March 28, 2024, 12:55
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order  (Read 10821 times)
CosmicDreams

Pak chunky.

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2019, 01:50 »

Re-starting this thread since official support was added mainly just to report some things that are currently broken with it.

Code:
Loading AnimSequence4 Hero_Menu_Idle from package /Game/Characters/Hero/Animation/Idles/Menu/Hero_Menu_Idle.uasset
******** Loading object AnimSequence4'Hero_Menu_Idle.Hero_Menu_Idle' ********
*** AnimSequence Hero_Menu_Idle has wrong CompressedTrackOffsets size (has 0, expected 1520), removing track
Some animations will fail to load with this error. (expected field will change depending on the animation.)
For other anims to check i recommend looking at the cutscene animations which can be found at "Game/Cinematics"

Some meshes crash, seems to be mainly objects relating to the holomap; ie. "Game/Models/WorldMap/Ilum/SM_Terrain_IlumGlobal_00_Unreal" which crashes with the error
Code:
assertion failed: Ar.Tell() - Pos == ItemCount * ItemSize

FStaticMeshVertexBuffer4<< <- FStaticMeshLODModel4::SerializeBuffersLegacy <- FStaticMeshLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/1 <- UStaticMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:StaticMesh4'SM_Terrain_IlumGlobal_00_Unreal.SM_Terrain_IlumGlobal_00_Unreal', pos=23F00, ver=517/0 (unversioned), game=jedi <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:SM_Terrain_IlumGlobal_00_Unreal <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1136

Aside from those issues all seems to be working great!

EDIT: Some textures fail to decompress it seems.
Code:
Kraken_Decompress returned -1 (magic=8C/0A)

appDecompress:CompSize=34556 UncompSize=262576 Flags=0xFF <- SerializeCompressed <- FPakFile::Serialize:file=/Game/Characters/Materials/Eye/Textures/UnchangedPRT.uexp <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=00000406 <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeUnrealProps <- UObject::Serialize <- UTexture3::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:Texture2D'UnchangedPRT.UnchangedPRT', pos=406, ver=517/0 (unversioned), game=jedi <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:Inquisitor_rig_face <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- CUmodelApp::WndProc <- VisualizerLoop <- Main:umodel_build=1136

Like before they decompress fine using the unreal tournament 4 bms script so i'll probably stick to using files extracted with that for now.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 02:05 by CosmicDreams » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 11:09 »

Damn, perhaps I accidentally removed the thread why removing spam from it (from my phone). I'm really sorry for that, hopefully it didn't contain anything very important.
I've updated compatibility table with the new link, and updated facebook post.

So, information.

1. The game works. You should override game to "Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order" (can use command line option -game=jedi)
2. It may crash with some textures due to error in oodle decompressor used in UE Viewer (ooz). To bypass it, either disable texture loading, or decompress pak with something else.

Any posts which says "I didn't read your message" will be removed (hopefully without removing the whole thread by accident again).

P.S. If you don't know how to use UModel, PLEASE watch my tutorials - the link is in umodel's readme.txt and even in GUI "Help" menu.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 11:28 by Gildor » Logged
AESRYL

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 11:22 »

Hello Gildor. I am only having an Issue with the Face Meshes. Everything else I have been opening is perfectly fine. so I thought that I might let some people know in case its just an issue on my end.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 11:26 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 11:24 »

Hi,
I see the report in 1st post, there's 1 error which is not related to oodle - with FStaticMeshLODModel4. Does "face mesh" problem has the same error "pattern"? If not, please post an error message here, so I won't need to iterate over all assets to find the problem.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 11:26 by Gildor » Logged
AESRYL

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 11:40 »

This is the error I seem to be getting when I have tried opening the "player character / Cal Kestis" which is found under
Character > Hero > Rig > Face

Code:

appDecompress:CompSize=34556 UncompSize=262576 Flags=0xFF <- SerializeCompressed <- FPakFile::Serialize:file=/Game/Characters/Materials/Eye/Textures/UnchangedPRT.uexp <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=00000406 <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeUnrealProps <- UObject::Serialize <- UTexture3::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:Texture2D'UnchangedPRT.UnchangedPRT', pos=406, ver=517/0 (unversioned), game=jedi <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:hero_rig_face <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- CUmodelApp::ProcessKey:key=6F, down=1 <- VisualizerLoop <- Main:umodel_build=1136
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 11:46 »

appDecompress:CompSize=34556 UncompSize=262576 Flags=0xFF <- SerializeCompressed <- FPakFile::Serialize... <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=00000406 <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeUnrealProps <- UObject::Serialize <- UTexture3::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- ...

This is the problem with oodle (called "kraken" in ooz).
AESRYL

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 11:56 »

Any possible fix?? Its kind of pointless extracting models if you cannot get their head meshes?

EDIT - I actually fixed it. I read what you said above about disabling textures because of the "Oodle" issue and it worked.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 17:20 by AESRYL » Logged
CosmicDreams

Pak chunky.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 20:10 »

Forgot to mention that holomap objects are in Game/Models/WorldMap
The 3 meshes in the WorldMap folder itself work but it seems like anything in the subfolders is broken.
Just to narrow it down a bit.
Dijon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 03:58 »

Is the texture/oodle problem essentially permanent unless ooz gets updated?
AESRYL

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 07:03 »

The 3 meshes in the WorldMap folder itself work but it seems like anything in the subfolders is broken.

Have you managed to get find the proper textures for things? I tried loading Cal into Blender and couldnt find his Hair or Face textures, and the UVs on things seemed to be an issue aswell
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 09:59 »

I've fixed crash with meshes (not the one related to oodle decoding).

I'll try to investigate the crash, however it's very hard for me because I'm unfamiliar with oodle and ooz.
AESRYL

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 12:11 »

I've fixed crash with meshes (not the one related to oodle decoding).

I'll try to investigate the crash, however it's very hard for me because I'm unfamiliar with oodle and ooz.

Gildor sorry to ask, but is there an easier way to extract the textures & meshes? & like how do I go about extracting the map files
CosmicDreams

Pak chunky.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2019, 17:33 »

Have you managed to get find the proper textures for things? I tried loading Cal into Blender and couldnt find his Hair or Face textures, and the UVs on things seemed to be an issue aswell

I have managed to get him into blender yes.
The hair shader is extremely complex so I cut a lot of corners with it though.
I'll get a pic later.
AESRYL

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2019, 17:39 »

Ah okay. yeah if you may be able to help me out, it would be appreciated.

I would love to open him up in blender and get him textured properly because I have plans for him and his lightsaber
(I have plans for all characters really)
CosmicDreams

Pak chunky.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2019, 18:32 »

Here's a pic.
Got some node groups as well i made to help out but im missing some things like detail tiling textures via ID maps.

If you want the blend file i can send that over if you like. Includes the lightsaber and BD-1 as well.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: