is the error
Memory bad allocation size 1719795520 bytes
appMalloc:size=1719795520 (total=111 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty:-1181040648 x 24 <- TArray::Serialize:0/0 <- FStaticMeshLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize:1/2 <- UStaticMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:StaticMesh4'SM_Troy_Sword.SM_Troy_Sword', pos=204B, ver=518/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.24 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:SM_Troy_Sword <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1183

i read all thread but cant find any error like me. sorry if i miss

Edit1: İ tryed differrent aes key and error is changed

RawArray item size mismatch: expected 0, serialized 5

SerializeBulkArray <- FRawStaticIndexBuffer4<< <- FStaticMeshLODModel4::SerializeBuffersLegacy <- FStaticMeshLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/2 <- UStaticMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:StaticMesh4'SM_Troy_Sword.SM_Troy_Sword', pos=1071A, ver=516/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.20 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:SM_Troy_Sword <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1183

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 15:25 by Umutkrdgg » Logged

UK
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2020, 17:07 »

There's special game override for Borderlands 3, you should use it.

I've added support for this game's skeletal meshes and textures. At least those assets which I've got (not just from this thread) works.

Static meshes and animations doesn't work for me, and I have no idea if anything worked for anyone else in this thread - the thread has very strange discussion which is not related to UE Viewer at all (may be you should consider a different forum for that?)

Game override is required, for command line use -game=border3

Added StaticMesh support.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2020, 22:45 »

Just use the special launch option. Everything is working. Here is a screenshot.
Game override is required, for command line use -game=border3

* qSOMolTkRo.jpg (34.18 KB, 802x652 - viewed 266 times.)

MARK2580
Umutkrdgg

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2020, 02:05 »

Sorry for my noobness but i dont know how i can special launch umodel or where to paste this code?
How i can override game

Edit:
İ can finally exported. For noobs like me
1-open cmd and type cd c:/(to your umodel folder like cd: c/project/umodelfolder
2-Type umodel.exe -game=border3
thats it and its very easy but not for me lol
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 02:19 by Umutkrdgg » Logged

UK
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2020, 06:58 »

One uses this to find particular game support....

Blender + Linux User Here.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2020, 04:55 »

I hope it is not too late to bring this up, but lot of people might've noticed that the Main Playable Characters haven't been ported out anywhere, because 1, we have to paint them up with their respective colors and 2, anyone who has tried to do so has come across this problem.

So there are this "Colorize_Array" textures that for some reason, cannot be viewed, or extracted. I have managed to save them on a folder, and even tried to put them through "Rawtex", but at the end they always come out very bad.

I'm gonna provide them here if Gildor or anyone would like to check them out:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/n7bdxeewef934vh/Beastmaster_Colorize_Array.zip/file

I know it's been quite a hassle to provide support for this game, but i hope there is something that can be done.

I want to ask. There are some Texture2DArray which, so that I do not select in rawtex, look only like this. Are there any ways to get the right paint mask? Without them, it is impossible to paint most textures.
I attached an example to the message.

* 8o7kZ1ctty.jpg (52.68 KB, 849x575 - viewed 212 times.)
* T_SPCTR_Drone_Small_Colorize_Array.7z (11.42 KB - downloaded 48 times.)

MARK2580
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2020, 18:48 »

hello people!! i'm new in models export and i need help. first question... why some different models look like large one pile? and how should i separate them in 3ds max? or is there another program I can use for that? and second q... all models have only one mesh, but textures can be 3-5... how i can put all textures on one model?? head, body, etc... please please please explain!! ;_;
The answer to all questions at once - Material ID

MARK2580
xxdeathknight72xx

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2020, 21:17 »

Why can't I see any NonPlayerCharacter models / rigs any more?
There isn't even a "rig" folder being found any more, this is weird.
I wonder what else isn't being seen now :/
I initially tried using the older version of UModel I've been using and noticed the issue.
I just downloaded the latest version of UModel and it's the same thing.

I've modded BL3 and made tutorials about it before so I know what I'm doing.
I just don't know what BL3 may have updated in order to make some of it's files unreadable.
Weird

Edit, I'm a moron
I began modding last night and forgot I took pak 11 out of the main file structure ...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 21:25 by xxdeathknight72xx » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: