Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: DC Universe Online  (Read 43480 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: DC Universe Online
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2011, 10:28 »

umodel FAQ
How can I view animation when it is stored separately from the mesh (in a different package)?
Nazar_off

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2011, 12:03 »

I know this too, if you mean "-pkg" option. Smiley But I can't find combination model-animation. Can you provide one example where we can see non-zero number of animation in viewer and test?
Thanks.

P.S. umodelGUI don't want to open UPK for preview Sad Hard to explore.
P.P.S Yes, I know that umodelGUI isn't your prog. Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2011, 12:10 »

I don't know model-animation examples for this game, sorry. I have no interest for this game.
Nazar_off

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2011, 13:39 »

I think umodel can't load animation from DCUO, because ActorXImporter successfully import same animation to the same model.
P.S.
swampsow
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2011, 10:07 »

For people who've been ripping from this:

Can you rip your player created heroes as well as the main DC ones?
wanderer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2013, 22:33 »

Hi Gildor.

First off thanks for creating this amazing tool   Smiley.

Second, I'm sorry to bother you about this, but the UPK files in DCUO no longer seem to work with UE Viewer. 

I discovered this after I re-downloaded the game last night after not having played for awhile (My previous copy was lost when my old HDD died.), and files that had worked just fine with earlier versions of both the game and UE Viewer were no longer able to be opened. 

I could find only two files out of the hundreds in the game that would still open; both of these are new models (in the Unreal/characters/NPC/Iconic/Heroes folder - there file names both start with a number somewhere around 209 to 213) that were just added as part of the games last maintenance update in preparation for an upcoming download contnet pack. 

The UE Viewer error logs only say that each file contains a 4 bit error at various memory addresses, when it tries to open them.

The game itself runs fine, so I'm thinking the developers made some small custom change in the file format recently.

If it's not to much trouble I was hopping you could take a quick look at this problem, as Id like to use some of the game models for reference in constructing some cosplay costumes I'm working on for an upcoming convention.

You can download the game for free @ www.dcuniverseonline.com

Thanks again in advance.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2013, 23:41 »

Hi.
1. try adding -game=dcuo (perhaps different game tag, I don't remember)
2. I need an error message to say anything particular
wanderer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2013, 00:31 »

Hmm. Thanks I'll try that, though i've never needed to use a special switch before.

In the mean time I checked again and found quite a few files that would open, but if you try to navigate within them using the pg. up & pg. down keys to find the models ue viewer immediatly crashes.

To help you better diagnose the problem, here are the errors generated in the UE viewer log from the files I tried to open that didn't work:

******** CHARACTER\NPC\ICONIC\HERO\DCHRNPCICOHER213.UPK:  SkeletalMesh3'CHRNPCICOHER213_SKMESH' ********

ERROR: Unable to serialize 4 bytes at pos=101482496
FFileReader::Serialize:File=NPC.TFC <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- FCompressedChunkHeader<<:pos=60C8000 <- appReadCompressedChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeChunk <- UTexture2D::LoadBulkTexture:File=TEXTUREFILECACHE/NPC.TFC <- UTexture2D::GetTextureData <- Upload2D <- UTexture2D::Bind <- GL_NormalmapShader <- UUnrealMaterial::SetMaterial:CHRNPCICOHER213_MAT <- CMeshInstance::SetMaterial <- CSkelMeshInstance::DrawMesh <- CSkelMeshInstance::Draw <- CMeshViewer::Draw3D <- CSkelMeshViewer::Draw3D <- CUmodelApp::Draw3D <- Display <- VisualizerLoop <- MainLoop <- Main

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 16:07 by Gildor » Logged
wanderer

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2013, 00:36 »

Just tried using the swithc you recomended and still nothing.  Thanks for the suggestion though.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2013, 00:54 »

It looks like they changed texture data format (I hope.not tfc system). All I can recommend you for now is to use -notex option.
wanderer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2013, 02:51 »

Thanks,

I tried the no texture command and it works, but without the textures, the models are nearly useless to me, asthey are otherwise so low poly as to be little more then boxy manikins. 

Is it possible to determine what the new texture format is, seeing as it only seems to effect some of the textures and not others (Otherwise the few models that work without turning off textures wouldn't work at all.)? 

It seems to me that it's one or more of the fx textures that have been changed, since I seem to be able to view with at least one of the two working models, it's basic textures just fine, separate from the model itself. 

It's only when I try to navigate further in the .udk file to view things like the specular, bump, diffuse, and normal maps, that UE Viewer crashes?

Thnaks again for your help.   Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2013, 16:09 »

Sorry, I have no possibility to do anything right now Sad
More info
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,1777.0.html
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,1768.msg13908.html#msg13908
Raxer Crx

Hey!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2013, 20:51 »

P.S. umodelGUI don't want to open UPK for preview Sad Hard to explore.
P.P.S Yes, I know that umodelGUI isn't your prog. Smiley

Hello.

First sorry my bad English and post in a thread a little old.

I extracted animations, some models(with text and other without texture) with U-Model GUI. And I know why, U-Model GUi not recognize the extension .UPK, .XXX all extension uppercase.
Then is simple,  rename .UPK to .upk. Yeah, yeah, is boring rename hundred files  Grin I found a little App for this purpose in bluefive.pair.com/downloads.htm . You need download the tool Recase.net, download, read readme.txt, install and finish, only you have select files Right Click and Recase to lowercase. For uninstall just go to Control panel-> Uninstall programs blah blah blah. If the options of right click is persistent, then download this: http://bluefive.pair.com/Recase_menuremoval.zip   and use .reg file of XP folder.

PS: Tool tested in Win7
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 20:55 by Raxer Crx » Logged
wanderer

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2013, 22:11 »

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.  Grin    

Only one problem, even though the re-capitalization does work for me, I'm only able to get the low-res textures that look like floating blobs of diffuse color sprayed on the models.  The hi-res textures that were available prior to the game updates still don't show don't show up.  Also, those few models that did display their textures correctly prior to the re-capitalization are also now low-res.  

So while seeming to be a step in the right direction, it still doesn't really make the models any more useful for my purposes.

If you have any other ideas on this I'd be interested to know.

Thanks again Smiley
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 23:06 by wanderer » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2013, 00:28 »

I've recently fixed some TFC-relative bug in umodel which could affect DCUO appearance. Count anybody re-test umodel with this game, please?
Jump to: